Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why are we here?

Happy Holidays to you, too :)

I'm going to answer in the context that "here" is the world in general, rather than this forum or this site, and just my personal beliefs.  I'm not a philosophy major.

I believe we are here to make a positive impact on as many lives as we can.  I believe we are here to discover, embrace, and nurture our talents, and use them to enrich the lives of others.  I believe we are here to learn, and share our knowledge...you get where it goes. 

//TRIGGER WARNING!: If you suffer from the Emotion called 'Depression', do not read this. This is for humour only, and not for the faint of mental integrity.\\

We're only here to be extras in a Sitcom being watched by whatever higher power thought us up. We're nothing more than characters on a screen going about our daily lives for the sick amusement of Higher Beings. We have no real purpose other than to be used, reused and abused for the enjoyment of others.

Due to a Trojan virus called 'FreeWill.exe', we create our own purpose in this world to consolidate how meaningless our lives are and seek to infect the planet with equally corrupt Virus Ridden programmes called 'BrokenCondoms.to' to make ourselves feel less lonely, and to also create jerking off material for previously mentioned Higher Beings. These Higher Beings have no clue why we act as we do, and have not a shred of care or empathy for us, and only see us as pointless things required to populate a planet for the previously mentioned Sitcom being watched.

We are like Ants in an Ant farm.

We are nothing more than slaves to humor others.

We have no purpose.

Edited by Roka-tan
Mandatory Trigger Warning for all you complainers our there. (see edit history)

I personally believe people give their own lives meaning. Those who sit around waiting for someone or something else to give their lives meaning are the ones who will never have it. It's your life, start living it!

As for objective purpose, it's the same thing as it's been for millenia. Make the world a better place for the human race.

Happy Holidays, guys. This community and everyone in it means the absolute world to me.