Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Well, oops

I actually wanted to go to sleep early-ish, as today is the first day of school for me. Everything went as planned and I found myself trying to fall asleep around 12. That's when I started panicking whether I'd actually be able to get up in time. Basically I prevented myself from sleeping by trying to avoid oversleeping. Long story short: I didn't sleep at all

1 hour ago, Beatrix said:

Don't say that hun, shit happens and sometimes you just can't sleep. Don't worry, I hope things went okay for you x

Aww, thank you :3

Actually the day did quote go well, except for my entire body hurting in the evening as I had sore muscles. Also, I reeeeeaaaaallly was tired. I slept nicely that night, tho

I really do know the feeling. I always struggle to get to sleep for the first of a run of early starts. I begin by worrying that I've not set my alarm (several on my phone, and the one on my watch as a backup), then I worry that I'll somehow sleep through it (only done it once that I can remember - woke up enough to turn off all my alarms, then must've dropped off again), then it just turns into clock watching and worrying that I'll be too tired in the morning (which is, of course, a self-fulfilling prophecy) before eventually dropping off a couple of hours before wakey-time.

I do, at least, sleep really well the next night, because I'm just so tired when I go to bed!

On 15.8.2016 at 0:27 AM, homeanddry said:

I really do know the feeling. I always struggle to get to sleep for the first of a run of early starts. (...)

This is my exact problem. A couple years ago I usually overslept, thus I was late for school. I also am not able to fall asleep well, which makes oversleeping even more likely to happen. Can't wait to graduate actually. Then I finally have time to sleep all the hours that I couldn't get during school time