Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

PSA about the marshmallow trick

Hey, gross post incoming, but this is something I was never warned about. I'll put the tl;dr first: if you put marshmallows in your butt, make sure they come out of your butt on schedule.

Yesterday on impulse I bought a bag of marshmallows and poked three of them up my butt. Within half an hour, I felt the expected cramping and urgency. Instead of letting go, I clenched and held on. After a particularly strong wave, the feeling went away altogether. Suddenly, I didn't have to poop anymore. I figured the urgency would come back, but it didn't. I shrugged and carried on with cooking. 

Hours later, I took a poo before bed. It was a quantity of clear liquid (dissolved marshmallows) and some normal poop. However, last night, I had to get up twice to havesome of the most painful diarrhoea of my life. I'm pretty sure I could distinctly feel my whole large intestine inside my gut yelling at me. The only time I've ever had a more painful shit was probably after eating novelty spicy chicken wings. 

I'm back to normal now, but be safe out there. Sorry for over-sharing.

1 hour ago, rachelkirwan said:

Cinnamon sticks are ok though.... right?

Again, don't stick household items in your anus, there have been far more ER visits to remove items from it than there should be, and even 1 is too many in my opinion

I feel I'm biased in terms of giving an objective and  unoffensive opinion because I'm not into messing myself, but I've gotta say that the idea of shoving a food item, up your ass, in order to simulate or stimulate the need to defecate just sounds like the kind of thing to get people Darwin awards.

1 hour ago, Curiousanon said:

I feel I'm biased in terms of giving an objective and  unoffensive opinion because I'm not into messing myself, but I've gotta say that the idea of shoving a food item, up your ass, in order to simulate or stimulate the need to defecate just sounds like the kind of thing to get people Darwin awards.

I feel like I'm biased in terms of sticking things in my butt because I am into messing myself.

Some people in this fetish put things in their butts. Not putting things in your butt is probably nearly universally safer than putting things in your butt. Yet people continue to put things in their butts, because whatever they get out of putting things in their butt outweighs the discomfort and safety considerations. Yesterday, I put a thing in my butt, and it was extremely uncomfortable and possibly unsafe. So I figured I'd tell other people, so that they can avoid having a bad time from putting a thing in their butt.

Coming in here and throwing around huge red text and Darwin awards references isn't helpful: this thread is targeted at people who already put things in their butts. I get that you're concerned with people's safety. I get that when you come across someone who put a thing in their butt and regretted it, telling them to just not put things in their butt is such glaringly obvious common-sense advice that it's hard not to give it. But you're not going to change anyone's mind the way you're going about it, and it doesn't really contribute to the conversation. When I come across a thread about something I feel squicked out about, I just try not to pass judgement and move on.

3 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

Cinnamon sticks are ok though.... right?

Best practice is to use a paste made of powdered cinnamon, cinnamon sticks will perforate your colon like tissue paper.

Seriously though, is this a real thing I've never heard of, or are cinnamon sticks and marshmallows related because they're both good in cocoa?

37 minutes ago, supernerd222 said:

I feel like I'm biased in terms of sticking things in my butt because I am into messing myself.

Some people in this fetish put things in their butts. Not putting things in your butt is probably nearly universally safer than putting things in your butt. Yet people continue to put things in their butts, because whatever they get out of putting things in their butt outweighs the discomfort and safety considerations. Yesterday, I put a thing in my butt, and it was extremely uncomfortable and possibly unsafe. So I figured I'd tell other people, so that they can avoid having a bad time from putting a thing in their butt.

I get that you're concerned with people's safety. I get that when you come across someone who put a thing in their butt and regretted it, telling them to just not put things in their butt is such glaringly obvious common-sense advice that it's hard not to give it.

Ok I guess I was really rude about that, I didn't mean that as rude as taken. I... Well I guess I can't justify it but I've just heard absolutely ridiculous things people have put in their butts and gone to an emergency room. Also I have nothing against people putting things in their butts in general, it's more 'make sure that it is something designed to go in a butt so that you don't end up in the hospital having an [insert foreign object here] surgically removed from your anus'. And... Well I also put the 'I'm biased because I'm not into messing' part not just for objectivity but because I clicked it because I wanted to know what the 'marshmallow trick' was because (though I should've known from it being in omorashi general and not off topic) I kinda thought it was something much more innocent like how marshmallows explode in a microwave... Also stupidly I thought I needed to be really really blunt as well, moreso than I actually had to...

And again I generally feel that the one rule to follow when putting something in your butt is either A: only put things designed to go in a butt in you butt, or B: if you're going to put anything else in your butt, make sure you can then get it back out afterwords...

I apologize for being offensive

37 minutes ago, supernerd222 said:

I get that you're concerned with people's safety. I get that when you come across someone who put a thing in their butt and regretted it, telling them to just not put things in their butt is such glaringly obvious common-sense advice that it's hard not to give it.

