Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

(False Alarm) Car Desperation

Hey! Today, I kind of had a close call. Or well, I thought I did. 

To explain; I sometimes tend to feel the intense urge to pee even when I don't really feel like it's justified, usually in a car or in a classroom, but when I stand up, I notice I wasn't even that desperate to begin with. I'd say it's probably a psychological thing, maybe something like my bladder getting paranoid when I'm in a situation where I cannot use a restroom, or some crap like that.

I thought I'd share what happened today, for those of you who would be interested in reading it. 

I had a.. meeting, we'll say, out of town, about 1 1/2 hour away from where I live. My dad was driving. 

We went there, all was well, and then we got in the car to go back.

I had not eaten or drank anything all day and also slept very poorly, so dad offered me some bananas and an energy drink. Didn't really want the bananas, but I thought "oh well" and began drinking from the energy drink. When I did, I realized I should not drink too quickly, since I had only used the bathroom once and that was before I'd left my town. So I drank very slowly. But it just happens that my stomach is quite sensitive to energy drinks, and that might have had something to do with what happened as well.

First, I started feeling a minor urge to pee, but I still kept drinking, thinking it wasn't a big deal. But it got worse... and worse. In the end, when were about half an hour away from home, I started to feel desperate. I wasn't really showing outwards signs of it, but it was uncomfortable. I felt like my bladder was really full. 

Another 15 minutes or so passed, and I was suspecting my bladder was playing tricks on me, since it has happened several times before, but I still felt a bit nervous. I had to concentrate, or I felt like I would have leaked a bit. 

When we finally got home, I exited the car, stood up and.. discovered that yes, my bladder had indeed been trolling me. I did need to pee, but not horribly much so. Which was why I was able to walk inside at a rather leisurely pace. I even cuddled my cat a bit and talked to mom before I finally went to pee.

Out of curiosity, (something I've taken to doing sometimes lately) I counted the seconds as I peed, and it lasted only for about 25-30 seconds, so it wasn't a very long pee. I definitely would have been able to hold a lot more before I'd become desperate for real. But my bladder is a troll sometimes.. Or this time, maybe the energy drink itself was entirely to blame.

Anyone else gets this feeling, by the way?

I am not used to being 'desperate' as I am not that much into holding. So yeah I do get really uncomfortable when I am in a situation where I have to pee but a toilet is not accessible, like in a car or in the classroom. I start thinking that I might not be able to make it even though I don't really have to go that bad... It's usually all just in my head. But thanks to this, I have never really had an unintentional accident in my life, atleast not one I remember.

18 hours ago, ashishgamer said:

I am not used to being 'desperate' as I am not that much into holding. So yeah I do get really uncomfortable when I am in a situation where I have to pee but a toilet is not accessible, like in a car or in the classroom. I start thinking that I might not be able to make it even though I don't really have to go that bad... It's usually all just in my head. But thanks to this, I have never really had an unintentional accident in my life, atleast not one I remember.

Lucky!

I've taken a lot of risks in my younger years, so I've had several accidents. :(

I have similar sensations with sleep urges. I think it probably has something to do with being half-asleep and waking it. It feels like a full bladder, but when I actually get to the toilet, I'm like "Man, I didn't have to really go that much".

It's frustrating because by the time I realize I didn't need to go, I'm already out of the warm cocoon. Darn you, body. :(

16 hours ago, girliegirl765 said:

I have similar sensations with sleep urges. I think it probably has something to do with being half-asleep and waking it. It feels like a full bladder, but when I actually get to the toilet, I'm like "Man, I didn't have to really go that much".

It's frustrating because by the time I realize I didn't need to go, I'm already out of the warm cocoon. Darn you, body. :(

That must suck. My sleep usually never gets interrupted by having to go. Only time it could happen is if I sleep for a really unnaturally long time. Even then, I tend to hesitate before going. 

11 hours ago, Auntie said:

That must suck. My sleep usually never gets interrupted by having to go. Only time it could happen is if I sleep for a really unnaturally long time. Even then, I tend to hesitate before going. 

Me too. I almost never get up from my sleep because I have to pee. But if I am trying to sleep, then even the slightest of urges won't let me sleep.

1 hour ago, ashishgamer said:

Me too. I almost never get up from my sleep because I have to pee. But if I am trying to sleep, then even the slightest of urges won't let me sleep.

Definitely seems to be a thing for me too. The threshold for waking up to pee seems to be much higher than the threshold for being kept awake because of my bladder.

3 hours ago, Chikita said:

I know that feeling very well. I usually get it when I know that I can't go to the bathroom in the next few minutes. It's really annoying and I always have to remind myself that I just went and that my bladder is just overly sensitive because I have the habit of peeing a few times before going on a longer trip. Sometimes, it's very hard for me to decide if I really have to go or if I'm just imagining thing.

A few months ago, I went on a train trip (maybe 2 hours, with 1 hour spend on station) and I didn't drink anything but I still had to go very soon. Maybe it was the vibration but I made it without going (I'm usually scared of someone stealing my luggage while I'm away or getting trapped and missing my stop). On the return however, I did go because I was too unconfortable and it was the right decision because I did have to go quite badly. So...I can't always be sure so I just go whenever I have the option as long as it is convenient. But sometimes my mind just plays tricks on me, especially when I'm nervous.

It's very annoying indeed!

I think it helps a lot of I just don't think about it, but once I do start thinking about it, I just can't stop. I was also telling myself during that car trip to just stop thinking about it, but it was impossible. As I've learned, it's also counterproductive to try to force thoughts away. It'll just make you think harder about it. I know that, yet I keep trying sometimes.