etoile

Super Ultra Most Controversial Debate Ever

24 posts in this topic

Pineapple on pizza. Disgusting or delicious?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delicious. Best pizza topping out there. Add some green onion and Canadian bacon and you have the perfect pizza.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EMT said:

Delicious. Best pizza topping out there. Add some green onion and Canadian bacon and you have the perfect pizza.

you absolute barbarian

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first heard of pineapple as a pizza topping, I thought it was a weird choice for a non-dessert pizza, but it's really quite good. Pepperoni, Spicy Italian Sausage, and Pineapple and Grilled Chicken, Pineapple, and Jalapeno are probably my two favorite 3-topping combinations, though in general, I'm more of a Everything but Anchovies kind of person(sadly, Papa John's, my delivery pizzeria of choice charges outrageous prices for extra toppings and has a topping limit that won't let me combine all my favorite toppings).

 

Still, I thought Anchovies was the divisive pizza topping(my verdict: they'd be good if they weren't so salty, and I'll eat a pizza with anchovies, but the saltiness makes me feel like I need to double my water consumption).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory with pizza is pepperoni and cheese only, no matter from where. That way there is no surprises and it is always gonna make me happy, because pizza tastes amazing. For example I really love onions in many different meals, so i figured i would order pizza with onions from my favorite pizza joint, but for some reason it felt like the entire pizza was made differently, even the pepperonis didn't taste normal.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quation said:

My theory with pizza is pepperoni and cheese only, no matter from where. That way there is no surprises and it is always gonna make me happy, because pizza tastes amazing. For example I really love onions in many different meals, so i figured i would order pizza with onions from my favorite pizza joint, but for some reason it felt like the entire pizza was made differently, even the pepperonis didn't taste normal.  

It's the way it's meant to be.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love pepperoni Pizza, but a wood fire pizza with pineapple, Canadian bacon, and green onion is unbeatable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pineapple and Canadian bacon rules! But then again I have some very weird topping on pizza's and pretty much loved them all! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuck! Fruit with savoury items. It's as disgusting as when people put apple on pork. Abhorrent barbarism.

To me all of this foolhardy nonsense is the equivalent of slathering ice cream with beef and onion gravy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pc Genie said:

Yuck! Fruit with savoury items. It's as disgusting as when people put apple on pork. Abhorrent barbarism.

To me all of this foolhardy nonsense is the equivalent of slathering ice cream with beef and onion gravy.

You. I like you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere ages ago that eating pineapple makes cum taste better.

Personally, I think that cum ruins a perfectly good fruit, but that's a whole different story.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jus said:

I read somewhere ages ago that eating pineapple makes cum taste better.

Personally, I think that cum ruins a perfectly good fruit, but that's a whole different story.

 

IMG_7155.JPG

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jus said:

I read somewhere ages ago that eating pineapple makes cum taste better.

Personally, I think that cum ruins a perfectly good fruit, but that's a whole different story.

....Who the **** is stupid enough to say such crap like that?

People are stupid sometimes. Who would even do such a thing anyways? I mean thats just a really dumb idea in the first place.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DespLover9021 said:

....Who the **** is stupid enough to say such crap like that?

People are stupid sometimes. Who would even do such a thing anyways? I mean thats just a really dumb idea in the first place.

Because if something is physically possible, someone already tried it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope!  I don't like pineapples on their own (unless they're a flavour for Jelly Beans), so adding them to pizza is like bringing Holy Water to a gathering of Undead. Disgusting, soggy and will likely result in the wrath of the Gods.

My overall favourite topping for Pizza is Meat Feast, without the onions, of course. I'm quite partial to most pizza flavours, but anything with Vegetables on is just sacrilege when it comes to Pizza. Why put healthy stuff, on my unhealthy choice of food?! If I wanted to eat healthy, I wouldn't have chosen Pizza now, would I?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if you want to throw pineapple on pizza, go ahead, but if you're going to throw veggies on a pizza, I personally greatly prefer olives, mushrooms or basil leaves.

I prefer eating pineapple raw or in a dessert, but honestly, pizzas should be anything goes unless you're forcing me to eat it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard of such strange things but nope, I think it sounds revolting. 

