Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The Lucis Conundrum ~ A FFXV Fanfiction

Let's first take a small detour before we hit the road with this one, as there is one thing I'd like to adress before we get started with the story. So who here remebers the ending to FFXIII Lightning Returns, where *SPOILERS AHEAD* she steps off the train into a modern looking world, with what appears to be plains and a car driving by? I do, and for those of you who arn't the big nerd that I am, you may not already know that FFXV was supposed to be a Nova Crystalis game when it was first thought of in 2006. Yes, I said "2006" as in about 10 years ago. Back then, FFXV was known as "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" and was going to be, as I've said before, a Final Fantasy that takes place in the Nova Crystalis world, aka that of FFXIII. FFXV is no longer connected to FFXIII though, but I write this fanfic with the idea that it somewhat is, maybe I've twisted this in my own mind somewhat too much, but to make this story work, I'm retying the threads between FFXV and FFXIII to add in a certain special someone to my fanfic, and you may already know who she is.

With that out of the way, I do bid you to enjoy the chapter and leave a comment with your thoughts.

Chapter 1: Before the Storm

It wasn't very long after King Regis CXIII of Lucis agreed to sign the peace treaty with the Empire of Niflheim, ruled by Emperor Iedolas Aldercept, that the Empire played a deadly hand on Lucis, successfully manipulating the entire nation of Lucis into it's foul trap. The day of the signing, Niflheim struck the final blow it needed to take Lucis, and with it, the all powerful Crystal that Lucis protected. This is where our story begins, with a group of four girls from Regis's Kingsglaive just before the Siege of Insomnia, before the fall of the great capital of Lucis, the day of the signing.

It was a regular day, all except for the big thing going on at the Citadel this evening, the signing of the peace treaty that would finally end this useless war between the great kingdom of Lucis, and the great Empire of Niflheim. Or at least that's what Helena thought, a young member of the King's Kingsglaive, granted the special powers of the King, by the King. She walked over to her friend Alissia, who was on the couch trying to get some rest before the big night.

Helena walked up, the question dragging on her mind "You think they're really going to go through with this? Seems a little strange to just cut all tensions with Lucis and offer to sign a peace treaty... Don'tcha think?" Alissia couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong either, it all felt so weird. "Let's hope they do, otherwise we're sorta... screwed. Now can a girl get her sleep?" Alissia leans back on the couch as she says this, putting her hands behind her head in an attempt to take a nap. Helena stepped away, being the good friend she was, to try and allow her friend to get some well needed rest, being that it was going to be a long and uneasy night.

Just then, Yuri walks in the door, and sits down on the couch next to Alissia, who shot straight up and looked at her with a tired gaze. "Really Yuri? Can I not just take a nap?" She'd sight. "Guess not." She got up and headed over to the restroom. Yuri just looked at her with a confused stare, since she didn't understand why her friend was all so grumpy all the sudden.

Helena looked over. "It's the King, he's signing a peace treaty with the Niffs tonight." Yuri looked at her. "What!? The Niffs want a peace treaty with us and the King is giving it to them!? That's crazy, Helena. You and me both know it, those Niffs don't want anything more than our land and stuff." Helena nodded. "Yeah. Seems strange that the king would just *Sign* a peace treaty with the guys who have been our #1 enemy for so many years now... then again, we weren't at the battle earlier this week. Rumor has it that the Niffs just up and left for no real reason. Maybe they're using it as an excuse to say 'See? We want peace too!' which we all know is a load of bull."

Just then, Alissia came back from the restroom with the same tired look in her eyes. "Talking about the treaty again? Somehow I knew that would be the first topic of discussion with you too. You should wait until our 'Guest' comes over." Yuri looked over. "What guest? No one told us about any guest."

Alissia shot back a quick response. "Some gal with a noticeably different hair color and a strange sword. Needed a place to stay for the night and the guys up top decided we're the hosts. Gotta be someone special if they're making us play host, right?" Helena looked at the door, then at Alissia. "Yeah, guess you're right. When is she arriving, again?" Alissia checked her smartphone. "Oh, 'bout an hour from now, I think is safe to say." Yuri nodded her head.

The 3 girls talked about the treaty for a bit, until the doorbell rang. "I'll get it" Helena got up to get the door. She was in for quite the pleasant surprise when she opened the door to see a woman at the door, with a strange blade sheathed at her side and rose colored hair. "Staying the night, are you?" The woman replied. "Yeah, I guess you can say that." Helena let her in, closing the door behind her.

Yuri got up first, looking at the strange woman. "Sooo... What's your name again?" The woman simply looked in Yuri's eyes for a split second before she spoke. "Call me Lightning, or Light for short." Something in Alissia's head clicked when she heard that, but she couldn't figure out exactly what it was she was remembering... was it a lecture from her high school history class? Maybe it was the fact that Lightning was probably named after the energy that comes from clouds during thunderstorms, lightning. "Nice to meet 'ya, Light." Alissia had shrugged off her last thoughts and decided to greet her. 

Lightning looked around the room. "Cheeky. I told you my name, but you haven't told me yours yet. Care to share?" The 3 girls looked at eachother. Helena spoke first. "I'm Helena, and this is-" Helena was cut off by Yuri, who abruptly came in "I'm Yuri! Nice to meet you, Lightning!" Alissia spoke last, introducing herself. "I'm Alissia. How's it goin'?" Lightning walked over to the small chair next to the couch and sat down, looking around the apartment. "So, is there a bed somewhere for me to sleep in, or am I sleeping on the floor tonight?" Helena got up, pointing to the door leading to a private room. "You can sleep there, you'll probably need the privacy, since they're supposed to be serving drinks at the party tonight and they're letting the Kingsglaive have a few drinks during the celebrations" She'd chuckle. 

Lightning would simply look over to the room, getting up. "Alright then. I guess I should get settled in."  Alissia got up and grabbed the remote to turn on the TV, sitting back down. "Yup, no need to delay, huh? No.. big peace treaty celebrations or anything like that to worry about, haha."  She leaneed back on the couch.

