Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How MBTI Personality Types Affect Desperation

Guest Seeker

For anyone that's familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality types, I thought it would be a good discussion to talk about how one's type would affect how they might act when desperate to pee. Here are some examples I've thought about:

ISFPs are often very shy and might not ask for permission in class.

ISTJ/ESTJ would take more precaution to avoid desperate situations, and do not enjoy not being in control.

ESFJs are very vocal and distressed when desperate.

ISFJs are also distressed, but still often shy.

Intuitive types might be more likely to neglect their physical needs.

INFJ here. I've been interested in desp&wetting since childhood.

I guess one has to be open-minded and curious about like anything, experimenting type.

Both intorverts and extroverts can develop this fetish, as introverts pay much attention to themselves, thus they tend to enjoy experimenting and finding their own limits. Extroverts, on the other hand like to express themselves more to the public, so for them wetting can be a fun and entertaining way to be noticed, and to be in the center of attention.

On 2/12/2017 at 2:43 AM, Ninji said:

I remember easier because I remember being either Applejack or Trixie. The Executive or the Commander. Because my sensing/intuitive score is always like 51%-49%

139961__safe_artist-colon-autumnalone_apple+bloom_applejack_big+macintosh_cheerilee_fluttershy_pinkie+pie_princess+celestia_princess+luna_rainbow+dash_.jpg

Obligatory adorable ponies.

I think my task priority is very unconventional, and bathroom needs isn't the only thing I forget about for hours when working.

I don't agree with a lot of this chart (about half).

Also, I'm an INFP and I'm extremely cautious about pretty much everything.

A couple rules of thumb when dealing with the MBTI: 1) introverted does not mean shy, and 2) feeling is NOT the same thing as emotion.

Edited by Dynamic (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 4:08 AM, Dynamic said:

I don't agree with a lot of this chart (about half).

Also, I'm an INFP and I'm extremely cautious about pretty much everything.

A couple rules of thumb when dealing with the MBTI: 1) introverted does not mean shy, and 2) feeling is NOT the same thing as emotion.

Well I don't know about that chart too much. However I'm only 2% difference from ESTJ and ENTJ, and those are two radically different personalities, so it's worth a shot to try and make sense of the dynamics.

I'm an INTJ. I find it a bit embarrassing to have to ask permission to go to the toilet or letting others know that I need to pee. At high school I never asked permission to go in class even if I was bursting, I'd always prefer to sit there quietly and hold on until I had chance to relieve myself.

When I've worked in shops as a cashier or sales assistant I'd always try to make sure that I peed during break times as I found it really embarrassing to have to ask a colleague to cover for me while I had a toilet break, although I'd drink so much water during my shift that on many occasions I was so desperate that I just had to give in and ask permission. Pretty sure I was usually blushing red with embarrassment especially when my female supervisor would tease me by saying no and making me wait a bit longer! I would always do my best to hide how badly I had to go in front of customers and colleagues, even if I was at the point where I was wanting to fidget around and dance on the spot. I remember a couple of times when I was so desperate that while chatting to the customers that I couldn't help but let on that I was bursting to go. One woman was really sympathetic, asking me how long I still had to hold on for and how unfair it was that I had to wait to be relieved, which left me blushing like mad!

I work in an office now and as I drink loads of tea I usually end up bursting to go while stuck in a long meeting or conference call. I'll always try to hang on until it ends but sometimes they overrun so I'll have to duck out to go and relieve myself, but will never let people know where I'm going as I still find it embarrassing.

15 hours ago, Ninji said:

Well I don't know about that chart too much. However I'm only 2% difference from ESTJ and ENTJ, and those are two radically different personalities, so it's worth a shot to try and make sense of the dynamics.

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about the ENTJ type yet, but from what I understand they are actually pretty similar.  Both are Te dominant with inferior Fi.  I also have some pretty close numbers, so I understand the self-identity struggle quite well.

As for the chart, I think some of it is spot on (ie Pinkie, AJ) and some of it is way off (ie Twilight, Rarity).  I think if we are going by type descriptions a lot of it may make sense, but type descriptions can be a crutch.  The theory behind the MBTI is quite deep.

14 hours ago, Despguy123 said:

I'm an INTJ. I find it a bit embarrassing to have to ask permission to go to the toilet or letting others know that I need to pee. At high school I never asked permission to go in class even if I was bursting, I'd always prefer to sit there quietly and hold on until I had chance to relieve myself.

It's important to remember that the MBTI doesn't measure shyness.  I know a lot of people conflate shyness with introversion, but they are not the same thing (as feeling isn't the same thing as emotion, as I noted before).  At least not in the Jungian sense.

6 hours ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

could anyone recommend a good primer on the theories underlying the MBTI and Jungian psychology in general?

Unfortunately I don't know of any one really good primer.  I've put together my own understanding of the theory by watching many videos and reading many websites and forums, and am still in the process of putting it all together.

However, a good starting place would be to learn about the cognitive functions as outlined by Jung, as that's what the MBTI is based upon.  You can read about them on Wikipedia, but I don't think that article is very friendly to the casual reader.  Here's a link anyway.

I am an INFP, and I have been into holding for as long as I can remember.  I am also a longtime lurker here.  It took me a good couple years to have the desire to get an account.  And no, it wasn't shyness....  I'm behind a computer screen and no one has a clue who I am.  Also, several people I know in real life have me pegged as an extrovert; if someone gets me talking about stuff that MATTERS, I can talk for a long time.

As for how I think about holding....  I know that I'm into this, so that makes me hyper-aware of my needs.  That is, unless I'm in public or I am really, truly engrossed in something.  It kind of sucks, because it makes me think too much about needing to go, causing me to try too hard to hold it in (which doesn't help at all).  I basically have 2 modes of holding.  When I overthink, I just try to clench whatever and I end up clenching my abs as well.  But when I really focus on it and ONLY use my pelvic floor muscles, I can hold much better.

With regard to "shyness," I have very little.  If I need to pee and it's bad enough that it's an issue, I will tell them what's up and go.  Bodily functions are a fact of life, and if they have a problem with that, well, they probably couldn't be my friend anyway.  When I get desperate, I just jiggle my legs and that's about it.  But when I get REALLY desperate, walking usually helps me.  Only if I'm to the point of spurting will I grab myself.  Not sure exactly why I don't want to before then, but I don't.  Maybe it feels like cheating?  I'm honestly not sure.

I have been desperate at work many times.  Usually I go because I don't want the distraction, but sometimes....  Black pants hide urine pretty well.  Sometimes I'd wait until I had leaked a little and then go.

Here's another good Myers-Briggs site that I haven't seen anyone mention here.

I will add as an ENTJ I thrive in the energy of socially awkward situations.

When I have something embarrassing to say it's loud, confident and to the whole audience. I kinda throw out my hands and grin when I don't think explaining myself is very necessary or effective. I smile and laugh when I can, but I'll switch to very straight and blunt if if I have to.

Ever sense I was a kid I had a sort of fetish towards people who are actually shy. I was like this my first years of school, but in all seriousness it got beat out of me, I learned that if you don't got confidence, fake it, because people prey after any kind of weakness. But yeah, I noticed shy kids got this most compassionate attention, and teachers where only ever mean to me. I wanted to be a good kid, but my bombastic nature didn't let me.

I'll never have a true accident either, because if it hurts enough I'm just going to take the shit for it, and bathroom use is the first thing in the morning, or before any kind of deticated task. If it hurts enough it's going to be arousing anyway. I got a huge bladder, and I can get some pretty intense pain from it.