Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Aokurage's Mojique Testing

Not sure if this was announced earlier but apparently Aokurage has been distributing builds of his game Mojikue to various contacts on both Twitter and Pixiv for people to bug test. Some of these bug testers have posted screenshots of the class system and a video of the final boss?(can't read japanese). Here are some of the images and the video for reference.
CsYQd-dVYAAE_RA.jpg

CsYQefcVUAIomjc.jpg

Video of Final Boss?: 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if this was announced earlier but apparently Aokurage has been distributing builds of his game Mojikue to various contacts on both Twitter and Pixiv for people to bug test. Some of these bug

At some point (I forget exactly when she's unlocked, but she's unlocked as part of the story), you will see a NPC in a bunny suit sitting next to the shop NPCs. You know that item that you get from ch

But let us discuss things. Here's the translation of the abilities of every familiar, the first step towards refining the interface patch. Note that this is a very literal translation and I'll ce

Posted Images

Yes, that is indeed a thing. According to the disclaimer, there are still minor elements that must be added, but other than that it's the full game that can be played from start to finish. Which I'm currently actively doing (along with a certain other person from THE PLACE) ^_^. The plot took some unexpected turns (well, not really, but it's very well-written) from where we stopped before. Carat-chan is super cute and I want to take her home~! Also,

Dr.FLASH!!

Oh, and don't bother grinding in the currently released demo (unless it's the latest demo that wasn't translated because plot-wise it was basically the same things), the game system was adjusted a bit, so it might be not entirely compatible, some scenes were altered and/or expanded, and you'll catch up very quickly anyway.

THAT MAID.

8 hours ago, Lisk said:

Yes, that is indeed a thing. According to the disclaimer, there are still minor elements that must be added, but other than that it's the full game that can be played from start to finish. Which I'm currently actively doing (along with a certain other person from THE PLACE) ^_^. The plot took some unexpected turns (well, not really, but it's very well-written) from where we stopped before. Carat-chan is super cute and I want to take her home~! Also,

Reveal hidden contents

Dr.FLASH!!

Oh, and don't bother grinding in the currently released demo (unless it's the latest demo that wasn't translated because plot-wise it was basically the same things), the game system was adjusted a bit, so it might be not entirely compatible, some scenes were altered and/or expanded, and you'll catch up very quickly anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

THAT MAID.

Argh I'm kind of envious of you and RainyDay(I'm assuming they're the other recipient of the beta based on their twitter interactions), but I guess this is the price I pay for choosing German in college instead of Japanese :P

Imminent bugs aside, how does it fare compared to other indie-RPG Maker games? (if I'm correct in assuming that you've played numerous RPG Maker Games). It definitely beats most other games in the art/sprite department (his art is so adorable) but how about gameplay? From what I've seen it's sort of balanced but can also be easy seeing as how you can take on the final boss with base classes (albeit at a whopping lvl 42-43). It looks like there are elemental affinities in the game, hopefully not too tedious.

1 hour ago, Chapman said:

Imminent bugs aside, how does it fare compared to other indie-RPG Maker games?

It shouldn't be a free game. This is how good it is. The custom system makes some oarts of it rather sluggish because of the way the engine works, but it can't be helped, given how many things were added without relying to the scripts at all. This is the beginning of a NEW GENERATION of omoge! There are four (five) elements: fire, water, sark, light and non-elemental. Some enemies are weak to certain elements and different classes get different skill sets (class levels and character levels are separate things). There are also SPIRITS that can be junctioned to a certain stat of the character, giving them a boost to that stat that depends on the spirit's fullness (if you nyo what I mean) and providing them a certain ability. Rainy's favorite spirit is #10. Probably. Most likely.

3 hours ago, Rukako said:

So many games that I wish were in English *sighs*

PATIENCE.

2 hours ago, GaminDan said:

mobile

The latest RPG Maker, RMMV, is based on abomination called Java, which is inferior to RGSS in every possible way and there's barely any semblance of community, but teeeeeeechnically it means that you can run whatever is made with this crippled engine on a mobile device. If the author compiles it for such a device, of course. By the way, didn't you know that you can run KiriKiri games (like Shikkin series, except GIRL) on phones and tablets that have an actual OS? It's been a thing for quite a while now.

1 hour ago, Lisk said:

It shouldn't be a free game. This is how good it is. The custom system makes some oarts of it rather sluggish because of the way the engine works, but it can't be helped, given how many things were added without relying to the scripts at all. This is the beginning of a NEW GENERATION of omoge! There are four (five) elements: fire, water, sark, light and non-elemental. Some enemies are weak to certain elements and different classes get different skill sets (class levels and character levels are separate things). There are also SPIRITS that can be junctioned to a certain stat of the character, giving them a boost to that stat that depends on the spirit's fullness (if you nyo what I mean) and providing them a certain ability. Rainy's favorite spirit is #10. Probably. Most likely.