Lightning walked over and went into the room. It wasn't much, but it was a lot nicer than the Leville she stayed at in Lestallum, with a modern style and a great view of the city from the high rise. She noticed a small desk and a few drawers for any clothes she might have brought, which she didn't, and her bed, located in the back of the room. She got her small box, probably containing a necklace or piece of jewelry of sorts, from her pocket and set it down on the shelf next to her bed. On the front it was labeled with "Serah"

Helena sat down on the couch alongside her friends to watch some TV while they waited for the initial celebrations to begin, Helena deciding to put it out there one more time... "Tonight's the big night, guys. Let's not forget our uniforms, we're going to want to look nice for the occasion!

Edited by Qrogan
Accidentally entered it only one paragraph in, had to go in and finish it up so I wasn't giving anyone unfinished content. (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

The second chapter is at last out here to your guys, I'm sorry about the wait, but I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Chapter 2: The Siege of Insomnia

After a few hours had passed, and it was almost about noon. Lightning had gone over to the 3 other girls to try and find something to do in the meantime while she stayed in Insomnia. She didn't speak much about herself, or anything about her personal life. Yuri hadn't gotten very far on getting to know Lightning, but she gave it her all. "So, Light, what was your life like as a kid?" Lightning looked at her. "None of your business. I hardly know you as it is." Lightning always came with this odd sense of foreignness, she didn't seem to be from Eos. 

Lightning didn't want to give away her own personal details. Especially in a world as foreign to her as this one, where she couldn't even figure out friend from foe. She had stayed in Tenebrae for a chance to meet the Oracle, Lunafreya Nox Fleuret. She never did get to meet the Oracle though, as Lunafreya departed from Tenebrae for Altissia or something before she could get a reservation to meet her. It was a strange new world for her, and she had no idea what to do in it. She had heard of the daemons that come out at night, and they sounded awfully familiar to the monsters she fought in her old world, before defeating Bhunivelze and being sent to a new world on-board a train. When she had stepped out, she had no idea where she was. She practically hitchhiked her way to Tenebrae after learning how to from a fellow passenger. Basically, she didn't want to get herself killed in this new world by being too generous with what she knew.

After a few more minutes of discussion, Alissia gave the notification it was time to go after checking her phone. "Hey, guys! We should hit the road before we're late, it's already 6:30, and it's getting dark out." It had seemed like an eternity, but it was finally time to hit the road and head to the Citadel for the celebrations of the signing. Everyone got their uniforms on, except for Lightning, who didn't have one. Helena got up first, getting her coat on and tossing Yuri's coat to her. Lightning hadn't brought one for whatever reason, even though it was supposed to be somewhat cold outside the Citadel. The Citadel itself was heated due to Regis' special ring, which he used to create the Wall of Lucis and more practically to heat the Citadel, in which he lived. It was the only place in the world that heated itself without a heater of any sort, so it was always about 60-70 degrees (Fahrenheit) there.

Kingsglaive were provided with a fairly decent car, it wasn't the fanciest but it worked better than a lot of cars outside Insomnia. They all got in and were soon on their way to the Citadel to attend the celebrations. Alissia took the wheel, and she always had this thing for pushing the limits of the car to see just how fast they could go without being caught, and this time she got the car all the way past 80 MPH on the road, a good cruising speed if there were no cars on the road, which there weren't. They were at the Citadel in about 15 minutes. 

They pulled in, and parked. Lightning was the first one out, followed by the other girls. Helena stretched, and took a look around. They didn't know it yet, but it would be the last time they saw Insomnia in it's full glory. "Nice city you've got here. Have any of you seen Gralea? I've heard it's like the factorized equivalent, and a lot less impressive, but I'd still like to see it sometime, maybe after the treaty is signed." Yuri let out a sigh. "Yeah, it'd be nice to visit all the big cities outside of Lucis, like Altissia, and Gralea." They all pretty much agreed that they were going to go see the big cities after the celebrations that night.

They walked in. Lightning parted ways with the 3 Kingsglaive girls, and went to go enjoy the rest of the celebrations that day. "Well, you girls have fun, c'ya around I guess." Lightning departed with that. Helena walked up the the Kingsglaive commander. Something about the party seemed... off. She reached the commander's post to realize he wasn't there. She didn't know anything about what was to come that night, and neither did anyone else at the celebrations except for those involved.

Some time passed, and suddenly there was a loud crash. The Wall was crumbling before their very eyes, and panic broke out. Smoke bombs exploded and Imperial forces stormed the great city. "W-what the hell!?" cried out a confused Yuri. No one understood what was happening until it was too late. They navigated the smoke until the found eachother, and got out of the Citadel as quickly as possible, so they could organize a defense of some sort. They got outside and found Lightning fending off some Imperial MTs with nothing but a blade and some wicked skills. They got in to fight and soon realized that their powers were gone. They couldn't teleport or anything. They decided to fight anyways, just without warping and such. 

Lightning's blade cut through the Imperial troops like butter as she dodged all the Imperial shots with extreme finesse. Helena shouted out. "Light! We gotta get 'outta here, staying is only going to get us all killed!" Lightning finished off another MT and sheathed her blade, taking note of the 3 girls again. "You again? Thought you had like, special powers or something?" Alissia let out a slightly panicked expression. "Well... you see, they're gone. We can't use 'em for whatever reason." Lightning turned around and warped to another Imperial troop who had waited for his friends to be slaughtered before moving forward, like an idiot. The other 3 girls all stared in awe, then realized something was different about it. The warp Lightning had done left a pink residue, almost like the petals of a flower, the same color as her hair. It was different from the others.

Long story short, Lightning came back and realized the look of awe on the other girl's faces before realized she had warped with the powers she still had from when she was the Savior all so long ago... and now all 3 of them knew she had those powers, but they didn't know from where she got them or why she had them. "Okay... what the hell? How'd you even DO that?" Yuri stepped back cautiously. Lightning practically punched herself in the face at this point, since she had no idea how to explain what they had just saw. She was still wearing her Guardian Corps outfit for whatever reason, and she had her Blazefire saber with her. "Look, I'll explain everything once we're out of this smoke." 

The four girls all marched out of the smoke and to a spot where they could think clearly. The sun was setting now, and Imperial dreadnoughts could be seen on the horizon, growing ever closer to the once great city of Insomnia. They all sat down and looked at the Citadel. "Light, you have some explaining to do... we're all in the dark here." Helena was very confused at this rate, so she said this sternly, almost in an agitated manner. Lightning looked at them all. "Okay, so... how do I start this? I'm not from here."

