Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Best pull up diapers for males?

I'm looking into buying some new diapers for me here soon and I was wanting some consensus on some good ones to try! I've only tried pull on diapers so far and honestly that seems like my best bet. I've looked at the tabbed ones and it looks like it'd be kinda hard to put on by myself(especially if i've been drinking some :p). I'm looking for ones that will hold quite  a bit and that have large sizes. The issues I had with my last diapers was that when I would pee unaroused it would just flood the front padding and start seeping at the leg holes (regardless of lying down or not). You see I'm a grower, not a shower and so that's been an issue with most diapers and I'm honestly not sure if there is a fix to that :(

Either way I'm really interested in some suggestions! Thanks in advance!

so i picked up some abri-form l4's i think. I guess they're like m4s but for fat guys like me. Kinda anxious about the tape on thing. Never tried it before... My only experience with tape-on was when I was a CNA and helped put the shitty tape on diapers at the nursing home ( I was terrible at making them fit snugly, mainly for at night). Any advice on how  I can make these fit snug without assistance? Thanks in advance!

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83448-How-to-Put-On-a-Diaper

That's the post that I used to learn both the standing and lying down positions for changing. Basically, the two front tapes should be facing down while the bottom tapes face up. Also, at least for the diapers I use which are prevail breezers because I can't afford anything else, I generally like the bottom tapes to be loose while having the top be snug. Really though, you have to find your own fit that is most conferable for you. Don't worry if you have to readjust it a couple of times. As long as the tape isn't crap, you can redo the tapes as many times as you like.

• 1 month later...

I have never got on well with pull ups - they never seem to hold enough and leak so easily at the leg openings - and waist at well if lying down.

My view on tabs is that they mean I can have very cost-effective diapers that are secure and hold well enough to let me lead a busy life confidently, but tabs are awkward and getting the fastening right takes time.

The nappies I really favour at the velcro fastening ones with a waistband. Several firms do these now and they are easy to put on, hold well and the reusable fastenings make mid-wear readjustment easy - also for guys  the front drops so you can use a urinal or pee in the woods if you want to.