Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Not potty training

I've got a female friend who suffers from incontinence . 

Shes never been out of diapers , though she does catheter every couple of hours.  She super active and has 2 kids a boy 7 and a girl 5. She has yet to potty train either.  I've approached her about it and she said when she feels they are ready she will try. 

The kids don't go to day care . And the mom is planning on home schooling . 

So with a single parent who is in diapers with no father figure to alternatively show them. Is it possible they may never be potty trained. 

The 7 year old is changing his own diaper albeit pull-ups .

any thoughts here. 

Please keep it non sexual as we are talking about kids . 

Looking for a philosophical opinion on its possible. 

Just my two cents here, but this seems wrong (if it is true). Ask your friend this: would she, if she was able; become continent? It is all well and good to love diapers, and to wear and use diapers but in the end, having the choice is really what it is about. I don't think it is fair for your friend to not potty train her children, what if one of them wants to join the Armed Forces when they grow up? Not going to happen, I am pretty sure that incontinence renders you ineligible to serve your country. Raising children to be diaper dependent works great as a fictional story trope. In reality though, it is not the right thing to do. At least give them a choice when they are old enough to make informed decisions on their own. 

To axe mans point , that's why I posted this . 

I don't think she actually would say she's not going to train them. 

But she has very little social pressure to do so . 

And I'm not entirely sure she has the experience to push it through .  I've tried to explain the process as the timed voiding she does. 

Ive encouraged when I'm around but that is at best once a week. 

This wasn't meant as fantastical , given my association with diapers and this website , this was literally the only venue I felt I could get a honest opinion .

That is exactly my point, she has no social pressure. I also doubt that she will feel social pressure to potty train her children. What I am attempting to say (not very eloquently) is that although she may not feel pressure to potty train her children, has she considered the long term cons (emotional, social, and economical) that she may be placing on her children? Maybe I am missing the original point of your question, and if so please tell me so. 

22 minutes ago, Axe Man said:

That is exactly my point, she has no social pressure. I also doubt that she will feel social pressure to potty train her children. What I am attempting to say (not very eloquently) is that although she may not feel pressure to potty train her children, has she considered the long term cons (emotional, social, and economical) that she may be placing on her children? Maybe I am missing the original point of your question, and if so please tell me so. 

I think is the fact that, cause she herself is in diapers, and seems to have little to no control, it would be hard to potty train her kids via example

There is a difference between allowing kids time to learn for themselves and giving permission for them to not learn bladder and bowel control. life is tough on older kids in diapers  even if they are home schooled.  I can understand a single parent who finds keeping kids on diapers is easier than enduring the mishaps and problems training them, but that does not mean it is acceptable to prevent children reaching normal milestones even if they don't get there as fast as some other kids.

Choice is fine, but as diokno44x implies it ha to be a free choice made when we are mature enough to do so.  Sad if mum's choice is forced on the kids for much longer.

I'm not sure what else to add , debating on taking a week off and seeing if I can help potty train. Albeit as I have no kids it frankly feels very uncomfortable even offering . 

They know there mom wears diapers , and there inlies some of the issue . 

They need to see normal( that's a little non-pc. I appolagize for that) so that they get the gist . 

I appreciate the sounding board everybody . 

I can see where the mother's coming from. She's overdoing it though. The children need to be taught discretion; when it's ok to wet and soil, and when it's not. If not, there may be issues with incest later.

They need to learn control. They won't be at home for all that much longer. Add 5 years. The boy will be 12. Does anyone think he'll stay meekly at home wetting himself? That's assuming he still likes it. He may not.

I suspect the children will train themselves eventually, once they get some outside friends and find out what's more normal.

17 minutes ago, Bismuth said:

Your friend is a terrible parent and you should probably do something. Seven years old is way, way, way too old to not be potty trained, there's really no excuse for that. I can't be nice about this because her kids are going to suffer for her blatant neglect.

I've made comment in my original post about thinking I'm going to have to step in and help.

i do think you lost sight that I don't believe the lack of training was her intent .

18 minutes ago, ian flemming said:

I've made comment in my original post about thinking I'm going to have to step in and help.

i do think you lost sight that I don't believe the lack of training was her intent .

Intent or not, she should really know better, her kids are going to have a pretty fucked up social life thanks to her if she doesn't do something. Besides that, nobody should have to be taking care of someone else's kids, if things really are that bad it's not normal or acceptable.

17 minutes ago, OmoCommando said:

I've cleaned this thread up of the questionable comments. I think we can all agree that involving your children in your fetish is highly unacceptable. Consider that an official stance by the moderation team of Omo.org.

I think it´s less for fetishy reasons, and more for the fact that, since she can´t control her bladder and bowels, it would be hard to be an example of control.