Lightning recollected her thoughts. "I come from another world, which is joined with this one in a system of worlds known as Nova Crystallis. On my World, there were a few different "gods", and at the top was Bhunivelze. I've met at least 3 of them, and he was one of them. Did I forget to mention they all died? Anyways.. The first one I met was Pulse. I didn't have a good time with him from the start. I had... a sister. Her name was Serah. She was a Pulse L'cie. When she completed her focus, or objective, she was frozen in crystal for eternal slumber. I couldn't take that as an answer, and I went to confront Pulse. It turned into a fight, and in the end, Pulse branded me and my band of "friends" as it's L'cie. L'cie are the servants of Pulse. They do as their god tells them to in the form of focuses, which arn't just given like a normal objective. If you complete it, you're granted 'eternal life', and if you don't, you're turned into an abomination." She paused.

Lightning looked back to the Citadel, then at the girls. She would explain to the girls her journeys as a L'cie, and all the good and bad times they had. "After that, and we had saved Cocoon, Serah and Snow were to be married. If I remember correctly, I think I said yes, but before we could go through the celebrations, I was sucked down into Valhalla, the realm of Etro. Etro was the goddess of the dead, and she kept the Chaos at bay. I was to be her new protector, and I have no idea why she chose me, but I had no other choice so I took the job. She also had this big thing with oracles, or people who could predict the future and change upcoming events. After one of them dies, and I'm about to have a final fight with Caius, who was dead set on killing Etro, but I send a Moogle Serah's way. After this, Serah goes through time to change events and figure out where I am. In the end, she was killed by the Oracle's fate."  She paused again.

Lightning looked at the 3 girls. They still didn't understand. Lightning continued with the last part of the story. "So, after this, the gates of Valhalla are opened and the world is thrown into chaos. I go into eternal slumber, only to be woken by Bhunivelze, who offers to bring my sister back if I play as his puppet. I agreed, for my sister's sake." She would go on to explain her adventures as the Savior up to this point.

The other 3 girls would have a little understanding of who Lightning was now, and were less creeped out, but still it was hard for them to accept all of it. It was a lot to take in. Helena had been burning to ask a question, and when Lightning finished speaking, she asked it almost right away. "So, do you think you would be able to share those powers, like Regis did for us before?" Lightning looked at her. "Well... they weren't made with sharing in mind... but I'll see what I can do..." She'd think for a moment. "I think I can... but there's a--" There was a huge blast. Night had come before they knew it, and those terrible weapons had appeared. The building they were in was hit hard, and was crumbling to the floor. Lightning warped out, grabbing the other 3 girls with her as she went. What she didn't remember is that the 3 girls didn't know how to land without breaking all their bones, and she quickly warped to the ground with them in tow. The only problem she encountered was that she took most of the damage in their stead.

A large steel beam came crashing down on her, and the other 3 girls scrambled to get it off her after they got up. Lightning had taken the hit hard. Lightning got up quickly, then looked down. Her face turned the color of her hair, as she looked down in demise. "Gods, no! Not now, of all places!" The steel beam hadn't punctured her, but it did land right on her bladder. An unfortunate turn of events. She was sitting there infront of 3 girls she hardly knew having an accident. Lightning usually had a bladder of steel, she almost never had to go. She sat there for a good 2 minutes as the other 3 girls stared in surprise. She was still wetting herself for about a minute after that 2 minutes. She hadn't gone since she departed Tenebrae.

Yuri simply stood there for a moment, then she tried to lighten the mood. "Geez, lady! You really had to go, didn't you?" Lightning decided it was best not to explode at this rate, and looked up at her. "Not that bad, usually I spend like 6 minutes when I REALLY have to go!" She'd chuckle, then she'd laugh. It was the first time she had laughed in ages. It was the first time she had ever shown any emotion in ages. She had finished at this rate, and she was just sitting there in a puddle of her own urine. She felt relieved somewhat, but she couldn't figure out exactly how she felt anymore. Part of her felt relieved, another part felt comfortable, another felt embarrassed, and another felt very naughty.

"You still wanna know what the price is?" Lightning got up, her Guardian corps uniform practically soaked. Alissia jumped in. "Yeah, still curious, Light." Lightning looked at the mess she had made. "Well, you're lookin' at it. You wanna share my power, you gotta give up your continence. That's the only way. I think I've already given up mine just trying to save you lot!" She smiled for a moment, it was funny. She had just wet herself and now in order to share her powers she had to make the rest of them do it too.

"You serious right now?" Helena asked with a look of concern on her face. Lightning shook her head yes. "Yeah, I'm serious." Alissia made her decision. "Then I guess I'll have to wet myself sometime tonight." The other 2 girls agreed on this, and they all allowed Lightning to share her powers with them. It wasn't a hard process, it was just a touch, and a few words of apology from Lightning for what was to come that night.

The siege continued all night. All the sudden, the stone statues of the kings of yore come to life, and start leaping into action. The Old Wall was being put to the test. "Damn! Look at 'em go!" Yuri pointed out. Lightning looked at them. "Huh. Never knew this place even had a wall made out of live metal kings..." They moved to the Citadel. At the Citadel parking lot, they found their car, still perfectly intact. Next to it was a beefed up off-roader. It was either the road car or the all terrain off roader. They decided to take both for the time being. Helena drove the off-roader while Alissia drove the normal car.

They sped out of the city as quickly as possible. The sky was lit with the fires of Imperial dreadnoughts falling and the fireworks of the massive daemons, with an occasional piece of the Old Wall leaping into action. They got out of the city, and passed the checkpoint heading into Leide. The sun was finally coming up, and over the horizon the smoke from Insomnia could be seen slightly as it calmed down to nothing.

Helena was driving behind Alissia when all the sudden, she lost control of herself in the car. One moment she was dry, the second she was pulling over calling for the others to wait because she had a wet seat all the sudden. Lightning, who was riding with Helena, looked at her. " Just keep going. It's supposed to rain soon anyways. No one will tell the difference if your uniform is soaking wet with your own pee or rain. And trust me when I say the rain will clean the seats for you." Helena looked at Lightning, and gave a smile. "I might actually start liking this deal, if I can get over how disgusting it is!" She'd laugh, and continue driving as the rain started to come down. They came to a stop at Hammerhead, where they parked their cars and asked Cindy to fix up the off-roader with the car's specs.