Honestly I do believe the battle system is adequate, especially since you can stack healing after every 5 actions. My main concern is probably world traveling, which I should've addressed earlier. Are there moments in which you have to walk from one end of the world to the other or are all main story and side quests in relative proximity to each other that you don't have to spend 10 minutes walking from some place in the middle portion of the game back to a house in the earlier part of the game.

It really is generous of Blue Jellyfish to distribute the game freely and it still surprises me that the thought of making it a sellable product never came to his mind (most likely because it's a niche genre). I would be more than willing to say that it's a masterpiece as a game itself.

Meanwhile  I'm also playing a bit of devil's advocate but in my own view do not agree with any of the points but may be sentiments possibly shared by others, Mojikue being freeware is a fair tradeoff for a 3 years wait that some people have been anticipating for since the first demo release and it could be possible that his attempt at making a game could be an excellent albeit questionable mark on his programming resume. The fact that he did both the art and scripts for the game is in itself outstanding and could get him some big recognition in the programming world, assuming that he learned how to code as a side hobby and not his actual profession (which I'm probably wrong in that case.

Damnit, Lisk and Rainy are getting too far ahead of me. I've only gotten 6 or so spirits, so far. Hit max class level with the min/max classes, for RPG sake (Also because Tomochi jumping around at 80% is the best). Just killed the first of the 4 gods/kings, so still got quite a bit to go.

Also, the fact that this game is free is a crime. It probably shouldn't sell for less than $20, let alone giving it away.

Edited by newp (see edit history)

But let us discuss things.

Here's the translation of the abilities of every familiar, the first step towards refining the interface patch. Note that this is a very literal translation and I'll certainly try to come up with something better for the final version (some of those probably won't fit in the tiny description window anyway), but here goes:

01 Valkyrie Multiplies mass attack damage by 1.3
02 Fuura Multiplies critical attack damage by 2
03 Pele Desperation gauge-based physical attack bonus is greatly increased
04 Nanaha Desperation gauge-based skill bonus is greatly increased
05 Asahi Multiplies the attack power while under Accident condition by 1.3
06 Yuuhi Multiplies the skill power while under Accident condition by 1.3
07 Santa Increases critical hit rate when possessed person needs to pee
08 Prometheus When hydration of possessed person is below 50%, fire-type damage is multiplied by 1.5
09 Neptune When hydration of possessed person is above 100%, water-type damage is multiplied by 1.5
10 Ria When HP of possessed person is 100%, light-type damage is multiplied by 1.5
11 Shiiko (former Kaguya) When HP of possessed person is below 60%, dark-type damage is multiplied by 1.5
12 Fairy Increases all stats when outnumbered by the enemies
13 Mandragora Multiplies counterattack damage by 2.
14 Nekomata Increases evasion and allows to counterattack after evading
15 Phoenix Multiplies fire-type damage by 1.2
16 Omori Multiplies water-type damage by 1.2
17 Pegasus Multiplies light-type damage by 1.2
18 Nightmare Multiplies dark-type damage by 1.2
19 Magical Multiplies fire, water, light and dark damage by 1.1
20 Komainu When someone in the party has an accident, multiplies the possessed person's stats by 1.2
21 Mikan Weak spot damage is further amplified.
22 Dancer Doubles stat gains from cheer dances (only for possessed person)
23 Sweets Multiplies possession stat bonuses of the whole party by 1.5
24 Hanon Doubles the amount of HP the drinks restore to the possessed person.
25 Kotobuki When enemy attack is evaded, restores 20% HP.
26 Succubus When using normal attack, 5% of HP is restored.
27 Carmine Enemy fire-type damage becomes 1.
28 Ikaho Enemy water-type damage becomes 1.
29 Angel Enemy light-type damage becomes 1.
30 Phantom Enemy dark-type damage becomes 1.

I'm not sure whether "becomes 1" means "gets normalized" or "literally becomes 1 point of damage". Probably the former, but who nyos, the only damage-reducing spirit I currently have is Phantom, and Thanatos Hamu is already virtually untouchable.

Next step: spirit descriptions.

It's times like these I wish I knew moon runes. For nostalgia's sake, I replayed the original MojiQuest Demo, but it didn't carry the same feel these images and that video had on them. I feel ashamed that I never tried to learn Moon Runes as I'm missing out on a world of enjoyment. ;_: Anyways, on an slightly unrelated note, I LOVE the choice of BGM they chose for that fight in the video. It really suited it. I'm beginning to wonder if that music's presaved in RPGM-VXA.

I'm sure Lisk (or whoever may choose to) will be forever loved and adored if they would please translate the completed game once it's out. Also, I totally agree with the idea that I'd pay for this game if it wasn't free. Most games on Steam which are done in RPGM are sub-par at best and sold for around £3.99 to £6.99 ($5.20 to $9.12 at the current exchange rate) despite being middling quality, and this far surpasses them.

