119 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2016 at 9:33 PM, theHindrew said:

I'm imagining how well a hillary car would go down at a NASCAR race in Texas. 

I just don't think it's right, no matter if it's Douche or Turd, neither has a place on a race car.  But, what burns me most was that the 98 car withdrew, to guarantee it's teammate car, the Douche car, would make the field.  That's a lot of campaign donations there, folks, just to see Mr. Giant Douche get a few hours of advertisement.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and nice couple of wins for Johnny Sauter in NCWTS.  While I'm actually pulling for Byron, because he's impressed the hell out of me, it's nice to see a veteran driver having some success, even if it is Sauter.  Living in WI, I've been watching Johnny (well, all of the Sauters, really) race, and dominate, at the Milwaukee Mile for years.  Even though he's kind of...um...like Kyle Busch used to be sometimes, I still pull for him as a home-state driver, same way I do for Matt Kenseth. 

Dad and I happened to pass by Ross Kenseth while we were down in the pits before an ARCA race once.  He was working on his Aaron's Dream Machine, by himself, and was not very happy.  He informed us that his car was a piece of shit.  I felt bad when he failed to qualify.  John Hunter Nemechek turned in the fastest time that evening, in the second session of qualifying, but someone else got the pole.  Chase Elliott ran at or near the front nearly the entire race, but Johnny Sauter won it.

I guess you've figured out I really like watching the sons of the drivers I grew up watching.  Sometimes it's sad, though.  For every Chase Elliott, there's a Steven Wallace.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, naughty_lucy420 said:

I just don't think it's right, no matter if it's Douche or Turd, neither has a place on a race car.  But, what burns me most was that the 98 car withdrew, to guarantee it's teammate car, the Douche car, would make the field.  That's a lot of campaign donations there, folks, just to see Mr. Giant Douche get a few hours of advertisement.

Ok, that just sucks.  Normally I wouldn't wish ill on a car, but I really hope it goes up in smoke about 6 laps in.  Though if it does, that lying orange schmuk'll be saying it won on Monday.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, naughty_lucy420 said:

I just don't think it's right, no matter if it's Douche or Turd, neither has a place on a race car.  But, what burns me most was that the 98 car withdrew, to guarantee it's teammate car, the Douche car, would make the field.  That's a lot of campaign donations there, folks, just to see Mr. Giant Douche get a few hours of advertisement.

I fully agree.

6 hours ago, theHindrew said:

Ok, that just sucks.  Normally I wouldn't wish ill on a car, but I really hope it goes up in smoke about 6 laps in.  Though if it does, that lying orange schmuk'll be saying it won on Monday.  

I'm hoping for a parade lap engine failure on the 55 car.

Yes the orange furred Douche bag will either claim it won or that the race was rigged! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No William Byron in the Truck Chase :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone cares, I have to fortune of attending the Phoenix Cup Race tomorrow with my dad and step mom. I happen to live in Phoenix, and I have been doing well at my job, so I decided to splurge on a ticket, and my family decided to as well. We have tickets right at the start/finish line about 13 rows up or so. I'm sure it will be quite the party. This will be my 3rd Cup Race. I saw Tony Stewart win his 2nd championship at Homestead in 2005 when I was 13; I believe Greg Biffle won the race. I also went to Phoenix in 2011 (drinking heavily despite being underage as I grew out my facial hair and nobody questioned me LOL) when Carl Edwards won (couldn't see the backflip very well though, as we were seated in turn one).

Anyway, hoping for a good race tomorrow. Very excited!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, poads said:

If anyone cares, I have to fortune of attending the Phoenix Cup Race tomorrow with my dad and step mom. I happen to live in Phoenix, and I have been doing well at my job, so I decided to splurge on a ticket, and my family decided to as well. We have tickets right at the start/finish line about 13 rows up or so. I'm sure it will be quite the party. This will be my 3rd Cup Race. I saw Tony Stewart win his 2nd championship at Homestead in 2005 when I was 13; I believe Greg Biffle won the race. I also went to Phoenix in 2011 (drinking heavily despite being underage as I grew out my facial hair and nobody questioned me LOL) when Carl Edwards won (couldn't see the backflip very well though, as we were seated in turn one).

