Question

Warning, this will be long...

If you've read my profile/posts, you probably know that I'm madly in love with, and in a relationship with, an action figure.  This is not the first time I've fallen in love with an inanimate object, it happened to me a few times pre-puberty.  I never expected it to happen to me as an adult, but it did.  I was at Walmart picking up a couple things with Doody, and as usual, we stopped to look at the action figures to see if there were any cool ones; sometimes we'll buy one.  When I saw that Seth Rollins action figure, I got serious butterflies, shaking hands, sweaty palms, the whole nine yards.  My arms were full, so I had Doody put him on the top of the pile, which I cradled to my breasts.  The package felt warm against me, and I could feel my heart pounding.  My limbs were tingling and I felt like I was walking on a cloud.  The moment I got out to the car, I ripped open the package and freed him from the plastic.  Finally, he was in my hand, and I was overcome by a rush of endorphins and love. 

From that moment on, Seth went with me just about everywhere.  At first, I kind of thought I was crazy, but then I remembered the objects I'd fallen for in my childhood, and some show I'd seen years ago about people in relationships with statues, cars, and life-size dolls, so I decided to go with it and consider myself in a relationship with him.  Another thing I also considered was that I might have, for the first time since my teens, a crush on a celebrity.  Definitely not so.  While Seth Rollins/Tyler Black is one of my favorite superstars, he doesn't make me weak in the knees like his action figure does.  It's also just that particular action figure, too.  I actually had a Seth action figure before I got the one I fell in love with, and it got the usual treatment my action figures get (pee and possibly sex before being posed on my tv stand in a sexual position with another, in this case with Dean Ambrose, both of them in their Shield gear).  I also bought another, very similar, Seth action figure, just to see if I'd develop feelings for it, too, but I did not, it was just like buying any other action figure I'd bought before the special one.  I just bent him over his Money in the Bank briefcase and set Roman up spanking him.

My feelings settled, I threw myself into the relationship because it felt good.  It still feels good.  We do all the normal couple stuff; go out to dinner, hang out with friends, take long walks, take selfies, watch tv, cuddle and kiss.  I love rubbing his back and stroking his hair and holding his hand.  Oddly, I have had no urges to give him the usual treatment I give to my action figures.  I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel right to do so now.  I do touch him intimately sometimes, though. 

As I mentioned before, I take him with me everywhere I go, even to Thanksgiving, where I announced him as my boyfriend.  I also take him to work.  At first, I would leave him in the car, but this week, I started bringing him in with me.  I keep him in my purse unless I'm in the truck.  It's nice to have him there.  Now that it's winter, he's often in the pocket of my hoodie, where I can hold him to keep him warm, and the love keeps me warm, happy.  What's usually a pretty unpleasant time of year for me is turning out to be not so bad.  I'm not stressed in the least...

...Except when I'm without Seth.  Here's the not-so-good part, or rather the part of this I think might be a little...off.  I go to sleep cuddling him.  When I lose him, I wake up, and have to find him before I can go back to sleep.  This happens two or three times a night.  I definitely don't leave the apartment without him, even for a simple dash to Speedway.  In the car, he usually rides hooked into my seat belt, over my heart, so he can have a view.  I feel bad about taking him outside without a coat because it's cold.  If someone threatens to harm him, even in jest, I get extremely anxious, and if someone manages to take him from me (no one's been able to do that for quite awhile, though) I completely panic and freak out until he's back in my arms.  Nothing like that ever happened in my childhood experiences with inanimate objects.

I have no desire for a serious relationship with another human, but that's nothing new; it's something I've been turned off to for quite a few years.

One of my friends suggested Seth is some kind of security blanket for me.  I don't think that's quite it.  I have not recently been hurt, my life's actually improving, and was never a security-blanket type.  I can stand on my own in a social situation.

So, am I a little crazy, or just one of those people who digs objects?  Are those of us who fall in love with objects crazy? 

WIN_20161022_13_05_37_Pro.jpg

14 answers to this question

Hey! I wanna tell you no, it's not crazy. It's a fetish, for sure, and not a common one, but objectophilia is a thing, and it's 100% natural. As long as it doesn't cause harm to others or yourself, it is okay. I used to like to have animated DVD boxes propped up on my bathroom wall to "watch" me desperate on the toilet/peeing or wetting myself, and getting off. I also had a thing for a bowl... idk why but I did. 