Cindy looked at them for a moment. "Now wait a 'sec. Don't you come from Insomnia?" Helena looked at the others. "Yeah. We do. We were Kingsglaive... but well, the whole city was sieged. The Niffs probably have the Crystal, and the ring. But could you just fix up the off-roader please?" Cindy looked at them. "It'll cost ya'll." Lightning dropped a large bag of gil. "That's about 10,000 gil in there. Is that enough?" Cindy nodded her head, and took the jeep in the garage with the other car and began to fix it up. 

Now all there was to do was wait for the repairs to finish. Then they saw the strangest thing. A Regalia zooming past towards Insomnia with 4 dudes in the car. The couldn't pick up what was said though.

On 1/28/2017 at 1:41 AM, LivingInfinite said:

Your story gave me a funny idea, hope you don't mind if I post it in here! Looking forward to more of your stuff.

equilibrium.jpg

gg.. and somehow, you guessed it. Just SOMEHOW, you guessed it. And apparently I'm gonna have to up the prescription so she doesn't leak that bad when someone knocks hear down and breaks her sword. I think those "leak-bloc" sides didn't do a good job in that image, don't you think?

Next chapter coming soon, this definitely is along the lines of what I was thinking.  But in this story she's in her Guardian Corps uniform, not her savior stuff, so it'd be of a lower grade. Definitely not immortal god grade, and apparently even that level of diaper wasn't enough for her... Hmmm.. Ah! Teheee!!! I just got an ideaaaa!!! ;)

Edited by Qrogan (see edit history)

P.S. ~ I got stayed up sorta late, and I debated on whether I should just get some sleep but I decided against it, since usually my mind flows better at night. Either way, Chapter 3 is here -hope you enjoy! 

Chapter 3: A Man of No Consequence?

The girls decided to hang around Hammerhead for a while longer, to wait and see if that strange car would reappear. Surely enough, about an hour later, the car came back. It pulled into Hammerhead and parked at the gas station. The off-roader wasn't going to be ready to roll for another 20 minutes or so, so they decided to listen in. Lightning pointed out the names of the figures.

"The one with the black hair? That's the Prince. News says he's dead, but that's definitely him. The blond dude is Prompto, the buff guy is Gladiolus-" She cut off there, remembering Snow. She thought about how Gladio had reminded her a lot of Snow. "Anyways, the other guy, with the suit? That's Ignis." 

The other 3 looked at the men in astonishment. Helena looked at Noctis for a split second, looking back to Lightning. "So.. one of them is the prince and the other 3 are the bodyguard? And they're like.. friends?"

Lightning looked at the group. "Yeah. Until I saw them, I didn't you you could be friends with your own bodyguard..."  Alissa peeked at the car.

"Holy cow! That's a Regalia! Like, the classic Regalia! No way the Prince is driving one of those around here!" Earlier, the 3 had purchased a pack of diapers to hold them off until they could get to Altissa, where they might find some actual brand names, which were known to be much better than the cheaper stuff -So it was no surprise when Yuri felt herself losing control already. She didn't want to make it public, so she remained chill about it; there wasn't any leakage so it wasn't a problem.

About 20 minutes after the boys had arrived, they were off. Cindy went into the garage and got the Audi out. It looked different though. On the wheels, the tires were somewhat thicker and said something along the lines of "off roader", and the car itself didn't have a lot of physical changes, except the car was a bright white. Lightning guessed it meant that the car would stay true to where it's driver took it, no matter the distance and no matter where. Cindy stepped out of the car. She said something along the lines of "The car's ready", the actual wording made Alissia's head spin.

Yuri gave the car a once-over. "It definitely looks like something new. I like it!" She had already gotten used to the idea of being in the wet diaper until she could get to a restroom, and she assumed there would be on at Galdin Quay. They'd make a stop at Longwythe Rest Point, named after Longwythe Peak.

They hit the road around 11 A.M, saying their goodbyes and starting the engine. There were no speed limits outside Insomnia, so they took the car to full speed. The hood was down, since the car was convertible. Lightning was looking off to the side at Longwythe Peak, with a look of interest on her face. The peak seemed odd to her, like it was a shell of something much larger. About a minute later, they arrived. They stopped at the Crow's Nest for a bite and headed back off for the next part of the trip. Travel outside of Insomnia was relatively quick, never taking over half an hour on the road unless you were really slow and stopped a lot. 

There wasn't much side chatter in the car, since Helena was busy driving. Yuri and Alissia had never seen Liede before, and Lightning hardly spoke, most likely because she was Lightning. Although she did shift around a little, and gave a discomforted look about halfway through the trip. Yuri assumed she wasn't the only one wanting a restroom at this point.

They parked their car at Galdin Quay. Helena got out first, and made sure to lock the doors. Lightning took a look at the shoreline. "We'll stay here for the night. Not much to worry about in the way of time." They headed for the caravan on the shoreline, they were much too poor to stay on deck. 10,000 gil was a hefty price, and it just wasn't worth it.

Before they could reach the caravan, they were stopped by a strange man. He donned a long coat and wore a scarf that hung down the back of his coat, although it didn't actually wrap around his neck. It was odd clothing for such a warm day. He had an odd hair color too, much like Lightning's, except darker. It was more of a mix between violet and crimson than it was a rose color.

The man stopped them, and Lightning got a good look at his amber eyes. Whoever he was, Lightning didn't like him. Nor did the other 3 girls.

Lightning looked at her companions. "I don't like the looks of this guy. Do you?" The other 3 nodded "no" in response. He unsettled all of them.

Ardyn, on the other hand, saw the four. He read straight through their plight. It would be boring to leave it as it was, but he was definitely not giving away his name. He'd go about it much like he did with Prince Noctis, and he was fairly confident in that strategy. He watched them discuss something, as he leaned against the caravan. He stared Lightning straight in the eyes. He learned her secrets, and when he did, he simply shook his head in confusion. He didn't let it deter him though.

