Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

If you go back in time, and stop yourself from being potty trained.....

Would you? Simply put, if you had the power to, or some sort of time machine like device such as the TARDIS, , and you could go back in time. Now this isn't normal time travel. It's like a facet of Life is Strange, wherein you go back in time, but "take over" the body of yourself in that moment, or moments, in time. You still have your adult mind and memories, more of less, of what's to come. If you could go back to let's say, two to four years of age, and prevent yourself from being potty trained, would you do so?

Heck to the no.  I get my pleasure mostly from holding it anyway, but even if I got a world of pleasure from peeing in a diaper, I would NOT go to that extreme.  It would remove the chance for me to do a lot of things I've done in my life.  I ran track and cross-country in high school, and good luck hiding a diaper under track shorts, much less running with one on.  The chafing would be hell.  And though I don't run officially anymore, I still do sometimes for fun.  I enjoy swimming, and I know people have said that everyone pees in the pool.  Well, I care too much about the well-being of others to do that no matter how good it feels.  I don't want to swim in pissy water, and yes, I know the chemicals are there, but still.  I played baseball for many years, and those games last a while and you have to drink a fair bit just to stay hydrated.  I would have had to go home earlier than I would have liked several times when there was no privacy available for a while.  If nothing else, the smell would pervade the area and they'd know something was up.  I don't want my house to smell like pee either, which it probably would, and there would be nothing I could do about it.  And I know there's more I can't think of right now, and sorry for the essay.  But absolutely, positively, HELL no for me.

Yup, there'd be so much less fun in Omo if you were never potty trained - half the point (for me at least) is that it's deliberate, or if it's accidental it's because you held for too long or whatever... Never being potty trained would mean no control over it, and while I think Omo is a great thing to get interested in if you DO have incontinence (ie if you're stuck with the inconvenience you might as well have fun with it!) undoing your potty training would kinda be like intentionally making yourself incontinent and therefore give up your control in ALL situations, not just when you wanted to have fun with it... I dunno I'd kinda like to be able to wet the bed accidentally but wouldn't be willing to do so at the cost of losing control at times when I didnt want to.

Interesting thought though :wink:

In opposition to what most people have said so far, I think on some days, I really would go back and do this. Or, maybe, I'd have allowed myself to become potty trained just enough that I didn't have to wear diapers but that I was wetting myself all the time. I was ALWAYS curious about peeing my pants as a kid, and this would have been quite convenient for me, I think.

On the other side of the coin, I do understand what everyone else is saying. I most often take breaks from omo because I can't stand the smell. It makes me feel self-conscious and I feel like I'm hyper-aware of the smell. It's not something that I want others to notice, especially my friends and family. None of them would understand it, I don't think, and I don't want them to judge or belittle me. And like MangaKitten said, pull-ups and the adult diapers you can buy at, say, Walmart, are not built to hold a real wetting from an adult-sized bladder. It's just not a thing. Additionally, it definitely is a better experience doing it on purpose, rather than just because I can't control it.

But in the long run, I still think I would take the opportunity. After all, if I didn't like it, I could just take the Tardis back and undo my undo of potty training! XD

Edited by ConfusedOne (see edit history)

Like ConfusedOne, I was wet all through childhood. It was made perfectly clear to me that this was unacceptable, so I had to be cautious about it. I wouldn't want to undo potty training, because I had to toe the line, but I'd like to develop I better sense of smell. I must have ponged at High School, because I would happily wet my heavy school shorts, and stay in them. I never smelt a thing though.

While it is an interesting thought, I think  a total "un-toilet training" would result in too many negatively social consequences to be worth it. Good luck getting through school without anyone finding out about your special underwear. Children are generally merciless. I still remember kids being heavily teased for a one-off wetting incident (which I was never around to see, dammit!) that occurred several years prior to the teasing. As a diapered child, you would be (for the most part) a social outcast. You would probably have severe self-esteem issues that would have to be overcome. And it just wouldn't be fun. Ultimately, it would probably be something you'd have to "learn to deal with". It would be more of a burden than anything. Yeah, you'd probably eventually get to the point of self-acceptance, but why lessen your control during your vulnerable years as a child? During one's childhood years, there is already so much out of one's control that any reduction of power would just be more of an inconvenience than anything else.

I mean look at it this way: you would have 2 options. You could either try and hide your diapered state or live openly as a diapered kid. The first would be incredibly difficult to pull off and severely limit the closeness you would be able to achieve with your peers. The latter would greatly reduce the number of others who would accept you at the very basic level as a person. I'll say it again, children are merciless (I for one was a huge asshole as a child), and just having the knowledge that you aren't even toilet trained would make you major fodder for bullies (unless you could kick some SERIOUS ass in another regard... and even then there would still be snickers behind your back).