Ok I guess I was really rude about that, I didn't mean that as rude as taken. I... Well I guess I can't justify it but I've just heard absolutely ridiculous things people have put in their butts and gone to an emergency room. Also I have nothing against people putting things in their butts in general, it's more 'make sure that it is something designed to go in a butt so that you don't end up in the hospital having an [insert foreign object here] surgically removed from your anus'. And... Well I also put the 'I'm biased because I'm not into messing' part not just for objectivity but because I clicked it because I wanted to know what the 'marshmallow trick' was because (though I should've known from it being in omorashi general and not off topic) I kinda thought it was something much more innocent like how marshmallows explode in a microwave... Also stupidly I thought I needed to be really really blunt as well, moreso than I actually had to...

And again I generally feel that the one rule to follow when putting something in your butt is either A: only put things designed to go in a butt in you butt, or B: if you're going to put anything else in your butt, make sure you can then get it back out afterwords...

1 hour ago, Curiousanon said:

I also put the 'I'm biased because I'm not into messing' part not just for objectivity but because I clicked it because I wanted to know what the 'marshmallow trick' was because (though I should've known from it being in omorashi general and not off topic) I kinda thought it was something much more innocent like how marshmallows explode in a microwave...

Apology accepted. And I feel like I should also apologize. I was a little bit hesitant about making this thread, because I don't want to disturb people. I put a few warnings in advance of the graphic part, but they clearly weren't loud enough to keep people from learning something that they didn't necessarily want to know. So I'm sorry you had to read that without knowing what you were in for.

1 hour ago, supernerd222 said:

Apology accepted. And I feel like I should also apologize. I was a little bit hesitant about making this thread, because I don't want to disturb people. I put a few warnings in advance of the graphic part, but they clearly weren't loud enough to keep people from learning something that they didn't necessarily want to know. So I'm sorry you had to read that without knowing what you were in for.

It's fine, and more in line with the spirit of this. I'm just glad your... experiment I'll call it didn't end up being a long term problem! :)

When I was nine some other kids and I realized glass thermometers and gaming  "marbles" were both smooth glass. Right away every one stuffed marbles into their rectums. Some exceptionally smooth stones also found themselves washed and put where the moon don't shine. We all got away with that repeatedly.

But years later I tried the same with aquarium marbles that retained a bit of mold flashing. That small amount of rough material resulted in pain and bleeding. 

On January 9, 2017 at 6:03 AM, Barry said:

A man reported to our local ER department complaining of bowel pain. 

They took X-Rays, and discovered he had three plastic horses inserted in his rectum. 

Doctors described his condition as "Stable."

Ill see myself out.

That reminds me of the one where the kid swallowed a bunch of coins and was rushed to the ER. The doctor said they'd hold him overnight or until he passed the coins. 

A few hours later the mom asked if her son had passed the coins.

the doctor said, "I'm sorry, no change yet."

On 1/8/2017 at 3:02 PM, supernerd222 said:

Hey, gross post incoming, but this is something I was never warned about. I'll put the tl;dr first: if you put marshmallows in your butt, make sure they come out of your butt on schedule.

Yesterday on impulse I bought a bag of marshmallows and poked three of them up my butt. Within half an hour, I felt the expected cramping and urgency. Instead of letting go, I clenched and held on. After a particularly strong wave, the feeling went away altogether. Suddenly, I didn't have to poop anymore. I figured the urgency would come back, but it didn't. I shrugged and carried on with cooking. 

Hours later, I took a poo before bed. It was a quantity of clear liquid (dissolved marshmallows) and some normal poop. However, last night, I had to get up twice to havesome of the most painful diarrhoea of my life. I'm pretty sure I could distinctly feel my whole large intestine inside my gut yelling at me. The only time I've ever had a more painful shit was probably after eating novelty spicy chicken wings. 

I'm back to normal now, but be safe out there. Sorry for over-sharing.

Thanks for the PSA. That sucks, though. That sounds terribly painful. :(

To be honest, we've done the marshmallow thing easily 20+ times with absolutely no ill-effects. You might find your underwear gets a bit stickier as residual marshmallow comes out (easily solved with a diaper), but we've never had any sort of pain. None-at-all. It could be because we've never used only 3? That's a pretty small amount, and it might have been enough to ignore the desperation and urgency (as you found out). At minimum, I think we've used 10+? I tend to start enjoying the entertainment of putting them in. In the future, if you don't end up having enough urgency to go, you may want to give yourself an enema to get rid of the marshmallows forcefully instead of letting them sit in your system. It seems like your body may cramp up with long-term exposure to glycerin/sugar.

