Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How long is too long in an experience story?

How long is too long in an experience story?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. When you are reading an experience story, how long do you prefer? (Feel free to add comments explaining your answers!

• Short - I like it to get to the point
    • Medium - I like it more developed, but not dragging on forever
    • Long - I like as much detail as possible
    • No preference - I like it as long as its a good experience

I'm just starting to post on the site and I have a wealth of experiences I want to write about here. Before I get too far, I want to know what peoples opinions are on how much to include in them.

Personally, I prefer long, very detailed, accounts of every aspect of what goes on. I am also naturally very wordy, so what I have written so far is done in this manner. I've read from comments on other stories that there at least some people who like this as well, but I'm very scientific so I want as much data as possible. Maybe there's a bunch of people who immediately click off when they see a long post, so they never bother commenting, for example. I also feel that this could be useful to others new to the site.

Thanks!

Edited by cwpee
Minor text fixes (see edit history)

It depends on the quality of the writing. 

If you aren't a good and entertaining writer then keep it short and to the point. 

A couple of people on here write quite well and I enjoy reading their interesting but longer-than-average posts. 

If it's written well enough and is sufficiently interesting then I'd happily read a full length novel. 

I second WetDave.

It's impossible to tell. It's like asking what the perfect length for a novel is. Some amazing novels are only 200 pages, others are 1,000. It really depends on how much is going on in the story and above all, the quality of writing. I personally don't like a "scientific" approach. I don't need to know the eye color, height, weight, and cup size of everyone involved. I don't need to know the exact timestamp on everything. I do like good description that flows well with the narrative. I also like when there's a kind of dramatic arc to the story. Obviously, if it was a real experience you observed in passing, that's not always possible, but if it was an extended scenario you were part of then absolutely.

If you can make it fun and engaging, I'll read a long post. Instead of polling, I suggest you write a story that you would want to read. Then gather feedback. There's a reason it's not called feedfront. We can't tell you what we think of your writing before we've seen any examples of it.

Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for. I realize this poll may not have been the best way of doing this, but its definitely given me some useful info. If nothing else, I found that everyone seems to like it at least somewhat fleshed out, not just a quick account of the events.

I've got a few I've posted so far, but I haven't received much feedback on my writing style (though in hindsight, I should have asked). I've been writing what came naturally to me, but upon re-reading I started realizing that I definitely needed some work. Practice makes perfect, I guess!

Guest pseudonymaddie

In an experience story it's important maintain realism, and it's impossible to cater to the reader's fantasy while actually keeping to true events. Whilst personally I really prefer a story with multiple wettings, or a normalisation of desperation and eventual public wetting, society doesn't work that way and so it would be out of place in the experience section. That's why I think 'straight to the point' stories lack the depth and building tension that medium or longer ones do.

On the other hand I've seen stories that drag on beyond reason. Knowing what you ate for breakfast last Thursday doesn't help me appreciate your desperation  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I am naturally very wordy and was spiraling into "way too much info" territory, which is what prompted this thread. In my mind accounting for the exact times was very important as it gave an idea of how long everything took, but after reading comments on here I removed that info, replacing it with more generic statements when needed, and it flows much better. I was also heavy on backstory, and managed to trim that down to the necessary info as well. 

I will say that I've got an experience I'm polishing up right now that's 4,000+ words. The experience was so good it was like a fantasy so it ended up reading like one. I initially embellished a few things, but this afternoon I went back and returned them to 100% accurate and I'm happy to say it's still just as hot. 

See, even this ended up wordy! If you ever see a short post from me, there's probably something wrong.... 

I ;love a lengthy, and richly detailed description of a long period of desperation. I hope to hear exactly and explicitly all your related sensations. Tell me  as clearly as possible how your bladder, genital area and especially your pee hole are feeling. Make me almost feel what you ( or the person you are describing) are feeling. Please relate how the pressure is changing as you become increasingly desperate. The story must include what you are doing to hold it and its effectiveness.

I like to be kept wondering until the end weather or not you make it to the bathroom. The anticipation and suspense is key.

I know I have been a bit repetitive but I do so to emphasize how important the details are to me in a good desperation and wetting story.

It should go without saying any story needs to be well written. I am not a grammar fanatic, but please use proper English, including correct punctuation and spelling so it is readable and makes sense.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

Well, I think this will be right up your alley! Its got pretty much exactly what you mentioned, at least as much as possible with its about someone else and you don't want to invent stuff. 

Its actually done, but I still need to run through it again one last time. We've got a date night tonight so no electronics, but she is working in the morning so hopefully that will give me enough time to get it finalized.

I get put off by a wall of text because I don't know how much I'll like the story before reading and especially when I've been away from the forum for a few days I also have a wall of unread topics to get through... I also have ADHD so get distracted easily and don't want to start a story if it's not going to be interesting enough to hold my attention through to the end...

That being said if it's interesting and well written I like a decent bit of detail and definitely better medium that short, except that I might skim read a short post even if it turns out I don't like it...

Key factors for me would be a good, short first paragraph that gives a great hook and tells me what to expect, that way I'd be more interested in reading a larger wall of text. Secondly it's GOT to have at least passable grammar otherwise I get frustrated while reading, especially if the poor grammar detracts from the story - I don't mind so much if there are simple spelling errors etc but when grammar and spelling goes wrong at key points or there are repetitive issues (e.g. "supposably", "propably", or similar) it just makes me flinch and diverts focus to annoyance at the errors instead of enjoying the story... Luckily I believe people who say "Pacifically" still SPELL it as "Specifically" because that one makes me totally see red!!

Once I'm invested in a long story though I really do enjoy it (and clearly I'm a very verbose writer myself based on the length of my reply!)... If you ever figure out the "hook" let me know!