Anyway, hoping for a good race tomorrow. Very excited!

I care!  That's quite an opportunity!  Have fun today!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@poadsyow saw an extraordinary race, and I hope you enjoyed very minute of it, and had a very safe pre and post race. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of people were rooting for Bowman to pull off the upset. Crowd got very excited when Kenseth wrecked. Very exciting, and cool to see Bowman lead much of the race. From what I could tell Logano had the best overall combination of skill and equipment. Bowman had the fastest car on the track, but Logano was able to get the win thanks to his great driving and superb strategy. While Bowman led more laps than the #22 driver, Logano was able to keep up pace with him all day - Kenseth was also a top 3 car, but wrecked obviously. These 3 were simply the class of the field. I think Logano knew throughout much of the day that he was faster - and could pass - Bowman, but Logano instead chose to run 2nd throughout much of the race until sealing the win at the end. Logano was actually pressuring Bowman pretty heavily at first, but eventually he backed off, content to save his car and his mental game for a late push. He ultimately saved his equipment and his energy nicely to give him the best chance at a win, and it paid off. Bowman - it struck me like he was driving his heart out the entire race; he has to prove he can compete for top 5s and wins in decent equipment, or else he'll never be a contender in the Cup series. Unfortunately, this drive hard strategy left him with less energy and few surprises at the end. He couldn't even manage a top 5. Kenseth was in contention thanks to his strategy; he had a good car, but not as good as Bowman's, as Bowman was actually catching Kenseth late before that caution with McDowell happened. It's a shame what happened to Kenseth though, as he essentially had that race in the bag. I have to give Logano credit though; he played Bowman beautifully, and he picked which battles to fight. He saved his car and his stamina for when he needed it the most. I think Logano is poised for a strong championship run next week at Homestead.

Overall, I had a really good time. Saw some family, we ended up meeting with some family friends and tailgating most of the day. Since this is an omorashi forum, I guess I can mention that there were lots of long lines for bathrooms for both genders. People were drinking water/alcohol heavily, and it's a situation where using the facilities is often a major inconvenience - the grandstands were at times tightly packed, and in order for you to get out, other people had to move as well. So a lot of people were waiting for others to take their own breaks rather than get up and go at first need. Couple that with the fact that it's Phoenix and everyone is trying to stay hydrated, I'm sure some people were very desperate. I myself took 2 pees in crowded restrooms that lasted around 90 seconds each. Other guys were in there equally as long. The line for the women's room was very long at times. I saw a few girls bouncing like they needed to go, but nothing too serious or anything, not that I was really looking. I spent most of the race just staring as the cars passed, captivated by the loud repetitive buzz of cars zooming by the start/finish line and following some races for the lead. Like I said, Bowman and Logano had some great battles that demanded attention. Still, it's not every day I go to a super crowded event like this, so you never know what you will see.

Edited by poads
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@poads  That sounded like a wonderful time!  Surprised at the restroom lines, when I was in Phoenix (just in the city, not the track), I found it practically impossible to fill my bladder!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I've been in Phoenix staying adequately hydrated was the problem, not filling bladders. Phoenix was very deceptive; it was very hot but the humidity was so low we lost so much and cooled through sweating we had to be reminded to drink water. I was at a meeting of top level biologists very few of whom came from desert regions, and at every morning session we were told that all the people coughing was a sign of dry throats and we needed to drink more of the water the meeting organizers provided free of charge. The only time a full bladder was an issue was after many hours in air condtioned meeting rooms from which I did not move for hours.

The people at the race had to have understood very well the necessity for proper hydration.