Solutions: You could use bananas instead. Green, not-ripe-yet bananas work best. You could also choose to enjoy enemas as well. There are lots of enema solutions but salt water tends to work best for most people.

As for the other suggestions on this post about avoid any anal play, as long as it's soft and squishy and designed to come back out, it shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise people would have given up on anal sex and enemas a long time ago. :P But no, don't put anything hard and without a flared base up there. Bad idea.

I'm certainly in the "don't stick things in your rectum" camp, as I've heard the stories, and I've seen the "Untold Stories of the ER" episodes... *shiver*

On 1/8/2017 at 8:15 PM, Curiousanon said:

I think Marshmallows are fine however, as in this capacity, they're essentially just air-puffed sugar-based laxative suppositories. No, they're not explicitly "designed to go in your butt", but (no pun intended) they're reasonably similar ingredient-wise to suppositories that are, and they're being used for the same purpose. Plus, you'll have no trouble getting the dissolved sugar out of your rectum (assuming you did it because you wanted to desperately mess yourself...), and apparently even if you do hold it in (which you shouldn't...), I'm sure being forced to join the "I shat my intestines out 'cause I didn't listen to @supernerd222" club isn't that bad... ;)

Obviously, IANAD, so there may be other things I'm not considering, and FWIW, I'd never do this myself, but I think dismissing it wholesale as dangerous (thereby discouraging discussion on the matter) is the worst way to handle it.

I'm a fan of using bananas here. Personally, I've not found urgency to be an issue using just bananas. Green ones are far easier to manage, although if someone is helping you out, it shouldn't make a big difference. I'd probably try marshmallows at some point, just for curiosity's sake, but I'm satisfied so far. My only concern with them is the possibility of irritation because of the sugar in the marshmallows, something @girliegirl765 mentioned earlier, though I'd certainly follow her advice, given her experience, if/when I decide to try them out.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, girliegirl765 said:

Thanks for the PSA. That sucks, though. That sounds terribly painful. :(

To be honest, we've done the marshmallow thing easily 20+ times with absolutely no ill-effects. You might find your underwear gets a bit stickier as residual marshmallow comes out (easily solved with a diaper), but we've never had any sort of pain. None-at-all. It could be because we've never used only 3? That's a pretty small amount, and it might have been enough to ignore the desperation and urgency (as you found out). At minimum, I think we've used 10+? I tend to start enjoying the entertainment of putting them in. In the future, if you don't end up having enough urgency to go, you may want to give yourself an enema to get rid of the marshmallows forcefully instead of letting them sit in your system. It seems like your body may cramp up with long-term exposure to glycerin/sugar.

Solutions: You could use bananas instead. Green, not-ripe-yet bananas work best. You could also choose to enjoy enemas as well. There are lots of enema solutions but salt water tends to work best for most people.

As for the other suggestions on this post about avoid any anal play, as long as it's soft and squishy and designed to come back out, it shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise people would have given up on anal sex and enemas a long time ago. :P But no, don't put anything hard and without a flared base up there. Bad idea.

I've done the marshmallow thing maybe 10 times, bananas maybe another 15 or 20 times. I always used three marshmallows, and I've never had a problem until now. Of course, those other times I was unsuccessful at holding it. Ten marshmallows seems like a LOT to me, but I guess they're not that big. How do you get them to go in nicely though? After three, my butthole is a sticky sugary mess and it's hard to get more marshmallows in without them breaking apart. I've tried rinsing them to make them a bit more slippery, but same results.

25 minutes ago, supernerd222 said:

I've done the marshmallow thing maybe 10 times, bananas maybe another 15 or 20 times. I always used three marshmallows, and I've never had a problem until now. Of course, those other times I was unsuccessful at holding it. Ten marshmallows seems like a LOT to me, but I guess they're not that big. How do you get them to go in nicely though? After three, my butthole is a sticky sugary mess and it's hard to get more marshmallows in without them breaking apart. I've tried rinsing them to make them a bit more slippery, but same results.

Try freezing them. Only takes a little while, not as uncomfortable as you might think as they don't feel that cold. 

17 hours ago, supernerd222 said:

If I want to get quite a few in, I start the process by "warming up the butt" with a dildo/other anal toy. Thicker toys stretch out the muscle a bit more which makes it easier to get the marshmallows in afterwards. I keep a dish of water nearby, and I only dip the tip of the mallow into the water before pushing it in. Saturating the whole thing turns it into a horribly squishy mess. It probably also helps that I'm doing it to someone else and they're not trying to self-insert. 

If the big ones are giving you an annoying time, you can always try the little ones. Those things just pop in like "woah!" easy, but it takes a lot more of them.

As @Barry mentioned, you can go the freezing route though I'm not as fond of touching them when cold, so I can't imagine how they feel in the butt.