Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Cloth diaper recommendations?

I've been wanting to try cloth diapers for a while now. They seem like they'd be comfortable, hold more than my normal disposables, and can hold while laying on my side. They'd save me money as well. I do my own laundry, so the others won't find out (except my mom, who already knows and doesn't care).

The problem is, I don't know much about them. How much do they actually hold? What kind should I get and what material? And are they on Amazon? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

I looked into several kinds and settled on these: http://www.bububibi.com/store/adult-cloth-diaper/

If properly fitted they will hold at least 500 cc without leaking. They are readily sized adjustable and fastened with velcro. They are pocket diapers and as I use them have two bamboo fiber-microfiber insert pads. the pads can be soaked while the cover is essentially dry against the skin. The oute cover is PUL which allows air but not liquid to pass through.

They are somewhat bulky however.

• 3 months later...

Cloth diapers are the best.  You can choose a thin  absorbent material such as gauze for daytime wear but of course, it requires a plastic diaper cover if you want to prevent leaks. I find them very comfortable and keep them in place by wearing panties over them. It's really nice  wearing them all day and feeling the thick material bunch up between my legs. Each step reminds that I am wearing a diaper and a few little squirts won't bleed through.   Prefolds are very thick  and will hold a lot but for daytime comfort my choice is purity flat diapers from adult cloth diapers.