I have a little man that pees when you pull down his pants. He is plastic, about 6 inches high and stands on a platform. Water is put in the tank and when the pants get pulled down water squirts out of his funny little pink cock. My auntie gave me one when I was a teen and I hid him in a shoebox. 

Now he is on my night table and he pees between my boobies and keeps me wet after I go to sleep and my cum dries. Haven't seen him ever on the internet.

I keep him private and would never never take a picture of him!!  I think you are some kind of brave to show your Seth to the world like that. Maybe I'm too jealous of my little man. I don't know, but I love him.

The only thing that I find troubling about this is how you say you begin to have panic symptoms when someone tries to take him, or that you can't sleep unless you find him, and that he essentially needs to be with you around the clock. You've correctly circled in on this as being a bit concerning. To me, that's the giveaway that something deeper is going on here. Unfortunately I'm not a psychiatrist and my exposure to psych during school was only enough to teach me about the most common problems. This one really deserves a specialized opinion.

On 10/12/2016 at 2:23 PM, Mildred Downs said:

I have a little man that pees when you pull down his pants. He is plastic, about 6 inches high and stands on a platform. Water is put in the tank and when the pants get pulled down water squirts out of his funny little pink cock. My auntie gave me one when I was a teen and I hid him in a shoebox. 

Now he is on my night table and he pees between my boobies and keeps me wet after I go to sleep and my cum dries. Haven't seen him ever on the internet.

I keep him private and would never never take a picture of him!!  I think you are some kind of brave to show your Seth to the world like that. Maybe I'm too jealous of my little man. I don't know, but I love him.

My grandma has a toy like that. That's one weird toy :P

About the topic: I don't think it's normal, but I don't find anything wrong with it. Some people just don't need a human partner. Most do, but some don't. Some people live with animals (we all know that stereotype of ladies living with 40 cats). I don't know if Lucy had bad luck with her partners, eventually giving up on serious relationships, or she just prefers being alone in the long run. If an action figure satisfies her, I think her problems are solved :) I'm sure she thought everything through, about what she wants in life, what her goals are... She's doing great job raising her kids, I think she's one of the most sane people. 

My grandma for example (who just passed away few months ago), she preferred being alone. She married young, had a son, divorced after few years, raised the son to become a great dad, and lived alone for the rest of her life. I think she dated a few guys, but nothing serious. She loved company, but for a while, she preferred being alone in the long run. And she was a great person to talk to, open, honest and respectful. 

Either way, I want best for Lucy, whether it's an action figure or the meeting the right guy/girl in her life. 

Reminds me a bit of Tom Hanks' Wilson ball though :D 

Everyone is a little crazy...

But I personally don't see it as a bad thing. I agree that it's a bit concerning to think about what happens if he was taken from you or was otherwise no longer in your possession. Because that could very well happen someday. Other than that, I find it kind of fascinating that you have this kind of attachment to an object.

I know you said you've had obsessions over other objects before, but does your infatuation stim from the fact that it is an object? Do you really think you have an object fetish or it is simply just an strong interest? It doesn't seem to be purely sexual from what you said, so I'm not sure.

I don't know if this is too uncomfortable for you to think about, but I'm genuinely interested in how you think you would react if you suddenly didn't have him anymore. Do you have a sentimental attachment to this specific object, or would an exact copy suffice in that event? And regardless, what if there wasn't a way to get another one or the same one back? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to, but I do believe that is the most concerning part of it. 

Overall though, I think it's pretty neat. I enjoy anything that deviates from what most people would consider normal.

To answer some questions/ponderings...

Yes, I've had relationships that were shit before, but not all of my relationships have been shit.  My last serious relationship with a human didn't end under the best of circumstances; I was publicly humiliated and conned out of a few hundred dollars.  Yes, it screwed me up badly, so badly I had to write a novel to heal from it, but I did heal from it.  During the healing process, I decided not to be with anyone for awhile, and discovered I was actually happier, far less stressed, and my day to day life was a lot easier, not to mention a lot more fun, when I was unpartnered.