Alissia stepped up first. Lighting stopped her though, saying it would be unwise to approach him alone. She was right about that much, he didn't seem like the kind of person you would want to mess with. He was civil, but at the same time something told Lightning that he wasn't exactly your normal dude. He was much darker, and she couldn't figure out the why of it.

The man made the first move. He approached the girls. "You're taking the boats to Altissa? I hate to inform you, fine ladies, but the boats are on hold. They aren't coming for another week or so. I hope you packed enough for a week or so of waiting, that is a lot of money to be paying for food and such." Helena looked over to Yuri, who's face went from her normal somewhat cheery face to downright frightened. The way he had said "packed"- nay, the fact he brought it up at all rang alarms all over. It wasn't every day some random guy started talking to you about packing things and expenses.

Helena tried her best to stay chill, although inside she was probably the most confused and the most panicked a person could possibly be. Lighting maintained her posture, though.Lightning looked the man straight in the eyes.  "What do you know?"

Ardyn had a few tricks up his sleeve. He decided to turn things around. "What haven't you told them, fine young lady?" He hit the sweetspot. The other 3 girls had looked over to Lightning almost instantly with a look of confusion. 

Lightning knew what she hadn't told them. She hadn't told them what her true name was, or what she actually was before her adventures had began. She had tried to forget about it. It wasn't a pleasant memory, and she knew she should've been a better sister, but it didn't strike her until after she had gotten to know Snow a little better -after her fateful adventures. What was funny was: Lightning could hardly remember her true name. It was like a long lost echo of the past.

"I've told them everything, but what are you hiding?" Lightning fixated her stare on the man.

Ardyn decided he'd help them out, and he dragged a small crate from behind him. He had summoned it without their knowing, after he had diverted their attention to one another rather than him. He pushed it beside him. "A little something to help you on your journey." He then grabbed a small coin from his pocket, placing it on the crate. He had quite enjoyed the boy's reaction to this, and he was interested in how the girls would respond to the coin. "Consider it your.. allowance."

Yuri spoke up, deciding that she needed to play a part as well. "And who.. pray tell, is allowing us?" The man looked at the girls, and shrugged. "A man of no consequence." He walked past them, and walked to his car. He drove off, leaving the four girls to wonder what the coin was and what was in the crate.

Alissa and Helena walked up to the crate, looking at the coin. Lightning came up and picked it up, looking at it. "I can't make out what it is. I'd keep it though, it may be important. Maybe someone else knows what it is."  Yuri came up, and ran her hand along the crate. "How about we pop it open, see what's inside?"  She found the latch, and lifted the top of the crate.

They all jumped back when they saw what was in the box. Diapers. No ordinary ones either. On the top of the stack, there was a note. It read: "Better than what that Bhunivelze creep would've given you. Way better. Enjoy! ~ A man of no consequence" Lightning read the note. She was thoroughly disturbed now, she knew that whoever that man was, he was no ordinary man, one.  Two, he knew her secrets inside and out. It was almost like he read right through here. She looked at the diapers. On the front, and on the back, they were labeled with "No consequence" as if they were invincible or something.

Lightning blushed, and looked down at the crate. "Cheeky." Yuri stretched out her arms, and looked down at them. "Very unsettling! I don't know about you but I think some guy just gave us a pack of diapers... that are our size, nonetheless..." It was strange. They were their size, which was conveniently only one size.

There was another note stuck to the side of the crate, where you wouldn't usually look. It read: "Look down at the bottom, I got you some new clothes to go with the diapers. It's a perfect fit, and definitely smells a lot better than the piss soaked clothes you're probably wearing. ~ A man of no consequence." Lightning had Alissa help her get the crate inside. Helena and Yuri volunteered to do the digging, and surely enough, at the bottom was 4 outfits, exactly their size, even labeled with names. All but Lightning's.

Helena pointed this out. "What's the one that says 'Claire' on it?" Lightning jumped at the mere mention of her name. "Wait what?" She leaned over and surely enough, there was an outfit labeled "Claire, the Savior." She got it out and it was the Equilibrium that she had worn on her last chapter in her world. It was an exact replica, yet something felt off about it. She noticed it was darker and was made out of a more rubber like substance. There was a note attached to it. "Leakproof. Without the asterisk. ~ A man of no consequence"

Lightning was starting to despise this "man of no consequence" already. He had mocked not only her, but her friends as well. She realized as she thought about it she mentioned 'friends', and realized she hadn't had anyone to call a 'friend' for a very long time. It was relieving to have someone she could call a 'friend', and then she came to the conclusion that when you head off to a new world, you must get a clean slate of sorts. It was the only explanation.

Lightning had no choice but to explain the situation to her friends, since that 'man' had left her no choice, apparently. "It's my actual name, I go by Lightning though. No one really calls me by that name anymore. I couldn't tell you why off the top of my head." 

The other 3 girls had gotten something much better than some normal Kingsglaive attire. It was much like Kingsglaive attire, but instead of black, it was white. The outline was silver, as if the whole outfit was meant to be bright and pure. Each set, including Lightning's, came with an instruction manual on how to use it in combat and such, since they were designed for quick and easy changing in combat, but like they would need to do that. Lightning tossed hers, since she already knew the ins and outs of her outfit, since it was almost an exact replica of the armor she had worn as the Savior, AKA Bhunivelze's lapdog. Helena, Alissa, and Yuri spent a few minutes reading up on how theirs worked. It was fairly simple.

The coat itself folded up, and allowed the wearer to simply open it up, take out the old diaper, and apply a clean diaper and close it back up. From the outfit, you would never guess the wearer would be wearing diapers, so the outfit was very effective in hiding the fact that it was made for them. (Ardyn) had been very clever about the makings of the outfit, so that no one would be picking on them for wearing diapers. He had decided only he could do that.

They all got changed into the new outfits and diapers, assuming it was better to put on the new stuff that was supposedly "better" than to stick with the old stuff. Lightning and Yuri needed to change anyways, and Helena decided she might as well use the old one first, mainly so it didn't go to waste. Alissia was still weirded out by the idea, and she remained dry pretty much the entire way after they had initially hit the road.

Helena shifted around in her new outfit. "I got this caravan for the next week, so we should be able to wait for the ferry. We'll do what we will do when we reach Altissia. Until then, who wants to see how long these will last?"

