Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Buying diapers for the first time

So I'm not particularly into diapers, but I really enjoy holds and wetting.  The reason I'm considering buying some is for the sake of public holds/wetting. The biggest issue I'm running into is that I'm too nervous to buy some. I'm in my early 20s and I feel that if I buy some adult diapers, my intent will be obvious. However since I plan on doing full wettings, I'm afraid to use anything less.  Point of all my rambling is that I'm nervous about the purchase itself. I know I'm just psyching myself out over nothing, kinda like buying condoms for the first time. Does anyone have any tips or stories from their first purchase?

I wouldn't trust Goodnites for any kind of public desperation. They can't handle a flood well.

If you want to buy from a store, something with a self-checkout like Wal-mart can work well, especially if people you know don't normally shop there. If you do have to check out with a cashier, my advice is to resist the urge to explain why you're buying them. They aren't there to investigate why you're buying them. Pick up some other items to draw attention away from the diapers. Even if someone notices what you've got, it's not a big deal. I think I heard someone comment earlier today while I was shopping that their cousin wears Goodnites. I wasn't anxious, it was actually kinda thrilling.

I'd honestly be more scared to order something like diapers online and having to risk them arriving in less discreet packaging, unless ordering from Amazon, but they would keep reminding me every time I log in. Other sites could use discreet packaging, but I've seen a handful of stories of situations where people got a box of diapers with just a shipping label slapped on it instead of it being placed inside another box.

I would much prefer to just pick them up in a store and either use self-checkout or attempt to strike up a side conversation with the cashier; at that point, while talking, muscle memory just takes over (if they've been a cashier for long enough), allowing everything to get scanned with them barely looking at any of them. If the side conversation doesn't work and they look at everything being scanned and give either you or the package an odd look, just say you're buying for somebody else like a younger sibling, cousin, or a friend who knew you'd be coming to the store and is going to pay you back. I used that last excuse the first time I was buying and paid separately for them, using cash, and used debit to pay for my groceries.

I've bought like incontinence underwear from the supermarket before, but only late at night and using a self-checkout, I'm not sure I have the guts to buy from an actual person cos the whole idea is to minimise the number of people, even random people, who have ANY knowledge of things you've bought! Most cashiers aren't going to care, and most of the ones who do will likely accept the story that you're buying for someone else - if I'm ever browsing for naughty things I always mutter to myself things like "is this the one she meant?" or similar so people think I'm shopping for someone else... But there's still that 1% chance of someone cottoning on to the truth, and even if I'll never see them again I'd hate to risk that!!

Amazon is perfect as there's no way of telling what's in the box and since most amazon purchases AREN'T diapers nearly everyone (who even cares) will assume it's something else... Specific diaper sites make a point of packaging things discreetly, but you just have to be sure to check that it says so on their website, and the only possible way people could know is if they get really nosey so just make sure you let people know that they don't get to see your post no matter what it is!

I still haven't purchased any yet (I'm a little short on cash ATM), but I definitely appreciate the tips! And I wouldn't have thought to pay for them both using a seperate payment methods. That could definitely make a story about someone having you pick them up really believable.  Thanks for the support and the ideas! 

If you have to purchase in store, go armed with a detailed list/note with the specifics of what you want to buy. A detailed note is the tool of someone not buying for themselves ;) You can look at the diapers closely, back at your list, diapers, list again, brow furrowed in puzzled manner. Appears to anyone around you are buying for someone else on request. Works particularly well with pharmacies or small shops. You can even get bold and ask advice. "I've been asked to pick up xxxxx [point at note]. Are these the right ones?" Or, "you don't seem to have them. Can you recommend a suitable alternative for them/him/her?" You might even find a hidden gem, or encourage them to stock one you want :)