I've always liked toys as an adult.  Throughout the years, I've had My Little Ponies, action figures, Happy Meal toys, and plush puppies.  One of my plush puppies did actually function as a comforting security blanket for a little while, when my life was particularly stressful and I was rather unhappy.  I also do have an object fetish, apparent in some of my videos.  I like to hump things, pee on them, and even sometimes fuck them.  I'd just never developed romantic feelings for any of them until that Seth Rollins action figure stole my heart, and I've never humped him, peed on him, or fucked him.  I peed on another Seth Rollins action figure without any qualms at all, but it would seem right to do anything with the one I love.  It's hard to explain, but it almost feels like maybe it would be too early, too soon, just not the right time yet.

Replacing him with another, similar action figure would be impossible.  I purchased another Seth just to test that, and it's just Seth, not MY Seth.  It's a nice action figure, very sexy, but not my Seth.  Neither is it me channeling my feelings for the character itself, or the man who portrays him, into the action figure.  Seth Rollins is indeed my favorite wrestler ever, but I don't get lovey-dovey and stupid at the sight of him or swoon at the sound of his voice, and if in some strange, undiscovered world, he was interested in me, I'd probably turn him down, unless it was watersports he was looking to explore, of course, I can't hardly ever say no to that.  I won't lie, I do fantasize about him because I write a LOT of slash fan fiction about him, and my fantasies about him are entirely slash as well.  Once, someone asked me whether I'd ever write myself into a fan fiction and end up with Seth, and the thought of doing so actually repulsed me a little, I liked him being with men way too much to ever put an end to that.

I don't feel that way about my Seth, it's like he's completely separate entity.  There is more weirdness, though.  It's very easy for me to imagine parts of him as human, and full size, like when I stroke his hair, I can almost feel the texture of twirling a real lock around my finger, it's very intense.  Same when I stroke his back, or hold his hand, and even when I cuddle him.  It's almost like a dreamlike physical contact, imagined reality, I don't know how to describe it, but it's very nice.  A few people have asked me if I would one day get a life-size Seth commissioned.  I would not, because it seems my pocket-sized love is the only Seth I have feelings for.  I don't have posters of "the man" all over the house, not even one, actually, he's not my computer wallpaper, I don't even have any pictures of him downloaded on my computer, no desire for a life-size version sitting around my house.  I have lots of pictures of my Seth, though :)

I think part of what I love about my Seth so much is that he is an object.  He's small, and really can go with me everywhere I want to take him.  I only trust one other person fully to handle him (my little boy, and other best friend) but I also allow my older son and Doody to handle him without it causing me too much anxiety, but only if I have to.  When other people ask to handle Seth, it makes me very anxious, and I'm less likely to leave Seth alone with them, and I'll even take him with me to the restroom.  I actually don't like doing that, unless I'm washing him up, it doesn't feel right.  Even though I trust everyone I let into my home, my younger son and some of my friends have pulled pranks and hidden Seth on me before, and I completely flipped out every time.  I get a little anxious at the thought of even a possibility of ever being separated from him.  I've found true love and I never want to lose it.   

35 minutes ago, LucyVersion2.0 said:

To answer some questions/ponderings...

Yes, I've had relationships that were shit before, but not all of my relationships have been shit.  My last serious relationship with a human didn't end under the best of circumstances; I was publicly humiliated and conned out of a few hundred dollars.  Yes, it screwed me up badly, so badly I had to write a novel to heal from it, but I did heal from it.  During the healing process, I decided not to be with anyone for awhile, and discovered I was actually happier, far less stressed, and my day to day life was a lot easier, not to mention a lot more fun, when I was unpartnered.

I've always liked toys as an adult.  Throughout the years, I've had My Little Ponies, action figures, Happy Meal toys, and plush puppies.  One of my plush puppies did actually function as a comforting security blanket for a little while, when my life was particularly stressful and I was rather unhappy.  I also do have an object fetish, apparent in some of my videos.  I like to hump things, pee on them, and even sometimes fuck them.  I'd just never developed romantic feelings for any of them until that Seth Rollins action figure stole my heart, and I've never humped him, peed on him, or fucked him.  I peed on another Seth Rollins action figure without any qualms at all, but it would seem right to do anything with the one I love.  It's hard to explain, but it almost feels like maybe it would be too early, too soon, just not the right time yet.