Lightning couldn't remain silent forever, and she would have to warm up eventually, so she decided to start now. "Well, I guess I should. Just to see if he was actually right about it being better than what Bhunivelze provided. He wasn't fond on the idea of restrooms, and I didn't have a lot of time to waste in one." 

Alissia sat down on the couch in the caravan. "Then it's agreed! We're gonna see how long these things hold!" Yuri didn't say anything, but she nodded "yes" in response.

Helena started cooking some food for dinner, and as she turned on the stove, she made a final statement on the matter. "Now we wait a week for the ferry to get here! I'm sure there's plenty of things we can do in the meantime."

Yuri nodded her head. "Yeah, like fishing!"

Lightning agreed on the idea of fishing the next morning, since she had never been fishing. This came as a surprise to Yuri, but maybe that's just because Yuri is really big on fishing. Helena finished dinner a few minutes later, and they all sat down outside to eat.

Helena had gotten some canned soda to go with the food she had prepared. She decided to go with some simple hamburgers that night. "Cheers! To a week of vacation!" They all raised their cans, and in that moment, the girls were probably the most like family they had ever been. 

7 hours ago, LivingInfinite said:

Good chapter, looking forward to seeing where it's going. Is this like Equilibrium+?

I guess you can say that. I'd like to consider it more of an Equilibrium MK II though, since it's probably 10x better than what you would normally have if you just added a + to it in the world of Final Fantasy, where adding a plus just makes it 50% better than it was before. This is more of a complete overhaul that maintains the same style but in the end is very different from it's older counterpart.

P.S. - Did you paint/draw the pictures? They're really good! (From an artist's perspective, me being the person that fails at drawing people every day of my life...) 

23 hours ago, LivingInfinite said:

Oh, thanks! I did paint that, yeah. I have a few threads in the art section!

I suppose then I am free to paint Equilibrium+ with some (but perhaps less) leakage.

You could also try to paint the kingsglaive uniforms I thought up of (in the latest chapter). I can't really draw that stuff but it's easy for me to think it up in my head. Although not everything I think up in my head is the same thing others see when they read it, so I guess getting feedback on what it appears to you in your mind gives me an idea of what it actually looks like when others read it. Not to mention it sort of sets the whole idea for other people if they are lost.

I don't mean to force you to, it's just a suggestion. I'm too poor to pay for commissions, so if you're not willing to do it, you certainly don't have to.

P.S. - I'm having a change up of style with this one, and I think it's to go for an effect of desperation maybe. I've been too forwarding with the way I write this, when I think about it.

I have been reading a few other fanfics for my own leisure, and to help me with my own. Something I've been noticing is how there's usually more emotion and more of a fit when something happens in most cases. I want character growth, but I need to start at the beginning. I like to think of Lightning as a developed character, but something in me says she's too boring at the moment. Basically - All the characters are getting a changeup in style starting here. I'll get back to where I once was eventually, but I want to show noticeable growth, and the only way I can do that is to start at the beginning.

If you don't like this, just say so. I won't be offended. It is a sudden twist and that can disrupt the flow. It's just something I've noticed I've been doing recently, and I think it's high-time I changed it so it isn't so in-your-face and simplistic. I can understand why you might not like it, but in the long run, from here on out, I am going for a twist in my writing style.

I'm not completely sure who I'm offending and not offending by doing this, but I'm also going to include mild profanity. If that offends you and you don't want to read this anymore, don't. I won't stop you. I'm just putting it out there that this is what I will be doing from this point forward and that I think in the long run it'll be a better writing for it. Anyways, let's get on with the chapter, shall we?

Chapter 4: Ardyn

Two days had passed since they first started staying. The "man of no consequence" hasn't showed up since he left, and there's been no sign of him coming back. The crate of diapers and uniforms still weighs heavy on their minds. It's not every day a stranger leaves a crate from thin air containing diapers and uniforms designed exclusively for them. Lightning was getting curious about the news that had been coming out recently, for example how the Imperial Chancellor was all the sudden in Imperial-occupied Lucis (AKA home of Insomnia), and the Empire was on a wild chase for the Prince, who was pronounced dead, and now he's alive again? Then there's the storms in Duscae and the murder of the Archeon by a group of teenagers.

"Screw Altissia, I'm curious about this. This seems real odd, and I want to know the truth behind it." Lightning got up out of her seat in mild annoyance, after having read the news articles for the last two days with nothing better to do. Yuri remained silent, and she hadn't sat since they had arrived. Neither had any of the other girls, except for Lightning, who didn't seem to care, or she did and she was just putting up with it.

Alissia broke the silence. "Well, when you put it like that, Light..." She was cut off by the faint warmth coming from her crotch and the sudden relief of her bladder. She hadn't realized it until mere seconds ago when she started saying it, but she went from not caring to spewing forth a flood. Luckily, it didn't leak. In fact, it wasn't even close to leaking. It creeped her out.

"Ah, shit!" She blushed a bright red once she realized she was standing right in front of both Lightning and Helena, and remembered what she had done.. Yuri was on the dock now, she was standing, looking out to the sea. Alissia, having worn the same diaper for two days now, was feeling pretty disgusted. It wasn't like it wasn't fun, but it was disgusting, and overall embarrassing. Here she was, about 19, wearing diapers like a little baby.

No one ever mentioned it to Lightning, but the Kingsglaive had also issued diapers out to it's members after a few different mishaps. The saddest part was, only the girls had to wear them. It was stupid, but their Captain had said it was for the better, as it costed less than replacing the entire uniform and, in his words: "It not only holds your piss, it holds the last, GODDAMN SHRED of your dignity." It was the most embarrassing orders ever given in all of time, it felt like. Here they were, over the age of 18, actual adults, being ordered to wear diapers. Not just pull ups, either. Diapers. Now it was coming back to Helena's mind, and it was haunting her. She couldn't get over the fact that she had to wear diapers before, and here she was actually trying to find some enjoyment from it.

Although they all tried to find enjoyment from it, the vibe died off after it's initial uncovering. It was odd now, and they had to get used to it. Lightning was like a mentor in this endeavour, for whatever reason, Helena seemed to have this feeling it wasn't the first time Lightning had to go full out in diapers. She seemed very familiar with the very different outfit she had, as if she had worn it before.