From watching on tv I thought Bowman did very well and it was more pit strategy and then Kenseth coming down on him that cost him the race. I also was certain  Busch not Logano was in the lead when the final yellow came out.  

Edited by scinosensation
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, in Phoenix right now, it is hot, but not that hot. Actually almost perfect with most days being in the 70s and 80s. Nascar is smart and knows not to host a race at Phoenix in the summer, when temperatures can easily reach 120 degrees Fahrenheit. I know I was a little bit desperate to go at 2 different points throughout the race. I was drinking a lot of beer and water though. I can't speak for other people, simply because I did not ask!

And you're right scinosensation, Bowman lost his lead in the pits if I recall, and his car wasn't as dominant in dirty air. Logano put himself in the best possible position to win, and it paid off. He had a great car, plus he was one of the best drivers on the track that day. I'd say Logano was the 2nd best driver out there after Kenseth. It was hard not to feel bad for Kenseth afterwards, but at the time everyone in the grandstand was ecstatic - I think mostly because everyone wanted to see Bowman win. For me, a Bowman win would have been exciting because you don't often get to see a first time winner in Nascar Cup. Other people might have been stoked for the fact that he was in Earnhardt Jr.'s car. The cool part about Logano winning though was that he raced his way into the championship finals at Homestead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2016 at 7:59 PM, LucyVersion2.0 said:

No William Byron in the Truck Chase :(

But he won today!  Sauter finished third and won the championship. Crafton finished 7th followed by Bell and Peters. I do not like this one race championship thing.

 

The cup race will be interesting. Harvick on pole, Kyle Busch 9th Edwards 10th Logano 13th Johnson 14th. How many people will Logano take out? I do not like this one race championship thing.

Edited by scinosensation
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scinosensation said:

But he won today!  Sauter finished third and won the championship. Crafton finished 7th followed by Bell and Peters. I do not like this one race championship thing.

 

The cup race will be interesting. Harvick on pole, Kyle Busch 9th Edwards 10th Logano 13th Johnson 14th. How many people will Logano take out? I do not like this one race championship thing.

I don't either; it doesn't work for this sport, and it's not fair to the drivers.  Byron won rookie of the year, big whoop, he should have won it all.  Logano is a douche; I was never a fan, but ever since he injured Hamlin and didn't contact him until the media reported he hadn't, I've given him the title of Biggest Douche in NASCAR.  I'll be happy if any of the other three win.  I'd even like to see Johnson get another title before Logano getting one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LucyVersion2.0 said:

I don't either; it doesn't work for this sport, and it's not fair to the drivers.  Byron won rookie of the year, big whoop, he should have won it all.  Logano is a douche; I was never a fan, but ever since he injured Hamlin and didn't contact him until the media reported he hadn't, I've given him the title of Biggest Douche in NASCAR.  I'll be happy if any of the other three win.  I'd even like to see Johnson get another title before Logano getting one.

I feel the same way for the same reasons. I don't like Edwards either, so doe me it's either Busch (Brat) or Johnson (Arrogant smug). I'm rooting for Harvick to win the race, the highest chase driver to finish around 25th.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, scinosensation said:

 I'm rooting for Harvick to win the race, the highest chase driver to finish around 25th.

Haha!  Same here!  I think Harvick would actually be at the top right now, with classic points standings.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2016 at 11:44 AM, LucyVersion2.0 said:

Haha!  Same here!  I think Harvick would actually be at the top right now, with classic points standings.

Did you see that? How did Johnson do that?

 

Jayski had not posted like he usually does; after Texas Harvick would have had the most points, 1083, with Kez in second, Logano in third. Johnson would have been 9th 124 pts back; eliminated

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scinosensation said:

Did you see that? How did Johnson do that?