They are supporting characters. There's two of them, one of them acts pretty often, but is relatively weak, while the other one takes longer to prepare her attack, but hits harder. Neither of them can be attacked, but since they're not shiten shoujo, they can't deliver the finishing blow either (their attack can't reduce the target's HP below 1). But they have their own scenes, as well as special abilities that can (and must) be used outside of combat to progress. Once you meet them, both of them are present in the party at the same time, but only one of them can be used in combat (you can switch them between battles).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately it seems like Aokurage has run into issues with event scripts in RPG Maker XP and is at a halt in the moment in developing Mojique so looks like it'll come out after New Years at the earliest. In the meantime there is something that I am curious about, which is the haunted house/castle part. Is there some sort of gimmick in battles or throughout the map? I remember in version B Game's extracted files, there were some frames of what seemed like a blue skinned version of Samara from the Ring. I was wondering if that had anything to do with the haunted house in the finished game.

I can understand the difficulty of running into technical issues with RPGM and its counterparts, considering I've experienced several myself, even while doing things which should be relatively straightforward, though that may just be down to my complete lack of experience with it and understanding of scripting and event sequencing. While it kills me inside to have to wait for it, I will wait patiently!

I'd love to play the version Chapman mentioned, but I don't understand moonrunes. ;_;

On 13.11.2016 at 6:56 PM, Chapman said:

Unfortunately it seems like Aokurage has run into issues with event scripts in RPG Maker XP and is at a halt in the moment in developing Mojique so looks like it'll come out after New Years at the earliest. In the meantime there is something that I am curious about, which is the haunted house/castle part. Is there some sort of gimmick in battles or throughout the map? I remember in version B Game's extracted files, there were some frames of what seemed like a blue skinned version of Samara from the Ring. I was wondering if that had anything to do with the haunted house in the finished game.

It's not really a house or a castle.

It's a ship.

And the answer is both yes and no.

You have limited visibility because it's dark in there and you have to solve a new type of puzzle, but the battles work the same way they did before. Oh, and that's also the moment where the game introduces the tsukaima (familiar) mechanics.

And there's also Shinigami-chan, but she appears even further down the road. But I still want to take her home!

All of her!

just fyi, the creator posts updates every sunday on his Pixiv account, http://www.pixiv.net/whitecube/user/4207887 . So yeah, this project ain't dead by a longshot.

And Lisk, I'm super hyped that you got an advance copy, I imagine the creator gave you one because they knew of your translation skills and wanted to let you go ahead and work on translation? If so, that's super thoughtful and awesome of them. :D

11 hours ago, KnightofStars said:

And Lisk, I'm super hyped that you got an advance copy, I imagine the creator gave you one because they knew of your translation skills and wanted to let you go ahead and work on translation? If so, that's super thoughtful and awesome of them. :D

Well, he is aware (and happy ^_^) about the translation, but he mostly needed people to playtest what's already done and was giving it to anyone who wanted to participate because he's a super cool person like that ^_^. And to a great success, too - there were TWELVE patches that fixed minor, but annoying things that have no place in such a top-tier quality project.

To sum things up, the main plotline is already finished, so you can play the game from start to finish, but there's no ending and he's is still working on side quests and minor character scenes (Sharu Sharu~) with no signs of giving up.

Now, about the (future (possible)) translation. The interface is already finished and is not a subject of change, so I'll start with that, but even that won't happen until the end of this year, regardless of whether the final version will be released or not. You know how busy job-related things can get by the end of the year >_<. Theeen it will take some time to port things that's already there (there's already a couple of differences), fill the gaps where the new scenes are added, and then to move on to the actual new content. So take it easy, wait warmly, follow AK on Twitter and fav his Pixiv ^_^.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, so just wanna confirm. The class system, that's the different outfits I assume? So there's no way to use them in the current game right? Cuz...I might've delved into the game's files and found the status screen images for those special outfits, and our heroines in some wet situations in them. I assume those were just packed in cuz the creator had them already made?

2 hours ago, KnightofStars said:

Hey, so just wanna confirm. The class system, that's the different outfits I assume? So there's no way to use them in the current game right? Cuz...I might've delved into the game's files and found the status screen images for those special outfits, and our heroines in some wet situations in them. I assume those were just packed in cuz the creator had them already made?

You unlock the option to change classes when you reach a certain point in the game (I forget exactly when, but it's somewhere in between finding Komu and Takoyaki joining the party). The only downside is, once you change to a class, you can't change again, until said class reaches level 5, and because every class has different abilities, you have to unlock said abilities for every class, individually.

hl7x0q4.png

4kHioDk.png

Edited by newp (see edit history)