Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Strange request, heating water to body temperature?

I recently had an idea for a way to slowly acclimate myself to wetting, as well as just having fun with temperature (the one thing I've gotten to really enjoy in my times doing anything pee related IRL)

How would one get water to as close to body temperature (or if it is different, the temperature that urine in your bladder is) as possible?

I'm thinking that I could use it as... well for lack of a better term, training wheels for actual wetting when I put a hole in a water bottle cap and let it leak on me and get my body used to the feeling of dampening my underwear/pants or in the case of an actual hold make things all the more desperate :3.

One truly off-label use for an immersion circulator would be to keep water at human temperature. In case you are not as devoted to Top Chef as I am, an immersion circulator is a tool used in sous vide (under vacuum) cooking, wherein you put something in a plastic bag and immerse it in a water bath at a desired temperature until everything in the bag is exactly the temp you want. Where as a chef might want to warm a steak to a perfect medium rare temperature between 129 and 135 degrees Fahrenheit, you might want just a bunch of water at 98.6, which you could achieve with relatively cheap circulators (between 129 and 200$, unless on sale).

But this would be a truly extravagant way to heat water if you are not also going to reap the many rewards of cooking sous vide.

6 hours ago, ragtime said:

One truly off-label use for an immersion circulator would be to keep water at human temperature. In case you are not as devoted to Top Chef as I am, an immersion circulator is a tool used in sous vide (under vacuum) cooking, wherein you put something in a plastic bag and immerse it in a water bath at a desired temperature until everything in the bag is exactly the temp you want. Where as a chef might want to warm a steak to a perfect medium rare temperature between 129 and 135 degrees Fahrenheit, you might want just a bunch of water at 98.6, which you could achieve with relatively cheap circulators (between 129 and 200$, unless on sale).

But this would be a truly extravagant way to heat water if you are not also going to reap the many rewards of cooking sous vide.

Well I think that 129-200 dollars is most certainly out of my immediate price range, but I will take time to think about the idea of learning sous vide to do all that in the future.

8 hours ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

I did this recently in an attempt to ease a tooth ache, but putting a half-liter bottle of water that was stored at room temperature in the microwave for a minute warms it rather nicely without making it hot. Don't have a talking thermometer, so I couldn't tell you the exact temperature, but my guess would be close to body temperature.

and I'll remember this too, though actually a minute? I'm surprised

35 minutes ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

When I first thought of heating bottled water in the microwave, I was afraid 30 seconds, the shortest time I can set my family's microwave for, would make the water scalding or cause the bottle to burst. Though, considering I do 3 minutes for a block of ramen in the same amount of water, or 30 seconds for a bowl of oatmeal with a fraction that amount of water, I shouldn't have been surprised that an unopened bottle of water can be microwaved for a full minute without incident.

Ah, and I guess thinking about it scientifically too it makes sense, water has a very high heat... potential? I don't remember the phrase but basically it can take a lot of heat without increasing the temperature