Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Sooo I thought about something today when I was peeing at a urinal. 

Us males are just assumed to not wipe. Hence being given the option to have urinals where toilet paper isn't there. I use them all the time and a few quick flicks and away it goes haha. Sorry for being crude.

Now lets face it, those little flicks never dry you properly! Well not completely.

Now women are just assumed to wipe! I mean if a girl told you she didn't wipe after peeing a lot of people would respond "Ewwww dirty!!"

Now here's my thought. A girl doing it once can't surely get as dirty as a guy that pisses 5 times in a day and not once dries with toilet paper haha?

Any girls here ever been capable of drip drying enough to feel clean or does it just not happen? I'm really curious as to just how dry you can get shaking. It must be hard to do but is it even possible? 

I'm not a girl, but based on what some of my friends have said about peeing outside I have sort of an idea. One of my friends told another to shake her butt up and down to drip dry when peeing outside.

AFAB person here: generally, when I pee, the flow has a tendency to hit my labia, and spread slightly, so wiping is preferable, but I could go without in a pinch. Sometimes, though, especially after shaving the general area, it will spread A LOT. I have been known to pee on my own buttcheeks, while sitting on a toilet. Which makes wiping an absolute necessity!
So basically, labia makes things...interesting.

Wiping is a little more essential for female hygiene because, without being too graphic, there are more crevices to breed bacteria. The whole area is quite damp as it is with sweat, secretion, what have you. Leaving the moisture there constantly is a breeding ground for bacteria and infection. (the more bacteria the more stank, it's simply unclean). Letting bacteria fester also leaves us open for rashes, fungal growth (think like jock itch) and UTI's galore thanks to our lovely 'open floor plan'. It's not a double standard, it's just science.  

Edited by buggy2013 (see edit history)

We actually ragged on a friend of mine a lot when admitted to "dapping" which was using some TP to soak up any residue after peeing, and he claimed it would wick the rest out of the urethra. We all gave him hell for it until we tried it, and I got to say I haven't had another instance of that errant drip that always makes its way out. I go commando because of the climate, and more often than not I had it travel down my leg. 

If you're a guy or have similar plumbing, and have the chance too, I 100% recommend "dapping". 

4 hours ago, gtg2468 said:

Not to sound gross but I often don't wipe and I guess I'm so used to it I stopped noticing   I pee on the run at work and I pee outside a lot and am usually trying to rush and not get caught. So I go give my girl parts a quick squeeze when done then hurry on. 

So does that not cause any nastiness? Surely it does? or is it not as bad as people think? 

44 minutes ago, DaGhost520 said:

We actually ragged on a friend of mine a lot when admitted to "dapping" which was using some TP to soak up any residue after peeing, and he claimed it would wick the rest out of the urethra. We all gave him hell for it until we tried it, and I got to say I haven't had another instance of that errant drip that always makes its way out. I go commando because of the climate, and more often than not I had it travel down my leg. 

If you're a guy or have similar plumbing, and have the chance too, I 100% recommend "dapping". 

It does work and it works well although its not always easiest specially when you can just quickly go to the urinal instead

Of the women I've seen pee, there's no set rule.  Some always keep tissue with them for hiking pees (which sometimes amounts to getting out of a car and 10 meters up a trail), some stay dry by holding their lips apart, some get dry by pinching their lips together and some don't do anything about drying.  Can't say as I could tell any difference in odor or rashes.  But I've seen fewer than 15 women pee, so can't guess statistics or what else they may do.

Let us not forget our ancestors all got along without bathroom tissue for many centuries.

I have peed and not wiped loads in my life and never had a problem. Just do a decent hard shake and it'll be alright. I mean your panties smell a bit more at the end of the day but who cares about that!

As for hygene I have done whole days of peeing through the same pair of panties. It's dirty and smells pissy but I had a good warm shower at the end of the day and it never caused me any problems!

I think a lot depends on how hydrated you are. I always drink loads so my pee is very very dilute and very rarely smells strongly :)

When urinating outdoors, far from conventional bathroom facilities, this can be an issue for both sexes if the urine stream goes anywhere except where it's intended to. This can be a bigger problem for females simply because unless they grow up in rural environments they are likely to not be familiar with proper technique, and even then it's not a certainty. That said, the information is out there on the net; YouTube videos, wiki-how articles, and so on.

From a position of possible disease spread and hygienic safeguards against it, though, both sexes are on equal footing. Soap and water are your good friends so spend plenty of time with them, and never contaminate your water supply; always establish your latrine at least 100 feet away from your water source, and if you can go further away by all means do so. Building them too close means you pay for convenience now with cholera or dysentery later.

...I might have gone into survivalist mode at the end there. And the beginning. Sorry for the topic divergence.

Decided to see today how bad it gets through the day if I pretend I am a girl who doesn't wipe. I can't shake aggressively or wipe with paper. So far pretty pissy haha. I have peed 4 times so far and each time has left a little wet patch in my boxers. I imagine it to be worse if it's panties held pretty tight against your private area and the same bit getting pissy each time rather than in different spots in boxers!