Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bladder infection

well I had one this year which was hell. It burns like fire when you pee . Honestly they say it can come from sex but I'm still a virgin, but I do use vibrators, so if you use toys clean them after every use with antibacterial soap. I got medication from a doctor but mostly drink water and pee whenever you feel even the smallest amount, the more you hold it the more pain there will be.

I have been holding my pee for longer than I should for years and it has never caused me a bladder infection. I had one when I was younger (around 16 I think, long before I got into this), and one more recently. So I definitely don't think that 'holding it' causes a bladder infection as long as you drink enough. That and pee after you have sex - at least that is what they tell in school. But it is pretty hard not to pee after sex anyway.

Sometimes a bladder infection will just go away. But often you get a course of antibiotics and that usually heals it pretty quickly. And in the meantime you have to drink lots and pee whenever you feel a small urge.

• 4 months later...

I already had alot bladder infection... first time i was around 7-8 years old... i had big infection, i need antibiotics and my infection coming back and i had to do some exam like X ray and echo,,, when i had this i was need to pee each 5 minutes and it's was really painfull

I had another few years ago.. i was in hospital and it,s was my last day there and i feel pain while pee so i told that to doctor and of course that was bladder infection

But the last time i had it's was year ago... it's was pain on the left side of my belly and my back... i had this pain for about 1 year... sometime this pain appear for few day and disappear for few week but reappear for another few day or week... so i was bored with this pain and i go to hospital.. i had to make urine exam... i never think that could be bladder infection because it's wasn't hurt when i peed and i dont go often too... but when doctor had result he told me i have a big infection

So now i have this pain on my left side... i dont know if that could be bladder infection again...:ehh:

I got one once, though it was entirely the result of my own idiocy. I had been playing with a water balloon inflating device while in the bathtub and my twisted 14 year old mind got the idea that if I inserted it into my urethra, relaxed my bladder, and pumped in that I would be able to fill my bladder up just like a balloon. This worked, and I played with being able to fill and refill my bladder, but the next day while I was at school I started having to pee really often and halfway through the day there was blood in my urine and I knew I had done something dumb. Went to the doctor and got antibiotics. Never again. 

So other than not doing incredibly dumb self-experiments like I did, I'd say everyone else has good advice. Pee after sex and stay hydrated. If you get one, cranberry juice can help, but if it persists, go to a doctor for antibiotics. 

On 7/17/2017 at 11:10 PM, miss_mimi said:

I already had alot bladder infection... first time i was around 7-8 years old... i had big infection, i need antibiotics and my infection coming back and i had to do some exam like X ray and echo,,, when i had this i was need to pee each 5 minutes and it's was really painfull

I had another few years ago.. i was in hospital and it,s was my last day there and i feel pain while pee so i told that to doctor and of course that was bladder infection

But the last time i had it's was year ago... it's was pain on the left side of my belly and my back... i had this pain for about 1 year... sometime this pain appear for few day and disappear for few week but reappear for another few day or week... so i was bored with this pain and i go to hospital.. i had to make urine exam... i never think that could be bladder infection because it's wasn't hurt when i peed and i dont go often too... but when doctor had result he told me i have a big infection

So now i have this pain on my left side... i dont know if that could be bladder infection again...:ehh:

The pain on the left side shouldnt be connected to your bladder, i think something else is wrong

Edited by Brittanybunny (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Brittanybunny said:

The pain on the left side shouldnt be connected to your bladder, i think something else is wrong

dont know but once when i had this pain i had blood in my urine and doctor told me i have a big bladder infection... now the pain is gone but sometime it's appearing and disappearing just like this...