Having said all of that, achieving incontinence as an adult.... that might have some merit. But one's childhood is too much of a foundation. As a child, you gotta have some stellar moments and as few "screw-ups" as possible, or else you will just most likely be bitten in the ass with self-worth & self-doubt issues in the future. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find true moments of self-worth with a wet diaper between your legs.... especially during the extremely sensitive years of childhood and adolescence.

Writing this really reminds me of the deep-rooted nature of my fetish. The fact that I find the idea of simple urinary incontinence so utterly fascinating shows the profound impact that it would have on someone's life. But as for this particular idea, no... just no. It is a fascinating subject to dream and ponder about here and there, but realistically, there would just be too many missed-opportunities and troubles to make it worthwhile.

Call me a selfish prick, but I'd rather undo the potty training of a potential female companion. Sure, it would ruin her life, but damn she would be sexy in the long run! Hopefully I wouldn't encounter her until my adult years.. knowing my nature,. I would have just joined the main pack and teased her if I had met her as a child.

The only potty training I received was for bowel movements. I was always encouraged, if not forced to wet in my diapers. My mother kept my in diapers all the time and would only change them for me when they were soaked. She did not believe in waisting them. So I have no desire to go back in time to change my potty training. I enjoyed wearing diapers when I was young and I still do.

If i had the power to go back in time and effect a change on my potty training I'd do the opposite - start earlier and get my mum to be more supportive so didn't have to spend the next 20 years hearing from her how I was such a difficult child because i wouldn't potty train and "if it were up to you you'd still be in nappies".

I don't know if this is the source of my fetish, I'm sure it contributed, but it's why I'm constantly conflicted about it and unable to accept and live comfortably with it.

Sorry, topic just hit a nerve.  No offense intended.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2017 at 5:04 AM, Dunney said:

Like ConfusedOne, I was wet all through childhood. It was made perfectly clear to me that this was unacceptable, so I had to be cautious about it. I wouldn't want to undo potty training, because I had to toe the line, but I'd like to develop I better sense of smell. I must have ponged at High School, because I would happily wet my heavy school shorts, and stay in them. I never smelt a thing though.

I must have stank of pee when I was at school from my nightly bedwetting.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who still has nightly issues with both ends of the spectrum along with day issues still from my refusal to use the bathroom and even be semi-potty trained by the age of 12.

No not really it honestly will have more negatives than positives in my life. I mean don't get me wrong I love diapers I love AB stuff etc but I wouldn't go back in time to do that much better things I could do with a time machine like going to the future : 3.

Obligatory statement that if such a situation presented itself I would not squander the opportunity and would instead attempt to prevent 9/11, though it would be difficult since that occurred about a month before I turned 5.

More personally, I could prevent the deaths of multiple family members (don't take those pills! Make sure that fire is entirely put out!).

If I were solely limited to changing aspects of my life explicitly connected with potty training, there's no way I'd do it. My childhood was hard enough, I lived in an abusive household for quite a while and wouldn't want to give the tormentors of my younger self any extra ammunition.

If I could correct my personal history to be more healthy (in reference to aforementioned abusive situation), I still wouldn't do it because the resulting incontinence would likely damage my later social and professional life. Additionally, my theory is that exposure to trauma at a young age is what led me to be AB/DL in the first place. Making myself incontinent if I wasn't AB/DL in that timeline would obviously be a bad move.

If I could change things so I had a generically happy childhood and was an AB/DL living in a world where diaper use was a cultural norm, I would be sorely tempted. But, while I haven't thoroughly investigated this, my thinking is that seven billion diaper users would tax our planet's vulnerable resources even more than we already do, possibly to the breaking point by current day.

If I could change things so I had a generically happy childhood, and was obsessed with diapers in a world where I was a minority, but wouldn't be judged for choosing to use diapers, I would probably do it.

In general, my attitude towards diaper use is pretty well explained by the Sesame Street song "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon". It's a lot of fun to visit (and sometimes visit very often) but if I were forced to use them over the long term I feel like some portion of the fun and excitement would 'leak out', if you will. 

No, I wouldn't go back in time. Like other folks, for me omorashi is only an interest because it's chosen. However, I'd be fascinated by the opportunity to live through a thought experiment where I was still an adult, still myself with all my memories, yet for, say, 48 hours or whatever, I suddenly was no longer potty trained. And it would revert back to normal at the end of the allotted time. If I could spend 48 hours completely helpless to my body and then know after that that I was my usual self and healthy and all that? I'd definitely do that. I'm still disappointed at that one big peeing dream I had--in the dream I was on the toilet, fully peeing with a huge stream and then I woke up, startled, thinking for sure I'd wet myself but I hadn't. I mean, it's good that I have iron control, but damn, just that once would have been really exciting!

• 3 weeks later...

If I hadn't been potty trained, there would not have been a receptacle in the bedroom I shared with my mother and often another sibling. (Our farmhouse had no bathroom.) So I would not have been awakened by the sound of my mother loudly urinating into my potty chair and would not have developed this nasty pee fetish and a hatred for her weak bladder.