Replacing him with another, similar action figure would be impossible.  I purchased another Seth just to test that, and it's just Seth, not MY Seth.  It's a nice action figure, very sexy, but not my Seth.  Neither is it me channeling my feelings for the character itself, or the man who portrays him, into the action figure.  Seth Rollins is indeed my favorite wrestler ever, but I don't get lovey-dovey and stupid at the sight of him or swoon at the sound of his voice, and if in some strange, undiscovered world, he was interested in me, I'd probably turn him down, unless it was watersports he was looking to explore, of course, I can't hardly ever say no to that.  I won't lie, I do fantasize about him because I write a LOT of slash fan fiction about him, and my fantasies about him are entirely slash as well.  Once, someone asked me whether I'd ever write myself into a fan fiction and end up with Seth, and the thought of doing so actually repulsed me a little, I liked him being with men way too much to ever put an end to that.

I don't feel that way about my Seth, it's like he's completely separate entity.  There is more weirdness, though.  It's very easy for me to imagine parts of him as human, and full size, like when I stroke his hair, I can almost feel the texture of twirling a real lock around my finger, it's very intense.  Same when I stroke his back, or hold his hand, and even when I cuddle him.  It's almost like a dreamlike physical contact, imagined reality, I don't know how to describe it, but it's very nice.  A few people have asked me if I would one day get a life-size Seth commissioned.  I would not, because it seems my pocket-sized love is the only Seth I have feelings for.  I don't have posters of "the man" all over the house, not even one, actually, he's not my computer wallpaper, I don't even have any pictures of him downloaded on my computer, no desire for a life-size version sitting around my house.  I have lots of pictures of my Seth, though :)

I think part of what I love about my Seth so much is that he is an object.  He's small, and really can go with me everywhere I want to take him.  I only trust one other person fully to handle him (my little boy, and other best friend) but I also allow my older son and Doody to handle him without it causing me too much anxiety, but only if I have to.  When other people ask to handle Seth, it makes me very anxious, and I'm less likely to leave Seth alone with them, and I'll even take him with me to the restroom.  I actually don't like doing that, unless I'm washing him up, it doesn't feel right.  Even though I trust everyone I let into my home, my younger son and some of my friends have pulled pranks and hidden Seth on me before, and I completely flipped out every time.  I get a little anxious at the thought of even a possibility of ever being separated from him.  I've found true love and I never want to lose it.   

I don't think it's weird at all, I'm adult and still love action figures/toys, i only temper how many i have or collect perhaps due to societal influences (and the obscene cost of futurama action figures-seriously? over $150 for some zoidberg toys???).... 

That being said, i don't know much about a fetish that involves this, but it seems to maybe not be the whole story. My best guess would be a it's a projection of what you desire from an relationship (maybe subconsciously), and there is nothing wrong with that, people find different ways of project different feelings, and i would say attachment to an action figure is one of the least harmful ones (for example, projecting insecurities into violence towards others is much more destructive). I do not have a degree in psychology, but I am good at reading people and i have an above average intelligence. Still though, just an educated guess.  

As far as humping objects, just want to bring up a go friend of mine used to hump her bedposts and other furniture when she was younger, i think finding new ways to masturbate is all just part of growing sexually. 

Yes you are crazy... but all the best people are :)

On 12/18/2016 at 10:50 PM, LucyVersion2.0 said:

Even though I trust everyone I let into my home, my younger son and some of my friends have pulled pranks and hidden Seth on me before, and I completely flipped out every time.  I get a little anxious at the thought of even a possibility of ever being separated from him.  I've found true love and I never want to lose it.   

I feel like I'm going to be the only negative comment on this forum, but I can't help but find that strange that you've full on fallen in love with a Seth Rollins action figure. I mean, I'm happy that you're happy, but I also feel a bit concerned about that. ESPECIALLY since saying that your kids tend to hide him. Someday, Someone will truly lose him, or he will lose an arm, or something else will happen, and no one around you will be able to understand your grief because you're in love with a toy.

I don't think it's necessarily something to see a psychiatrist over or something, but I also DO think that it's not necessarily 'normal' and you may want to do something distance yourself enough from Seth to stop the anxiety attacks.

