put name here

SUPPORT MOBILE AGAIN

6 posts in this topic

I'm tired of not being able to watch vids on my IPad mini >:( though OmoOrg was better this way, some of us people can't afford a better computer!!

I'm not sure what you mean by support mobile "again," OmoOrg's old mobile template was terrible and lacked most of the desktop sites functionality.

OmoOrg only gained real mobile compatibility with the new responsive template system, and this would have no impact on your ability to watch videos from the site on your iPhone regardless.

If you want help, you're going to have to provide some information about your actual issue.

It's an IOS thing. You can't download and watch the videos on either safari or chrome. I'm assuming that this is an iOS issue and not a site issue as the rest of the site works great.  

You can use other, non-traditional browsing apps, such as Goodreader to do the download, but it's video playback is balls. Luckily from Goodread you can send the videos to VLC, upload to the cloud, etc. 

So, for iOS, use good reader (or some other app that has robust file download abilities) and then send the files to VLC. 

@put name here TV guy's response is dead on and the TL;DR if you didn't understand is that this isn't an omorashi.org problem it's an apple problem. Try an android next time, they work with earbuds too! ;D

If it is an iOS issue, then why do sites like Youtube and Tumblr still function as before?

I think the issue lies in the Mime-type omo.org uses to serve the video files. It seems to be of the wrong type (octetstream) instead of the correct video one. If this is the case, a fix would be easily implemented and won't hurt the other webclients people use.