Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

how to download from jade.net

15 hours ago, raspro said:

I have managed to copy videos by playing or streaming on my smart phone, then while the video is going....hold my finger on the screen...then it says downloading.

Try it.

You might want to be specific about what smartphone it is.

Now here's the extensive answer:
I have never actually seen the player on jade.net, so I'm not sure what they use. There are several common options:

1. It's an embedded video. In this case, load it up in any browser (Firefox/Chrome will definitely work), right click the video and click something like "Save video as..."
  2. It's an embedded video that does not get rendered directly by the browser. This happens when videos are, for example, rendered using Flash. There are several ways here. The easiest one is to use an extension (such as FlashGot for Firefox) that will allow you to download them with a simple click. Another option is to open the "Networking" tab in your browser's developer tools and looking for anything that looks like a video (generally just large files) and opening them directly in your browser.
  3. It's an HLS, DASH, or RTMP stream. HLS and DASH show up in browser extensions as a ton of tiny files and RTMP does not show up at all. A giveway for RTMP is that it is always rendered by Flash. Downloading RTMP is a hassle, but can be done, using tools such as rtmpdump. Downloading HLS or DASH is also a hassle, because you need to fetch all those tiny files, but there should be applications that do it for you.

From what I see a lot, option 2 is the most common, and option 3 is usually not worth the effort.

7 hours ago, Drying said:

You might want to be specific about what smartphone it is.

Now here's the extensive answer:
I have never actually seen the player on jade.net, so I'm not sure what they use. There are several common options:

1. It's an embedded video. In this case, load it up in any browser (Firefox/Chrome will definitely work), right click the video and click something like "Save video as..."
  2. It's an embedded video that does not get rendered directly by the browser. This happens when videos are, for example, rendered using Flash. There are several ways here. The easiest one is to use an extension (such as FlashGot for Firefox) that will allow you to download them with a simple click. Another option is to open the "Networking" tab in your browser's developer tools and looking for anything that looks like a video (generally just large files) and opening them directly in your browser.
  3. It's an HLS, DASH, or RTMP stream. HLS and DASH show up in browser extensions as a ton of tiny files and RTMP does not show up at all. A giveway for RTMP is that it is always rendered by Flash. Downloading RTMP is a hassle, but can be done, using tools such as rtmpdump. Downloading HLS or DASH is also a hassle, because you need to fetch all those tiny files, but there should be applications that do it for you.

From what I see a lot, option 2 is the most common, and option 3 is usually not worth the effort.

thanks! 

I will try it

the page is using Flash format streaming

• 2 weeks later...

None of my downloaders would recognize the streams from Jade and I had no luck with RTMP scripts.

With the tiny chunk formats, you can rename and reassemble the chunks with a script some dude wrote called Adobe.php; you can google it....but I had no luck with that method either.

The only luck I had (and this works on ANY video no matter what format or DRM) was to use ActivePresenter under Windows to record the screen.  The only problem is that you have to leave the video up on the screen and let it play all the way through.  I did it on full-screen at 1080 and set it to record system sound.  I exported the movie in FLV and ended up with pretty good quality.  It's free software.

That's the first time I've had to resort to that....I notice that JAV sites have the best DRM, so folks might as well master this method.

Bud

I'm pretty good with video. I know Jade (or was it GIGA?) used to use some Windows media DRM thing (which would match the asf thing mentioned above), but I doubt those would work on OSX / mobile, so this has likely changed.

I would try ripping something, but I have nothing to try it on. Their sample videos are definitely served through RTMP; they're pretty easy to rip (see below). However, I have no idea about their actual regular videos.

In case it is of any help, the way I saved the (on topic) sample video (from http://jade-net-home.com/media_access/play/-,1,9,106897,sample?ql=1) is as follows:

1. Open the page source (not using dev tools; video js removes what you are looking for) and find the RTMP url (starts with rtmp:// , can't miss it).
  2. Fix up the link. I had to replace "&" by "&" (html entities) and I had to replace "/cfx/st/&mp4:" by "/cfx/st/mp4:" (ffmpeg rtmp url formatting).
  3. Transmux it:
ffmpeg -i 'INSERT RTMP URL HERE' -c:a copy -c:v copy output.mp4

That's it. No quality loss and I didn't even have to use rtmpdump in the end.

DLEE-142-preview.mp4

16 minutes ago, Drying said:

I'm pretty good with video. I know Jade (or was it GIGA?) used to use some Windows media DRM thing (which would match the asf thing mentioned above), but I doubt those would work on OSX / mobile, so this has likely changed.

I would try ripping something, but I have nothing to try it on. Their sample videos are definitely served through RTMP; they're pretty easy to rip (see below). However, I have no idea about their actual regular videos.

In case it is of any help, the way I saved the (on topic) sample video (from http://jade-net-home.com/media_access/play/-,1,9,106897,sample?ql=1) is as follows:

1. Open the page source (not using dev tools; video js removes what you are looking for) and find the RTMP url (starts with rtmp:// , can't miss it).
  2. Fix up the link. I had to replace "&" by "&" (html entities) and I had to replace "/cfx/st/&mp4:" by "/cfx/st/mp4:" (ffmpeg rtmp url formatting).
  3. Transmux it:

DLEE-142-preview.mp4

does this method works for Mac OS?

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, Drying said:

3. Transmux it:

DLEE-142-preview.mp4

Thanks for posting this Drying, but would you mind giving an example of what the edited rtmp url looks like. I didn't quite understand the replace by parts of your tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, I'll use this page: https://jade-net-home.com/media_access/play/-,1,9,106897,sample?ql=1

I open it in my browser, navigate the source code, and find something that starts with rtmp:// .

In my case, it is the following element (I replaced some long strings of characters):

<source src="rtmp://ss8tqjntol03f.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&amp;mp4:media/1/9/106897/sample_1m.mp4?Expires=1488331860&amp;Signature=SOME_REALLY_LONG_STRING_OF_CHARACTERS&amp;Key-Pair-Id=SOME_MORE_CHARACTERS" type="rtmp/mp4" />

I take out the URL and replace all occurrences of &amp; by &

rtmp://ss8tqjntol03f.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&mp4:media/1/9/106897/sample_1m.mp4?Expires=1488331860&Signature=SOME_REALLY_LONG_STRING_OF_CHARACTERS&Key-Pair-Id=SOME_MORE_CHARACTERS

I then remove the & in /st/&mp4:

rtmp://ss8tqjntol03f.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/mp4:media/1/9/106897/sample_1m.mp4?Expires=1488331860&Signature=SOME_REALLY_LONG_STRING_OF_CHARACTERS&Key-Pair-Id=SOME_MORE_CHARACTERS

This is what I throw into ffmpeg as an input:

ffmpeg -i 'rtmp://ss8tqjntol03f.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/mp4:media/1/9/106897/sample_1m.mp4?Expires=1488331860&Signature=SOME_REALLY_LONG_STRING_OF_CHARACTERS&Key-Pair-Id=SOME_MORE_CHARACTERS' -c:a copy -c:v copy video.mp4

KubaAseph has issues with this approach. I assume that some versions of ffmpeg won't work.
It might have to be built with librtmp support (although the version for my OS works out of the box).