Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

"Maybe the food cart lady can help," Nina suggested. "I think I'll go look for her." The other two nodded as she backtracked to her friends' compartment. The cart had just made its way there as she approached.

"Excuse me, have you seen...a toad?"

"No, can't say I have," said the lady, looking a little confused.

"Well my friend lost his pet and I'm helping him find it. We think he may have gotten in the engineer's cab, and were wondering if you had access to there."

"Oh," said the lady. "No, sorry, I don't. But would you like something to eat?" She asked, clearly bored of this conversation and not exactly jumping to help. Nina peered through the compartment door and saw Sybill holding up a Sickle, offering to pay.

"Uh, sure, I'll just have a Popping Malt." She said, before turning on her heel and walking to the bathrooms at the back of the train. Nina pressed her legs together as she did so, remembering her need for the toilet.

When she got there, she saw a sign hung on the door stating that the toilet was be out of order. At first, Nina wondered how a toilet in the magic world could possibly be out of order, befor seeing the reddish smoke seeping out of the bottom of the door. She tried the door, but it was locked.

What should Nina do?

A. Try to unlock the door using a spell (Charms = 12, -1)

B. See if the food cart lady has the key (Confidence = 17)

C. Try to steal the key from the food cart lady (Resourcefulness = 5, +2; Dexterity = 8, -2)

D. Blast open the door (Offensive Spells = 10)

E. Check to see if anyone is in the men's bathroom (Observation = 4, +6)

F. Ask someone what happened

G.

(Tip: Just because something succeeds, doesn't mean it was a good choice or that there won't be negative consequences! Decisions should not only be based on skill, but also how logical the decision is.)

Edited by pumpkin juice (see edit history)

E) What is the big thing here? If there is nobody inside, why shouldn't we go? Womens bathroom is out of order, they have to use the mens one.
Happens in real life.
And I guess there is a stall with a door in the toilet, we can shut the door behind us. Even if someone enters the bathroom after us, he won't see us naked.
(Only if we would use the urinal, which is kind of an interesting thought... *g*)

23 hours ago, Nikeryda said:

I meant something more like this.  

Current Stats

Observation: 6 

Speech: 4 

Resourcefulness: 2

Speed: -2

Dexterity: -2

Knowledge: 4

Flying: -3

Charms: -1

But the way you did it is good.  

(Sorry if I'm seeming picky or anything I don't mean to sound that way.  Can't wait for the next part!

I considered doing something like that, but I don't want to be adding unnecessary filler. Especially since the "What should Nina do?" takes up a large portion of the space.

Nina pressed her legs together a little, before turning and knocking on the nearest compartment door. She let herself in and was greeted with the sight of four Slytherins.

"Um..do you guys know what happened in the girls' bathroom?" Nina asked.

"People keep asking us that! We aren't really sure. We reckon it was a Weasley prank. Nauseous Firecrackers, maybe." Seeing the confused look on her face, the Slytherin boy continued. "They produce a gas that's hard to see through and makes you sick."

"Right," Nina replied. "Is there any way to...combat it?" 

"Listen, we aren't the ones to ask. You'll just have to hold it until we get to Hogwarts." He said dismissively.

What should Nina do?

A. Try to unlock the door using a spell (Charms = 12, -1)

B. See if the food cart lady has the key (Confidence = 17, -1)

C. Try to steal the key from the food cart lady (Resourcefulness = 5, +2; Dexterity = 8, -3)

D. Blast open the door (Offensive Spells = 10)

E. Check to see if anyone is in the men's bathroom (Observation = 4, +6)

F. Convince the Slytherins to help (Confidence = 13, -1)

G. Push the Slytherins to answer her question about the gas (Speech = 9, +4)

H.

(I've tweaked the perks a bit, because they were very uneven. They are now:

Observation +6

Speech +4

Resourcefulness +2

Confidence -1

Dexterity -3

Speed -5

I did this because, before, the positive perks totaled to 12 and the negatives to only 4. So I tweaked the negatives a bit.)

Edited by pumpkin juice (see edit history)