The man is a legend :)  We have just witnessed history, something no driver may ever accomplish again.  Granted, he did it all under the Chase format, but it's seven championships just the same.  I think he has it in him to potentially win another, or even two more.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you can look at the overall results under the new chase format and fairly compare them to a non-chase type season. The strategy is going to be different now with less focus on overall points and more on wins, especially at Hendrick who know they can get into the chase on wins.  I like the format and make no excuses. a single race that really counts for the drama it produces.  For example, yesterday!  

So sad about Edwards, but the guy's a class act.  Happy for Jimmie though, especially nice since he started at the back. Also amazed none of the pit crew really messed up.  Well, that jack man slipped, but no penalties. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2016 at 9:25 PM, LucyVersion2.0 said:
16 hours ago, theHindrew said:

I don't think you can look at the overall results under the new chase format and fairly compare them to a non-chase type season. The strategy is going to be different now with less focus on overall points and more on wins, especially at Hendrick who know they can get into the chase on wins.  I like the format and make no excuses. a single race that really counts for the drama it produces.  For example, yesterday!  

So sad about Edwards, but the guy's a class act.  Happy for Jimmie though, especially nice since he started at the back. Also amazed none of the pit crew really messed up.  Well, that jack man slipped, but no penalties. 

Very true on all counts. Edwards certainly showed an enormous amount of class in what could realistically be his last chance at a title.

If the title were decided on points alone it would look like this:

IMHO Harvick has earned some recognition

POS

CAR

DRIVER

POINTS

1

4

KEVIN HARVICK

1160

2

22

JOEY LOGANO

1139

3

2

BRAD KESELOWSKI

1089

4

18

KYLE BUSCH

1106

5

11

DENNY HAMLIN

1087

6

41

KURT BUSCH

1055

7

19

CARL EDWARDS

1008

7

48

JIMMIE JOHNSON

1008

9

20

MATT KENSETH

999

10

78

MARTIN TRUEX JR

993

11

24

CHASE ELLIOTT

967

12

42

KYLE LARSON

933

13

1

JAMIE MCMURRAY

907

14

3

AUSTIN DILLON

902

15

5

KASEY KAHNE

898

16

31

RYAN NEWMAN

895

Edited by scinosensation
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chase format has not been kind to Harvick, seeing as he could have 3 Championships and the one he won was the one under this format that he really shouldn't have gotten in 2014.  But he could have titles in 2010, 2015, and 2016 under the 36 race points format.

The move to SHR was a huge shot in the arm for his career.  Hopefully SHR becoming a Ford team next year doesn't mess with his running well the last few years.

And even though I'm no fan of Jimmie's, I'm glad his jackman seems to have suffered no ill effects of stepping and slipping on the lugnuts during that pit stop.That's a scary and dangerous thing that can happen every pit stop and it's fortunate it doesn't happen more often or cause more injuries.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2016 at 5:16 PM, tsporty1 said:

The Chase format has not been kind to Harvick, seeing as he could have 3 Championships and the one he won was the one under this format that he really shouldn't have gotten in 2014.  But he could have titles in 2010, 2015, and 2016 under the 36 race points format.

 

That's exactly why I don't like the Chase.  You don't end up with the most dominant driver, the best driver, as champion; you end up with the luckiest driver.  The format allows for almost unlimited screw-ups during the regular season (provided the driver has at least one win, and stays in the top 30 in points), but woe if he has one bad finish in the last ten races of the season, his championship dreams are over.  The final four this year were definitely not the four most dominant drivers this season, with the exception of Logano, and maybe Kyle Busch. 

Thank you for posting the chart of the old points, @scinosensation :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea where Biffle's going to end up next season?  I'm not surprised he left Roush, that team's been on the downslide for years.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I half expect him to be out of NASCAR.

My question is where will Bowman end up?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, scinosensation said:

I half expect him to be out of NASCAR.

My question is where will Bowman end up?

That is also a good question.  I've only been able to find rumors of Bowman ending up with H Scott Motorsports, if they form an alliance with Hendrick.  Biffle is rumored for that ride, too.  Biffle could also end up in the 44 with RPM.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites