Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or not, haha.  I'm just wondering if there are any other fans out there.  If you are into NASCAR, who are your favorite drivers right now?  Favorite tracks/races?  How long have you been into it?

I've been into NASCAR since 1986, when I started watching with my dad, and I got hooked right away.  Before long, I knew more about it than he did.  My favorite driver was Rusty, and I actually got to meet him once when I was a kid and he ran in a race at my local track.  Of course, the races at the Milwaukee Mile are my favorites, because they're the only ones I've ever experienced live.  Favorite tracks are Bristol, Martinsville, Pocono, and Talladega.  My current favorite drivers are:  Tony Stewart (amazing comeback!), Chase Elliott, Ryan Blaney, Martin Truex Jr., and Kyle Busch.  I didn't used to like Kyle Busch until I realized who his driving style and skills reminded me of:  The late, great, Dale Earnhardt.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Ward is 100% at fault.   @naughty_lucy420, every point you made is correct.  He had no business jumping out of his car, wearing a black fire suit on a poorly lit track, no matter how mad he

Agreed on both points! On the Chase...  The reason I don't like it is that it doesn't really support drivers who are consistent all season long, which is basically what you said.  It's been a pee

Ok, that just sucks.  Normally I wouldn't wish ill on a car, but I really hope it goes up in smoke about 6 laps in.  Though if it does, that lying orange schmuk'll be saying it won on Monday.  

Posted Images

Yep.  Been a Kevin Harvick fan since 2001 and was a Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan before that.  Other than Harvick, I like Smoke and pull for Kyle Larson to do well. 

My favorite tracks are Phoenix, Bristol, Richmond, and the restrictor plate tracks if NASCAR uses a good aero package for the plate races.  I've been to a couple races at Auto Club Speedway, and took a few laps at Watkins Glen when they had open track and not too much money got you 3 laps on the long course.  I'd like to see a race at the Glen when I have extra money to do so, as well as go to races at Darlington and the tracks I listed earlier.

14 minutes ago, tsporty1 said:

Yep.  Been a Kevin Harvick fan since 2001 and was a Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan before that.  Other than Harvick, I like Smoke and pull for Kyle Larson to do well. 

My favorite tracks are Phoenix, Bristol, Richmond, and the restrictor plate tracks if NASCAR uses a good aero package for the plate races.  I've been to a couple races at Auto Club Speedway, and took a few laps at Watkins Glen when they had open track and not too much money got you 3 laps on the long course.  I'd like to see a race at the Glen when I have extra money to do so, as well as go to races at Darlington and the tracks I listed earlier.

Hooray!  Finally, another NASCAR fan!  I've always liked Harvick, too.  I'm all about Tony this year, though, since it's his last, and he's going out as a dominant driver, more dominant than I've seen him in years.  Granted, it's not as spectacular as what Kyle pulled off last year, but it's up there.  He's going to make the Chase, I don't see him falling out of the top 30 any time soon.  Really awesome you go to take some laps at the Glen, and see some races, too, though not at the Glen.  Now that I have paid vacation, dad and I have been talking about joining a tour group for a Bristol race weekend if it's not too crazy expensive. 

I think we talked about this on FL once.  I'm a fan, but no cable and the move to NBCSN means I don't get to watch much anymore.  I'm still an Edwards fan, but I have a soft spot for Truex and (I almost hate to admit this), Ky Busch.  I love the short tracks and road courses best, but I'm more about the race and the fight vs. the course, but I do love the short track jostling. Also, there's something amusing about watching these guys push big basic cars around a road course. I've been talking to friends about going to Bristol, that's a track on my bucket list along with the Glen as that's pretty close to me, but we'll see.  I'm sad I won't get to see the race at Homestead live this year, the past few years have spoiled me. 

6 hours ago, theHindrew said:

I think we talked about this on FL once.  I'm a fan, but no cable and the move to NBCSN means I don't get to watch much anymore.  I'm still an Edwards fan, but I have a soft spot for Truex and (I almost hate to admit this), Ky Busch.  I love the short tracks and road courses best, but I'm more about the race and the fight vs. the course, but I do love the short track jostling. Also, there's something amusing about watching these guys push big basic cars around a road course. I've been talking to friends about going to Bristol, that's a track on my bucket list along with the Glen as that's pretty close to me, but we'll see.  I'm sad I won't get to see the race at Homestead live this year, the past few years have spoiled me. 

No reason to be ashamed of being a Kyle Busch fan these days; over the past few years, he's really grown, both on and off the track. 

33 minutes ago, theHindrew said:

Does that mean he's wrecking less this year?  That guy can push a car though traffic like few others. 

