Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Am i going mad?

disclaimer: I would put this in guidance and counseling, but it wont load for me. sorry!

I don't know if this is normal for some people, but whenever I read parts in stories or see stuff in anime where a character does something so ungodly awful its to the point where they're completely unlikeable, I get extremely pissed off and keep thinking morbid thoughts about how they should be punished, but I can never seem to think it's good enough. here's an example from a story:

“Is that so?” Travis drew closer, his Ekans close behind. “The average time for a police arrival is two minutes. Poison, however, has a much quicker on-set time. What was it, Violet?”

[One minute seven seconds.] Ekans hissed.

“And that’s for Pokemon. Could you imagine your soft, human flesh?”

Volt trembled with rage, clutching her sides.

“That’s adorable. Does she want to fight?” Travis asked, jutting his cigarette butt in Volt’s direction. “Go ahead, heal her all up. I want to make sure that, when I destroy you, it was all fair-in-square.” Travis looked Kevin up and down. “And look, we even have a witness.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh dear GOD just rereading this is making me want to bleed someone out! after seeing this one, I just wanted to smash this guy into a wall, pin him there by the neck, grab a knife and leave knife cuts everywhere I could, and then rip out his insides and go cannibal on him!

AND I STILL DON'T THINK IT'S A GOOD ENOUGH PUNISHMENT!

so, uh, I just need an honest opinion. Is there a real symptom for this, or do I just have a worse mind than satan?

I would've said no you're not going mad (as being totally pissed off at a character in fiction I feel is kinda normal), but then...

On 12/25/2016 at 2:55 AM, wheatley said:

oh dear GOD just rereading this is making me want to bleed someone out! after seeing this one, I just wanted to smash this guy into a wall, pin him there by the neck, grab a knife and leave knife cuts everywhere I could, and then rip out his insides and go cannibal on him!

AND I STILL DON'T THINK IT'S A GOOD ENOUGH PUNISHMENT!

That's where things go over the line.

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me of myself.
I see a weird pattern in crime dramas where the visiting Israelite is inclined to go cowboy cop and commit horrific torture on witnesses and suspects to get information (such as NCIS, or The Blacklist). A debatably 'protagonist' character leaves him/her in the room alone with the interrogated and bloodcurdling screams or terror and agony are heard echoing throughout the halls.

In situations like this I gesture at the TV screen and yell "SHIV THEM!" with a somewhat familiar zeal...
5a91b95264d179e8b22d31ebece8470c.jpg