Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Cantankerous bladder.

I was sitting having lunch at home and my bladder decided it wanted to empty. I wanted to finish my lunch. I did a bit of a jiggling, and the urge went away. It came back a bit later, but more jiggling sent it on its way again. then I finished lunch and got up. The results were instant.

The usual dribble down my leg was a trickle, increasing as I walked faster than usual to the shower. By the time I got there, the trickle was a stream, so I stood in the shower and finished off. Nice. I do have to go when I get the signal, If not, my bladder gets its revenge.

I often resist the first urge to pee if it seems unreasonably premature, and a lot of the time I can get away with it, putting off a pee for a significant time.  But being an old guy with an enlarged prostate, sometimes "resistance is futile" and I'd better run for the toilet.  So, when I feel the urge and ask myself, "Can I hold it a while?" if I make the wrong choice, I could very well end up with wet underpants at the very least.  But maybe not.  It makes life interesting!

Maybe Fred is right about erratic bladders making life interesting, especially if you see interesting to mean stressful and anxiety provoking.

For years I never much bothered about being "comfortably damp" but when streams became torrents it was either plan my life so as to always be near a toilet or start using what the hospital calls "protection" ever though they look like diapers to me.

At the moment I can get away with planning my day around toilets, fluid intake and timing.  For instance, I've just finished a mug of coffee. I'll wait until I've pissed, then dried, my pants and legs. Then I'll go out for about half an hour. By the time I get back, I'll probably be set for another wetting.