put name here

bans shouldn't affect reputation

16 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, OmoCommando said:

Bans don't effect reputation. Making rude or spammy posts does.

14 hours ago, OmoCommando said:

Bans don't affect reputation. Making rude or spammy posts does.

To be fair this is a very tame and easy site. You follow the rules then you don't have to worry about bans. Don't be an asshole to people and you won't get a negative rep. That's on you, no one else. That goes for life too. 

And actually a ban is an indicator of unsavoury activity so I think it's not particularly unreasonable that a ban SHOULD in fact affect reputation - if you're going to break the rules of the site enough to get yourself a ban that's bad rep in itself and I see no real downside to it resulting in a drop in your rep numbers. Say a ban would also lose you 5 rep points - that'd be a lot less than you lose by posting a topic complaining about bans and loss of reputation, the OP has -10 from this post at current count!!

The trick, quite clearly, is to make sure you keep your posts non-bannable, and post good stuff that people like to boost your rep! :cool:

Posted (edited)

On 4/16/2017 at 1:22 AM, ArcticVortex said:

To be fair this is a very tame and easy site. You follow the rules then you don't have to worry about bans. Don't be an asshole to people and you won't get a negative rep. That's on you, no one else. That goes for life too. 

This is the guy who threw tantrums about omo.org apparently being nothing but a pay site and something about supporting mobile. I don't think he's going to get a grip on the concept of not being an asshole.

And yeah, Vortex, Luna, and Moocom have summed this up fairly well.

Edited by JustCallum

I made you a nice little info-graphic to help you understand where all of your reputation points come from. I hope you appreciate it! :hi:l1z8Er6.png
Congratulations!

**Edit: Worth noting that the total has already changed to be different than -31, however with your new found counting skills you can recheck the math on your own.

Edited by FallingDusk
fml

14 minutes ago, FallingDusk said:

I made you a nice little info-graphic to help you understand where all of your reputation points come from. I hope you appreciate it! :hi:bohujgi.png
Congratulations!

I know you have this obsession with editing your posts 20 times each, so I just wanted to point out the picture you can't so easily edit has a typo in the first word. c:

Poor duck.

30 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

I know you have this obsession with editing your posts 20 times each, so I just wanted to point out the picture you can't so easily edit has a typo in the first word. c:

Poor duck.

I don't see what you're talking about :ahaaah:

14 minutes ago, FallingDusk said:

I don't see what you're talking about :ahaaah:

It is still the same in my quote.

Your shame will forever be on display for all to see.

14 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

It is still the same in my quote.

Your shame will forever be on display for all to see.

FAAAKE! I assure you Fox has clearly photo-shopped a blemish onto my beautiful infographic :depressed2:

Also, I would like to congratulate OP on having the most downvoted post in the history of Omorashi.org! (The previous one was on a very similar topic, who knew!)

And this is why I don't get myself an Ipad. They're probably possessed by the dark gods.

15 minutes ago, Lisk said:

And this is why I don't get myself an Ipad. They're probably possessed by the dark gods.

"Probably."

Of course they are possessed by the dark gods.

17 hours ago, FallingDusk said:

I made you a nice little info-graphic to help you understand where all of your reputation points come from. I hope you appreciate it! :hi:l1z8Er6.png
Congratulations!

**Edit: Worth noting that the total has already changed to be different than -31, however with your new found counting skills you can recheck the math on your own.

There's also the typo with "possible" which should read "possibly". :P