Yuri came back from the dock. "Ships are closed indefinitely." Everyone looked at her for a second.

Lightning perked up. "Finally, an excuse to go figure out what all this bullshit is about!" 

Yuri tilted her head. "Wait, what?" 

Lightning explained all the different news stories she had been reading in the past two days. It caught Yuri's interest fairly quickly. Alissia came out of the caravan.

"Then I guess it's decided? We're heading out at noon." She had been getting herself a snack, since she was somewhat hungry. She had gotten something for the other three as well.

"For the road?" Alissa perked up a bit, and fixed her posture.

"Sure." Yuri took one, Lightning and Helena following soon thereafter.

They hit the road at 11:45, and were heading for Lestallum. It was the last known location of the mysterious group of teenagers. When they all sat down, Alissia recoiled.

"Oh, fuck! Oh.. oh, wow. Okay, this is... odd." Alissia hadn't ever sat in her mess before. She didn't know whether to like it or not. Before she got situated though, she grabbed herself to try and keep herself in control. A sudden pain had reached her, and there was no stopping what was to come. She lost control of her bladder first, letting it soak into the still dry-on-the-outside diaper she was wearing. She didn't understand how such a thing was possible. Then, if it was bad enough having one load of her own shit on her ass, she was getting a second. It came out without her even knowing. When she sat down again, it spread up against her. She let it all soak in, but she looked at the other girls who were laughing at her.

"N-o... not funny.. NOT FUNNY PEOPLE!" She stammered as she said this, her face red with emotion. Her shouting had only attracted more attention though. Everyone stopped laughing. Everyone was staring at Alissa, who was sitting in the back with her head somewhat down. Lightning gave a little hug to try and make her feel better. It had been the first hug she'd given since Serah. It felt nice to actually care about someone.

Yuri took the wheel this time, stating that she needed to learn how to drive anyways. It wasn't a scary ride, but it could've been better. Lightning just guessed she was more accustomed to riding chocobos. Alissia was still in the back of the car sobbing. It wouldn't've been so bad if she had just kept it restrained to within the car, but instead she shouted and let the whole world know: "Hey everyone! I'm a big baby, I just used my pants instead of the toilet!"

Helena sat in the front with Yuri. She looked out the window. Eventually, an Imperial dropship came up upon the road. Helena stared at it, hoping it wouldn't drop soldiers on the road. To their demise, it did. Helena froze, staring at the troops as they emotionlessly jumped off the ramp and onto the road. It was as if they didn't care if they lived or died, like they didn't even have a soul. She wondered what those troops had to have gone through to be that rough. They were rougher than even Lightning, who was a battle-hardened soldier.

Helena didn't even realize what she was doing until the transport flew off. She felt a wetness on her crotch and looked down. The entire front of her diaper was soaked.

"Oh hell.. Not now. Not when I have to-" Lightning put her hand over Helena's mouth.

"Silence. We might be able to get out of this without violence." Lightning spoke in a calm, controlled manner. It was as if there was nothing wrong in the whole wide world.

The Imperial troops walked up. Another transport. This time, it was red. It raised some questions. Soon, the red transport arrived and opened the ramp. Inside was one person. A woman, no older than Lightning with white hair. Not the old person white either, just a pure white. She jumped down gracefully from the ramp, and on her back she bore a huge lance. She wore a helmet, which she had put on before she jumped. Lightning only saw the hair because she put it on right before jumping.

She approached the group calmy. "You wouldn't have happened to see a group of teenage boys around, would you?"

Aranea looked over to the other side of the car, where she saw one of the girls in the car sobbing. "Okay then... is there a reason she's crying?" She pointed out Alissia, who was still sobbing.

Alissia looked up at Aranea not knowing what was going on. When she saw her, she flipped out.

"NO!! GO AWAY, IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!" Again, she was shouting. This diverted the soldier's attention from the trunk of the car (they were looking for potential contraband) to her. Lightning had to cover Alissa's mouth. Yuri was going through her wallet looking for something in order to find a way out of this mess, so she didn't say anything.

"It's... difficult to explain." Lighting pulled a cute smile and tried not to blush. She didn't know why the Imperials were asking about it or why there were concerned, but she didn't feel like explaining the whole story to them. They might arrest them. That would be bad, since they didn't have time to spend in a jail cell.

Aranea looked away, blushing. She hadn't realized it, but she hadn't changed before she left. She started to leak a bit, with her dark dragoon mail, it was hard to see any form of accident. She got lucky, and she muttered. "Goddamnit." She knew she needed to get a new diaper on herself, ever since she had clashed with Noctis. It had happened last night, and it didn't look pretty for her. She ended up dropping a log in her mail and spending the whole morning cleaning it out. That was hours ago, and she regretted not changing sooner. She had ordered some heavy duty somethings to get her by until the doctors could get it fixed, but that wouldn't have stopped a flood. Noctis's engine blade had ripped right through her mail. It didn't make sense.

From no where, another car came up from the Disk. It was a red convertible with two white stripes down the middle. In the car, the same man who had greeted them at Galdin Quay could be seen in the car, driving up. He pulled over behind the Audi-off-roader.

"Aranea, my dear, you can take your troops and yourself away from the scene. It concerns only me and them." The man seemed to have a position of power to Aranea.

Lightning complimented the name, waving farewell. Yuri looked up and gasped. Helena was still shell-shocked from the initial transport a few minutes ago. Alissia continued to sob, as the Imperial troops flew away. The man leaned up against the car, looking at Alissia.

"Oh, my poor, poor dear." He stroked Alissia on the cheeks.

Alissia looked up, and held back a scream. Lightning gripped for her Blazefire saber, keeping the blade on her at all times. The man simply wagged his finger.

"No no now. We can't have violence here! I'm but a simple man, what have I done to you other than help you?" He looked at Lightning dead in the eye.

"What the hell do you want with us now?" Lightning stilled gripped her saber, and scanned her surroundings.

The man stopped leaning on the car. "I haven't given you a proper introduction." Everyone started at him. Alissia was trying to calm down, but her mess was still warm from earlier. It was hard not to just slunk back and cry herself to sleep like a baby. She might as well have been one, she couldn't even control herself. She had to use a diaper just to maintain any shred of dignity. It wasn't a surprise that he had said this, but it was a surprise he was even willing to give one.

