Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riality

Gender-confusion

Question

I was born a girl, grew up using feminine pronouns and still identify as a female. I've been noticing lately, however, that I don't use feminine pronouns anymore when talking about myself. For example, I'd say that I'm an actor, but not an actress, although I do identify as female. If I was asked for my actual gender, I'd say female, since that's what I identify as.  And I have absolutely no problem with referring to myself as lesbian instead of just going by gay, which also applies to females. It's just that I don't use feminine words when describing myself. And that's what kind of confuses me, as I want to be female, and I have no idea what I would be f not female.

4 answers to this question

So, if you actually want to be female and identify as female, doesn't that just mean that you are female?

To be honest, if you don't seem to have any significant issues identifying as a female presently, I see no reason to change that. Silly societal boundaries are not law and thus breaking them is perfectly fine, without the need to re-evaluate the fact that you are a woman.

I may sound biased being a man who has a beard and is heterosexual, thus more easily fitting some stereotypes, but I dislike motor vehicles, typical sports and alcohol without feeling conflicted about the fact that I was born biologically a boy to become a man.

I hope this helps.

well to be honest, to me, (I have absolutely no knowledge in these fields however) It seems more of a language/verbal issue rather than a gender based one. You clearly state that you are (physically) female, think of yourself as female and refer to yourself as female. You seem to have no issues with your gender at all.

Only thing is you refer to certain things (like your job) in the generic term, rather than the gender specific. Seems really more like a language/grammar thing than anything else. 

But again I am no expert in gender, language or neuroscience.

I'm going to have to agree with these people who have already answered