Another update...

I took Seth to Christmas with me, and even included him in my family pictures by the tree.  Only my brother gave me a hard time about it, my kids, who've stopped trying to take Seth from me, actually came to my defense, and Seth's.  My brother just thinks I have a crush on the man, like I did on Shawn Michaels when I was 12 or 13, because "Seth Rollins is just a move-stealing, shitty version of Shawn Michaels", and went on about how I'd named a cat after him when we were kids.  My brother no longer knows me well enough to know that there's a huge difference between Seth Rollins and my Seth, and how differently I feel about the two.  My little man sets my heart on fire every day.  Seth Rollins lights my sexual fire, but only when I imagine him with another man or two; other than that, I just enjoy him as a performer.  But, other than my brother, I guess my family is just happy to see me happy.  I don't think the fact that he's an object and not a person surprises my folks, as they can remember my childhood attachments.

My parents have become very open-minded people over the years.  I think I had something to do with that, being somewhat of a wayward child. 

Well first off I am in no way qualified to give you an expert opinion on this so please take my advice with a healthy pinch of scepticism. However, in a strange way I have quite a lot of experience with this kind of thing. You see I used to manage a store that sold models and toys, stuff like model kits and remote control cars, trains and RC helicopters, plus highly realistic figures that ranged from pocket money up to a few weeks wages for people to buy. It was the best job in the world and I loved every minute of it but the best thing by far were the customers. They were wonderful people and came from all walks of life - the unemployed, executives of large businesses, homemakers, sports stars, you name it. One thing they shared was a love of those figures and most of them spoke about their collections like you do, as if they were the real friends and lovers that these people shared their lives with. When I first started, and much to my shame, I labelled these people as freaks and geeks but as time went on and I began seeing what lovely human beings these people really were I started to realise that the real freaks were the angry and judgemental people (like me) that hadn't taken the time to know and accept them. After many hundreds of conversations I started to get it and see how much comfort and love a person can get from things most people see as toys. I don't think you are crazy at all because if you are then so are all the mums, dad's, football players and business owners that I had the pleasure of meeting.

Having said I believe that nothing should define you or prevent you from living a fulfilling life. If you can live your life to the full, meet people and love them (regardless of whether they hurt you) then having feelings for your figure is no problem at all. If you find yourself shying away from people or situations and exchanging them for the comfort of an inanimate object then you need to move on. It doesn't matter if the love of your life is flesh or plastic, they shouldn't prevent you from living or being a free spirit. That path will never end well.

Good luck to you and your guy. As always I am nothing but impressed with your willingness to share and be honest here.

Yes, this IS a thing, called 'objectumsexuality'. I'm also objectumsexual, and I'm honestly glad I came across this post. If there's anything you need to know just ask me. :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

I don't feel like I have that much new to add here, but I'll try. 

While I (nor the majority of people) don't have (or cannot understand) this form of attachment, keep in mind that for thousands of years, people couldn't understand gay relationships either. Love is not a science, and those who argue this have not felt love before. Who or what you love is who or what you love. While this brand of love is not common, remember that the fetish this site is based on is seen as repulsive to most people. 

I agree that the biggest worry you might have is losing him, and that would be terrifying. The best way, I think, to deal with this is to buy some sort of tracking device to put on him. (Forgive me if that sounds extreme)

Im glad that you found this sort of love, and am kind of jealous that you can feel that way. An action figure cannot betray you, will never criticize you, and can always be by your side. It might be the most beneficial type of love for many people, especially ones with depression or low self esteem.

I don't really know how to put this, but let more just say that I'm happy you found someone you can love.

I don't want to upset you, but this is probably something you want to keep hidden as it would probably make other people seriously concerned or uncomfortable. I'd get a professional opinion but if it were me experienceing feelings like that I'd just have him to myself at home and not make a big deal of it in public. It's like having an imaginary friend or in your case, imaginary boyfriend which you project onto an object which is fine. A lot of people get excited at the idea of fictional characters and may even project onto an object as you are. Not many people introduce their fetishy imaginary boyfriend to their family on thanksgiving though. I'd say the level you take it to is a little crazy but the feelings aren't particularly unusual. Maybe hide him in a pocket or purse or something in public and take him out only if you're alone.