He's not afraid to race, and do what it takes to win, so sometimes he does wreck.  However, no driver out there today can save an out of control race car from wrecking as well as he can.  The last time we talked, I may have had nothing but bad to say about Kyle, but I changed my tune.  I have a lot of respect for him.  What he did last season was incredible, and will probably never be repeated.  He'll win another title, or few, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been much of a sports fan, but I love Nascar and Hockey. I only like listening to them on the radio, though. With both, I've watched a game or race on TV and found it really boring but later I've listened to the same race or game and it was a world of difference. I'm pretty big into radio dramas so this could simply be an extension of that.

Somehow there is just a certain excitement that comes from listening to a race. Maybe its just that instead of being given the race on a silver platter by seeing it you're forced to picture it. Imagination is a powerful tool.

I don't really have a favorite driver or track. In truth, I am a very casual fan I'm really just listening for the experience and the excitement. I do my best not to miss a race though.

2 hours ago, Rubic13 said:

I've never been much of a sports fan, but I love Nascar and Hockey. I only like listening to them on the radio, though. With both, I've watched a game or race on TV and found it really boring but later I've listened to the same race or game and it was a world of difference. I'm pretty big into radio dramas so this could simply be an extension of that.

Somehow there is just a certain excitement that comes from listening to a race. Maybe its just that instead of being given the race on a silver platter by seeing it you're forced to picture it. Imagination is a powerful tool.

I don't really have a favorite driver or track. In truth, I am a very casual fan I'm really just listening for the experience and the excitement. I do my best not to miss a race though.

Sometimes I prefer the radio, too, less commercials, no Nationwide Dale Jr. updates (well, we haven't been getting those anyway, with him out injured).

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, tsporty1 said:

I'm not a Jr. fan at all, but it's kind of disappointing him bring out the test of the year.  

That's one thing I can relate to is this concussion symptoms. They sometimes go away for long periods, but sometimes are very persistent.

I'm glad he is taking the time to take care of himself and not endangering anyone on the track.

I support Dale 100%, I think he's doing the right thing for his health, and hell, it's nice to see Jeff back.

The Chase grid is set!  Congratulations to ALL of the drivers who've made the cut, especially Larson, Buescher, Elliott, and Austin Dillon, who've made the field for the first time, and Johnson, who's never failed to make the Chase!

Courtesy of jayski.com:

1) #18-Kyle Busch, 9th time, 4 wins
2) #2-Brad Keselowski, 5th time in Chase, 4 wins
3) #11-Denny Hamlin, 10th time, 3 wins
4) #4-Kevin Harvick, 10th time, 2 wins
5) #19-Carl Edwards, 9th time, 2 wins
6) #78-Martin Truex Jr., 4th time, 2 wins
7) #20-Matt Kenseth, 12th time, 2 wins
8) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 13th time, 2 wins
9) #22-Joey Logano, 4th time, 1 win
10) #42-Kyle Larson, 1st time, 1 win
11) #14-Stewart, 8th time, 1 win
12) #41-Kurt Busch, 10th time, 1 win
13) #34-Buescher, 1st time, 1 win
14) #24-Elliott, 1st time, 0 wins
15) #3-Dillon, 1st time, 0 wins
16) #1-Jamie McMurray, 2nd time, 0 wins

1 hour ago, theHindrew said:

Anyone want to change their mind after Chicago.  That was a tough (but unsurprising) break for Elliot. Interesting to see the Hendricks cars competitive, looks like some folks got their game together. Gonna be exciting.   

Well, it looks like the 78 and 48 will be docked some points, most likely 15 and 10 respectively.  However, the 78 is still locked in to the next round.  If the 48 has bad luck again, he's definitely at risk of not making that first cut again. 

So, currently, my first four out would be 48, 34, 1, and 42.  I'm firm on the 34, he's already trailing the 15th place car by ten points.

58 minutes ago, theHindrew said:

The 78 seems to have a real problem with post race inspection. im hoping he gets to the final round though.  And the 34 seems like a safe bet for elimination. 

I'd like to see the 78 win it.  I can't remember the last time a single car team won the championship, and what they've been able to do has been amazing.  Very unfortunate about the post-race inspection fails.

11 minutes ago, tsporty1 said:

I think Alan Kulwicki was the last single car team to win the Championship back in 1992. 

It's funny that 15th is just 2 points out (until penalties for the 48 and 78 are announced). 

Jimmie Johnson should rebound decently.  He tends to do well at Loudon and Dover.

My goodness, it's been that long...  And Kulwicki was also the last owner/driver to win a championship until Stewart did it in 2011.