1 hour ago, Bismuth said:

Your friend is a terrible parent and you should probably do something. Seven years old is way, way, way too old to not be potty trained, there's really no excuse for not even putting in the effort. I can't be nice about this because her kids are going to suffer for her blatant neglect.

What if said kid is potty trained, but chooses to wear diapers alongside using the toilet?

12 minutes ago, diokno44x said:

What if said kid is potty trained, but chooses to wear diapers alongside using the toilet?

Depends on the age, at some point it is  parent's job to step in and essentially say "I know better than you, you can't do things this way". Seven is way too old to not be using the toilet for any reason that is not medically related.

17 minutes ago, Bismuth said:

Depends on the age, at some point it is  parent's job to step in and essentially say "I know better than you, you can't do things this way". Seven is way too old to not be using the toilet for any reason that is not medically related.

I mean, I was personally able to wear diapers, as long as I used the toilet at least once a day. Granted, I was also heavily born premature, so maybe that affected somethings. Like, I had to have my small intestines moved into the right place and whatnot. 

14 minutes ago, diokno44x said:

I think it´s less for fetishy reasons, and more for the fact that, since she can´t control her bladder and bowels, it would be hard to be an example of control.

I'm referring specifically to the fact that you, @diokno44x , voiced that you would put your potty-trained children back into diapers. I was trying to be subtle but apparently the message did not get through to you, so I shall speak plainly.

There is no clause for placing a fully potty-trained child back into diapers beyond health reasons. I shouldn't have to explain why this is unacceptable but here we are. The child will question why all of his/her peers are not wearing diapers just like they are. Once/if it is discovered that the child in question is wearing diapers, they are likely to become the subject of ridicule, as diapers carry the cultural connotation of being unable to control one's own bodily functions, which a child should be fully capable of by the age of 8.

How you parent your children is, ultimately, your business but involving ANY child in your fetish is not only morally questionable but it will not be permitted omo.org. Any further posts of that nature will result in action against your account.

12 minutes ago, OmoCommando said:

I'm referring specifically to the fact that you, @diokno44x , voiced that you would put your potty-trained children back into diapers. I was trying to be subtle but apparently the message did not get through to you, so I shall speak plainly.

There is no clause for placing a fully potty-trained child back into diapers beyond health reasons. I shouldn't have to explain why this is unacceptable but here we are. The child will question why all of his/her peers are not wearing diapers just like they are. Once/if it is discovered that the child in question is wearing diapers, they are likely to become the subject of ridicule, as diapers carry the cultural connotation of being unable to control one's own bodily functions, which a child should be fully capable of by the age of 8.

How you parent your children is, ultimately, your business but involving ANY child in your fetish is not only morally questionable but it will not be permitted omo.org. Any further posts of that nature will result in action against your account.

Sorry. I basically meant I would let my child do what they wished when they were old enough to choose, and support them. If they wanted to be babied at home or whatever, I would support them in this. Granted, I´m only nineteen, and single. 

20 minutes ago, diokno44x said:

I mean, I was personally able to wear diapers, as long as I used the toilet at least once a day. Granted, I was also heavily born premature, so maybe that affected somethings. Like, I had to have my small intestines moved into the right place and whatnot. 

That sounds terrible. I'm no doctor, so I have no idea if that did anything but I'd imagine it could have.

Edited by Bismuth (see edit history)
17 minutes ago, OmoCommando said:

Plus, my answer was based off my own experiences. Now, it may have been the fact I was born premature, like extremely premature, three months I´ve been told, and thus was in diapers for a good chunk of my early pre-k and elementary school life, up till the summer after 2nd grade. I was more or less potty trained, yet I rarely used the toilet outside of my house. 

12 minutes ago, Bismuth said:

That sounds terrible. I'm no doctor, so I have no idea if that did anything, but I'd imagine it could have.

Probably. Eh, I think my mom enjoyed having me as her baby for a little while longer, cause she well, she suffered from kidney failure when I was eight. So I guess she wanted to make up the time we had together. Plus I also apparently suffered from some...all, enupresis and encopresis, according to some old medical reports of mine I found, at that age, mostly when unfamilair with the bathrooms in an area. It took me a week to even try and use the toilets at the YMCA. Normally I would use my diaper, or find somewhere else to go, like a trashcan if I was desperate. I also had to go to physical therapy for my legs

Special cases like Diok's birth aside, there is no reason those kids should be in diapers. We all agree on that, so I need to ask then... Why is the mother not capable or willing to potty train? That seems highly suspect that someone who is incontinent would just never bother to ask a friend to toilet train for them. Or why being incontinent stops her from at least explaining the mechanics through cultural osmosis. I assume the kids know she wears? That response of "not being the example" isn't valid. I never had to watch someone go. I don't know anyone who ever had to watch someone use the toilet to figure it out. I don't know if it's just my skeptical nature not buying this story or this woman may have some other issues going on that are only manifesting themselves this way.