Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

If you had the ability to permanently half your capacity would you?

22 minutes ago, NintendoKitten said:

Let's add something like that on for funsies. If your answer is no to the original question how much would you have to be paid (1 lump sum) to undergo something like this. Or would you still not? 

1 hour ago, DrBorderline said:

If I'm getting any sort of permanent reduction in any physical capability, it had better come with a corresponding increase somewhere else. Or a completely new ability like telepathy or something. So as it stands, nope. Not my jam.

Yknow, I'll join on this unrelated question (unrelated as in not related to the 'would you decrease your size for omo purposes)... I'm not going to give a money sum by saying that if for some reason... Well in a kind of "would you push the button" Style.

Pro: You can teleport anywhere in line of sight

Con: Your bladder shrinks to half capacity.

I'd do that trade, I mean if it becomes an issue just blink over to the nearest bathroom, and suddenly no downsides XD

15 minutes ago, Curiousanon said:

Yknow, I'll join on this unrelated question (unrelated as in not related to the 'would you decrease your size for omo purposes)... I'm not going to give a money sum by saying that if for some reason... Well in a kind of "would you push the button" Style.

I'd do that trade, I mean if it becomes an issue just blink over to the nearest bathroom, and suddenly no downsides XD

Alright I'm down.

Pro: You can immediately master any one skill.

Con:  your bladder shrinks to half capacity.

I'd do it. Not sure what skill I'd master but I'd redeem the prize at a later date.

On January 1, 2017 at 3:45 PM, DrBorderline said:

If I'm getting any sort of permanent reduction in any physical capability, it had better come with a corresponding increase somewhere else. Or a completely new ability like telepathy or something. So as it stands, nope. Not my jam.

Yeah. A lot of my life is physical capability and honestly not worth it. And anyway, I enjoy suspense. Maybe 150,000 US

Nope.

Thing is, I have a decent capacity as it is, but I'm getting older and being that I have had a child (and may have one more in the future), that issue is only going to get worse.  Halving it? Nope.  I love to wet, but I happen to like my dignity a bit more, so I would rather not embarrass myself constantly.

On January 1, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Curiousanon said:

Sure.

Pro: You can see from someone else's (real person) POV for up to 10 minutes every day

Con: Half bladder capacity

Its very likely I'd do this, I've always thought of it as an interesting concept.

If anything has the word "permanent" in it, that's an instant "nope!" I never and will never even consider doing something that would directly affect myself physically in a permanent way.

Permanent cannot be undone. It cannot be taken back. No "oopsies, that was a wrong choice!" To make a decision like that, especially one that would mix two very different parts of my life together in an inconvenient way would go against everything I stand for.

I wouldn't want to half my capacity if I were at work or anything like that because when i'm walking around work I usually want to hold as much as I can since I try to avoid trips to the restroom in public, but if I were by myself or in a holding session or vice versa I would wanna half my holding capacity to maybe give myself a challenge for holding. 

To summarize this up I would wanna be able to half my capacity when I want to but permanently halving my capacity in half I would half to say no.

If I could go back in time and be a schoolgirl instead of a frustrated transgendered boy who wanted to be a girl. I would love to pee my panties in my pleated mindress school uniform at Catholic school during prayers, while waiting for the teacher to see my hand, while waiting for another girl to return from the girls room and ESPECIALLY during my First Communion, Confirmation and as a flower girl. then in high school in miniskirts and at school dances in a beautiful gown. 

• 3 weeks later...

Having given this some further thought (and doing some ill-advised repair work in a poorly ventilated space) I have thought of a potential variation on the theme.

Ability: Physiological Shapeshifting

Pros: Volitional cell-differentiation and tissue restructuring allows for controlled transformation of physical characteristics in real-time. (Think of Alex Mercer and James Heller from Prototype 1 and 2, but less OP and without the cannibalism or zombie apocalypse.)

Cons: Accelerated metabolic demands require an increase in caloric intake and hydration to keep pace, and results in Polyuria, an increase in urine production. Bladder capacity stays the same while production increases, resulting in decreased mean time between bathroom use, so it's effectively smaller capacity. Presumably the same shapeshifting ability could be used to increase bladder size, but if using this power also increases urine production, then this strategy runs into the point of diminishing returns very quickly, making it a literal desperation maneuver to buy just enough time to get to a bathroom.

I would definitely consider this possibility carefully if it was an option, though even in this case I can't say that it would be an easy or quick yes. Speaking in practical terms, it won't take people very long to figure out who is a shapeshifter if that shapeshifter has to hit the bathroom on a regular and frequent basis. But for short term evasion, or bursts of increased strength and speed, or even faster healing? The occasional near miss or accident could be an acceptable trade-off. Odds of accepting these terms would probably be in the 50-60% range.

Leaving behind the hypothetical scenarios, I would 100% enjoy reading fiction about a character who had this ability and the resulting inconvenient side effects... and I might actually write this out as a story or series of stories in the future. So thank you NintendoKitten for the inspiration.