Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I've been a fan of Metal Gear Solid since I was a child, and by extension, a fan of most Hideo Kojima works (lead developer/writer). Well I did a quick search on this site and found no posts pertaining to his newest game, Death Stranding, which was announced at E3 2016 after Kojima established his own private studio months prior.

This is a big thing for me. Not only am I excited to watch a game from the very beginning of its development, but it's beginning to look like a total masterpiece. Starring Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen, with a possible support character being played by Guillermo del Toro. That's right, the movie dude. So that's just a little bit of information for those who may have not heard of the game. Here is the reveal trailer. It contains minor nudity.

So if you have heard of this new game, or if you decided to watch the trailer, what are your thoughts? Do you have any speculation or ideas about possible mechanics/story components?

I personally put a lot of thought into things of this nature and I find it entertaining. Also I haven't posted in a while and this was the first thing that came to mind.

That's what this post was meant for! Ideas and speculation. Also it's possible to be excited for something, but have realistic expectations. Otherwise, life is kinda dull. And yes, this is Kojima we're talking about but he's given no reason to expect disappointment. I know MGSV wasn't everything we wanted (and I did get overly hyped for it) but there's still the other games in the series which make up for it in my opinion. Yes he's pulled some crazy moves, but I can't just completely disregard this game.

Also I don't know if its what you were implying, but Kojima had nothing to do with the MGS Pachinko machines. He's never given me less than what I wanted.