Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

best LEAK PROOF diapers?

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "leak proof" diaper. Most of the ones I have tried have at some stage leaked. I use Molicare Super as night diapers, the plastic backed ones are better to get a snug fitting around your waist and thighs. I have used Tena night pads as boosters as well for some more capacity, especially when I have been naughty and had a few too many drinks before bed. I also wear good quality plastic pants over my diaper combination, they have saved my bed on so many occasions. Check on the packet for their absorbency ability too, some aren't really made to wear at night. Hope this helps you :rolleyes:  

17 hours ago, scinosensation said:

I found most adult diapers have a capacity of no more than one normal bladder full, about 400 mL. I now wear, due to nerve damage, cloth diapers that if fitted correctly, hold about 500 mL with two insert pads. 

The disposables with the greatest capacity are probably Abena M4, but they are very bulky.

I personally found M4s to be too absorbent. I mean, I like being able to tell I'm wet right away. Plus they do have a very 'clinical' sort of feel to them.

I can't recommend Abena enough if you're looking for a "standard" type of diaper with great absorbency. Their X-Plus series (The S4, M4, and L4 sizes) is about as good as you can get outside of ABDL-centric products, although the plastic backed ones are harder and harder to find (some sizes are only available with the cloth backing now...).

Although I haven't personally tried them, Dry 24/7's are purported to be the king of the "normal diaper" hill, beating out the X-Plus quite handily, but being very bulky to manage it.

On 12/16/2016 at 3:19 PM, HPattern said:

I can't recommend Abena enough if you're looking for a "standard" type of diaper with great absorbency. Their X-Plus series (The S4, M4, and L4 sizes) is about as good as you can get outside of ABDL-centric products, although the plastic backed ones are harder and harder to find (some sizes are only available with the cloth backing now...).

Although I haven't personally tried them, Dry 24/7's are purported to be the king of the "normal diaper" hill, beating out the X-Plus quite handily, but being very bulky to manage it.

I've found that the Abena M4s actually hold more than the dry 24/7s for a very crucial reason: the M4s can take multiple wettings. I can have like three or four full bladder releases in them before leaking, and if you're fluid loading and trying NOT to hold it (like for untraining purposes) they can hold over five separate wettings. On the other hand, Dry 24/7s are great for holding one huge wetting, but their rewet capacity is pales in comparison, so if you have one too many full bladder releases without changing, they are highly liable to leak on you, and sooner than an M4 would.

I would also like to point out that the Molicare Super Plus diapers, despite having lower total capacity, can actually perform better than M4s because they absorb liquid about twice as fast. They can also take more than just a few wettings before needing to be changed, so their rewet capacity isn't bad, either.

Info of this post was gathered from personal testing as well as the old and new diaper test pages on XP Medical.

29 minutes ago, writerforce6 said:

...because they absorb liquid about twice as fast...

...Info of this post was gathered from personal testing as well as the old and new diaper test pages on XP Medical...

Those pages are incredibly useful, and I've always loved their thorough testing at XP.

The "Acquisition Rate" is a very important factor that many companies skip over/omit entirely in lieu of just a "Total Capacity" rating. This can be the "make or break" spec on a diaper depending on how you intend to use it (many small wettings over time v one or two fast flood(s)).

Edited by HPattern (see edit history)
1 hour ago, HPattern said:

Those pages are incredibly useful, and I've always loved their thorough testing at XP.

The "Acquisition Rate" is a very important factor that many companies skip over/omit entirely in lieu of just a "Total Capacity" rating. This can be the "make or break" spec on a diaper depending on how you intend to use it (many small wettings over time v one or two fast flood(s)).

Yup, pretty much. Dry 24/7s have a piss poor acquisition rate... whereas the two fastest rates on the market come from the Molicare Super Plus and Abena M4 brand diapers, in that order. That's why they're debatably the two best non-ABDL diapers on the market... although without concrete testing to the acquisition rates of ABDL diapers, it remains to be confirmed whether they are better or not in that regard. I'm pretty sure they both absorb liquids faster than the ABU Little Pawz/Space diapers, though, just from my own personal testing sessions.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a thought on this, LOL.  Fit is an aspect of diapers that is crucial in containing leaks.  Fit is why Molicares and Abenas don't work so well for me despite working for others - the larges leave gaps, no matter how hard I try to fit them properly and the mediums are too small.  Medium Dry 24/7 fit me well and I don't have problems with gaps like I do with other brands.

I wonder if that could have been part of OP's problem. 

On 11/28/2016 at 7:11 PM, Camilla said:

I have yet to find a brand that can contain even one wetting, and I don't even have a very large bladder. I am a rather petite girl if it matters.

Have you tried diapers that were made primarily for the ABDL  market? See bambinodiapers (dot) com.

And Rearz claims that their "Safari" diapers can hold well over a gallon.

Edited by footedsleeper (see edit history)

I agree its all about the fit and your body shape... I found that Tena and Abena M4s(which Im wearing now) are great on leaks, even at night... I got a case of Dry 24/7s about a year ago and wasnt impressed... IDK if it just wasnt fitting right, but for as thick and absorbent its supposed to be, it would leak very soon, and I would change and it was barely even wet, definitely not even close to capacity... 

On 1/19/2017 at 2:19 PM, footedsleeper said:

...primarily for the ABDL market? See bambinodiapers...

I can now attest to the new Bambino Magnifico's being top-notch (see my mini-review for more details). The hybrid sizing is a bit unusual, but the stretch-sides are amazing. Their Hook+Loop/Velcro tapes might be exactly what OP is looking for here, as you can unhook and refasten them over and over for the perfect fit, with no loss of adhesion. Super absorbent as well.

• 4 months later...

It all depends on your shape and size. If you're unlucky enough to have an hourglass shape, I have very bad news for you: You may never find a perfectly fitting diaper, unless you learn to sew your own cloth diapers. Because you know, this world is not built for hourglass-females, as my sister has taught me. Everything that fits on the waist is too tight on the hips, and everything that fits the hips is loose on the waist. Other than that, you'll just have to keep trying different products, no one here can tell you exactly what will be good for you, we can only tell what works for us. I suggest you try to find products that are specifically made for women, they could be kinder with your body shape. Unless you're a complete stickplank, in that case it won't matter much if you use unisex.

For me, the best has been Attends, with the absorbency of 8 (5 may leak). No leaks ever, even though I wear them to bed (where they leak very easily due to body position) and I'm a heavy, heavy wetter. The waistband is very tight in its relaxed shape, but it's very stretchy, so it could possibly fit a feminine shape too. But, as some others have said, Attends is not good for everyone.

On 11/28/2016 at 7:11 PM, Camilla said:

Any recommendation for the best adult diapers available in the US for containing leaks? I have yet to find a brand that can contain even one wetting, and I don't even have a very large bladder. I am a rather petite girl if it matters.

The ones made for the ABDL market will probably do better than others. Try Bambino diapers.