Ardyn thought about it for a moment. "You might already know me. My name is Ardyn. Ardyn Izunia, at your service."

Lightning's mind went into instant red alert. Izunia? Ardyn Izunia?? That's the Imperial Chancellor.

"You're.. you're the imperial chancellor! The hell do you want from us!?!" Lightning had her hand on the grip of her saber. She was ready for a fight.

Ardyn shrugged. "Just stocking your supplies. Checking up on my friends." With that, he was off. 

On 2/9/2017 at 4:06 AM, LivingInfinite said:

I strongly approve of the situation involving Aranea Highwind, and I'm a big fan of her design. That's certainly something I might paint at some point. I also like very much that you ramped up the emotion in response to the accidents, also. Good work, looking forward to more!

I knew it was a problem some time back, but I hadn't actually thought of a way to fix it until around the time I typed this latest chapter up. It's hard for me to single out any one person in my stories, which is why they're revolved arounds groups of people instead of just one poor person. A group of unfortunate people is easier for me to write with for whatever reason. Maybe it's because I grew up around games that involved groups of people, like the Final Fantasy series and Valkyria Chronicles (Which I might attempt again at one point or another. It was my first fanfic and I haven't tried to do it again in a very long time.) 

With Aranea, I wanted to get creative. I've done the whole wound thing before, but this time I made it different. It's not like the past ones. It might be something I'll explain in chapters 5 or 6, if she comes back up again. I didn't want the main group of people I'm writing about to be the only victims, and my Ardyn cards are far from gone. (Not all of them are just from him, tehee.) I have an idea of how this story is going to run, and I'm going to try and let it run that way. With that, I'm off for some time. I'll be back on to make the next chapter before next week is over, though. It's almost done. I just need to work on a few more basic ideas and figure out how I'm going to write it.

P.S. - I'm the type of person that allows the story to just sort of flow through my mind to the screen, so it's hard for me to do drafts. I instead spend most of my time on the key themes and topics of the chapter, such as (for example) "Do I want Character A to have a romance with Character B or do I want Character C to hate Character A for whatever reason?" and once I've established those basics, I let the details fill themselves out. The basic premises though, they take time, which is why there's still a time gap between chapters.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry for the long wait. Last week was semi-stressful and so is this week. A ton of stuff needs done, and I'm trying to fit this in as I go. Anyways, moving forward... 

Chapter 5: Noctis

After the Imperial Chancellor drove away in his car, and the Imperial transports were out of sight, Yuri traded Lightning seats. Lightning put the key in the ignition, and turned on the car. It started quickly. The sun was already lowering over the horizon, and a cold front was approaching.

Light pressed on the gas and started moving the car. She knew it was getting cold, so out of kindness, she asked, "Anyone feel like needing a heater?"

No response from anyone in the car. Lightning pulled over at the nearest rest stop, just outside Lestallum. "C'mon, Alissia. Stop sobbing and let's get this fixed." Helena led her out of the car and to the rest stop restroom. They came back out in about 5-7 minutes, and Alissa's face was much less red and more lively. 

"Better?" Yuri looked over to Alissa, who had stopped sobbing. 

"Better!" she exclaimed. Alissia felt much better now that she didn't feel like a complete and utter failure, although in a way she still felt as though she was, because everyone else had the same problem, yet she was the only one who backed down. Lightning started the car back up and headed for Lestallum.

They stopped and fueled up the car for gas, then parked it in the Lestallum parking lot. The sun had come down, and now it wasn't safe to be driving around at night. Lestallum had enough light to keep the daemons at bay though, so no one worried about it. 

Lightning thought for a second. "Let's split up, meet back at the hotel before midnight. Ask around and see if anyone has any idea what's going on with all the crazy news reports, maybe they know something we don't." Everyone else didn't argue the instructions, it was late and there wasn't anything bad that could possibly happen to them while they were split up. 

A few hours of asking around passed, then midnight came. Everyone met back up at the hotel, and sat down just outside next to the water fountain. The moon was high and proud in the sky, and a cold chill spread through the air, as the cold front got closer. They talked a little bit about what they had learned. Nothing too new, all the same reports, with a little more detail but no idea what was actually going on. 

Alissia thought for a second. "Someone mentioned... what was his name again? Noctis? Yeah, someone mentioned this Noctis guy, said he was with three other dudes. Said he had one helluva car, some sorta Regalia." No one could piece it together until Lightning practically had a lightbulb come up over her head.

"Ah ha! Noctis, that's the Crown Prince of Lucis! That would explain a lot of things, if he still has the same abilities his father had before him." Lightning knew she remembered the name, Noctis, but she couldn't remember exactly who he was until the Regalia was mentioned, it was a classic car he had gotten one year for his birthday.

Lightning hadn't really given it much thought until now, but she felt completely grossed out. She hadn't changed in 3 days. The challenge was starting to get old. She got up and walked over to the restroom to get changed, and she tried not to blush on her way there. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do for her, because she didn't usually wear diapers. Ever since Bhunivelze had dumped her, she didn't prefer to wear them or even use her powers, because it was a painful reminder of her past. Something she didn't want back in her life, but now, she has the other 3. They need her powers, it's how they roll, so she rolls with it.

Lightning came out 3 minutes later, and soon the other two girls succumbed to their more reasonable adult selves and changed themselves as well. It was now about 1:00 in the morning and they were the only ones still up in the entire city, it felt like. 

"Let's get some sleep. We'll talk it over come morning." Helena yawned, and stretched her legs. She instantly jumped back though, and held back a scream as the warmness spread through her crotch. She hadn't even noticed until it was too late. She felt like a complete and utter baby, but in a way she liked it. Carefree, safe from the horrors from the world. 

Suddenly, the semi-quiet revving of a car's engine could be heard in the darkness. They looked out to the road, and saw nothing pass. Lightning got up and walked over to the sidewalk, then gasped. She ran back over to the other girls, who looked at her with confusion.

"It's Noctis. I hope you all are ready for say... a royal meeting of sorts, if they talk to us." Everyone looked each other over. Were they ready to talk to Noctis about everything? It didn't seem like it. The car doors shut, and some chatter came from the car...