I'll stick to my vegetarian pizza please. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pineapple is gooood!! Not on every pizza - my fave is all the meats, BBQ sauce base, and if available tandoori chicken in the meat mix gives a nommy bit of light spice to the combo... But I do appreciate pineapple on a pizza every now and then, the sweet and salty combo (to quote deadpool!) can be quite refreshing, in the same way as things like salted caramel or sweet & salted popcorn are popular these days, the contrasting flavour types stimulate the flavour palette more than just one or the other...

I've never understood the virulent hatred of pineapple pizza, I mean I get that it's unusual so not going to be universally popular, but those who swear death and hellfire upon the abomination could use a touch of perspective - with devil food like oranges out there, who's got time for hatin' on the pineapple pizza? :tongue:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can tell, the general attitude is this:

Pineapple on pizza likers: It's pretty good! =) My other favorite toppings are olives and mushrooms. It's so tangy!

Pineapple on pizza dislikers: YOU ARE AN UNHOLY SCOURGE ON THIS FORSAKEN EARTH

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Isn't it that way with most "debates" nowadays? Both sides hating on each other and the moderates either being drown out or not speaking up for fear of being hated on by both sides?

 

Also, to the don't mix sweet and savory crowd: what's your opinion of things like honey or maple glazes on ham and turkey, pies that combine a savory crust with a sweet fruit filling, serving sweet potatoes, candied yams, or cranberry sauce along side meat, serving jellies, jams, marmalade, and fruit preserves along side bacon and eggs, or anything that mixes sugar with cinnamon? Granted, I only like some of these, but these are all examples of mixing contrasting flavors and some ore so common I suspect many don't even realize the mixing.

 

Also, I'm now wondering how pineapple would taste in an omelette. I mean, omelet and pizza are very similar dishes when you think about it, just replace the pizza crust with egg and omit the pizza sauce and you've just turned your pizza into an omelet.

 

A pan fried omelet with pepperoni, spicy italian sausage, grilled chicken, beef, onions, mushrooms, green and black olives, bell, banana, and jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, and pineapple sounds like it would be very yummy, and wouldn't have all that bread from the pizza.

 

On a related note, does anyone know if there's a name for the dish you'd get if you just tossed the sauce, cheese, and toppings in a pan or bowl without the crust? I love pizza, but its got way too many carbs for me to eat guilt free and I'm too wired agaist wasting food to just rake the toppings off and throwaway the crust.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

 

^Isn't it that way with most "debates" nowadays? Both sides hating on each other and the moderates either being drown out or not speaking up for fear of being hated on by both sides?

 

I meant more like the pineapple likers are friendly and don't have too strong of an opinion, whereas the people who dislike it REALLY dislike it.

 

2 hours ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

Also, to the don't mix sweet and savory crowd: what's your opinion of things like honey or maple glazes on ham and turkey, pies that combine a savory crust with a sweet fruit filling, serving sweet potatoes, candied yams, or cranberry sauce along side meat, serving jellies, jams, marmalade, and fruit preserves along side bacon and eggs, or anything that mixes sugar with cinnamon? Granted, I only like some of these, but these are all examples of mixing contrasting flavors and some ore so common I suspect many don't even realize the mixing.

I've never liked sweet/savory much; the only good way to go is maple+bacon and even that gets to be too much. Sweet and salty is better. I think the issue with pineapple is less of a flavor and more of a texture thing.

 

2 hours ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

On a related note, does anyone know if there's a name for the dish you'd get if you just tossed the sauce, cheese, and toppings in a pan or bowl without the crust? I love pizza, but its got way too many carbs for me to eat guilt free and I'm too wired agaist wasting food to just rake the toppings off and throwaway the crust.

Lasagna.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, etoile said:

I meant more like the pineapple likers are friendly and don't have too strong of an opinion, whereas the people who dislike it REALLY dislike it.

Maybe there's something in pineapple that mellows folk out, but like the Pax from Serenity/Firefly, a tenth of a percent of the population (adjust percentage accordingly!) had their aggressor response increase exponentially, at least when it comes to the subject of pineapple?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.