Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

For the Dark Gods! [Warhammer 40k - Black Crusade]

Once the cultists had a few minutes to recover from the ritual, Aurelia and Julia made their way upstairs. The second floor was split into two major areas, the offices - With a security room and the manager's office - and a lounge. It lacked the arrays of speakers that bracketed the stage on the ground floor, and contained more comfortable furnishings, as well as a smaller stage. All in all, the lounge appeared to be an area for high-paying customers.

Though, the decor could have been better. The walls were painted a bland shade of tan, and the floor tiles an ugly, mosaic design.

Shaking her head at the awful colour scheme, Aurelia entered the office and pulled a chair around the back of the desk, letting Julia slip by to get into the desk chair.

After a peck on the cheek, of course.

Julia giggled as she booted up the cogitator.

"Okay, this guy was kinda asking for this to happen to him," she remarked with a frown as the cogitator skipped right past the usual password input and straight to the file explorer, "Zero security measures. I'll fix that when we rename the user profile. At least it's on a closed network..."

Aurelia leaned in and watched Julia work, scooting her chair over to rest her head on her girlfriend's shoulder.

"We need a look at business history, staff, and any other contacts." The psyker remarked as Julia leafed through various folders.

"Can't see anything relating to profits or operating costs quite yet," Julia responded, "But here's a list of pre-existing staff. Seems like our sacrifice had some pretty meticulous notes, so at least he wasn't a complete failure."

---------STAFF---------

Dancers:

Alyssa Kalinin [Has seniority over most of the other girls, Very attractive and draws a lot of customers. Though pious, it doesn't seem to do her any favours in popularity. Have heard complaints, customers seem to believe she should be in a convent, not a ladies' club.]

Rianne Hunter [Youngest girl on staff, and least experienced. Makes up for her smaller proportions by performing far better on-stage than pretty much all of our other girls. Energetic, takes extra care to pray with some of the others at the shrine in the back.]

Eva [Took her in off the street. No known relations, but the cog-heads that evaluated her say she's at least twenty years old. Not a fantastic dancer, and shockingly naive, but works hard]

Waitresses:

Linda Krohn [Top tip earning waitress. Flirts with customers frequently... Unfortunately, may have to let her go, solid evidence that she is violating our 'No touching' policy in the private booths.]

Kayla [Charity case. Was homeless and a thief, convinced Enforcers to let me take her in. Refuses prayer sessions with everybody. Worried she might fall back into old ways.]

Other Talent:

Meredith Cross [Fantastic musical talent, plays classic Terran instruments. Our only lounge entertainer since the walkout.]

-----------------------

"Walkout, huh?" Aurelia quirked an eyebrow. "Think you can look for that?"

Julia nodded, "I can give it a try. Let me print out the detailed information for the staff and I can get on that. I'll even print the floor plan along with it, so you can work with the other two."

Aurelia grinned and leaned in, planting another kiss on Julia's cheek before standing up to grab the paper that had begun to leave the printer.

"I think I scored a pretty great girlfriend. Smart, adventurous, cute... With a fierce side in bed." The psyker remarked with a chuckle.

Julia flushed at the compliments, especially the last point. "Y-you should stop flattering me and start working on our new club." Julia insisted, "If you stay here with me, neither of us will get anything done."

"Is that so?" Aurelia smirked as she recieved the last of the papers and made her way out of the office.

To her surprise, Scarlet was waiting for her at the foot of the staircase.

"I see you've gathered most of the records, then?" The redhead ventured as Aurelia reached the bottom and made her way to the nearest table, laying all of the papers out.

"Yeah. Just need to go through them. Would appreciate your input on that, actually."

Scarlet smiled warmly and took a seat across from her cult-leader.

"Looks like the staff got quite heavily reduced. All of these girls are familiar faces."

Her eyes fell on Alyssa's profile, and she frowned.

"She's going to be nothing but trouble. Rianne, as well. Both are serious corpse-worshippers, and the last thing we need inside our cult HQ is a pair of girls that will run to the nearest temple and cry heresy."

Aurelia nodded in agreement. She had seen the old manager's commentary on both, and had intended to cut them loose anyway. She tore their profiles to pieces with a heavy sigh. "We're going to be understaffed for a while. Judging by the fact there was something written about a walkout, it seems like business isn't exactly booming. We'll need to change a lot, and it might take a while for this place to draw more customers in, even then."

Scarlet gathered the papers up and took her own closer look. After a few minutes of quiet, she looked back up at the patiently waiting psyker and placed the profiles down.

"I can put a bit more detail into these profiles. For simplicity, I'll write down what I know about each girl, and give a grade on various things, as well as my recommendations for what position to place them in. I can even make up profiles for Cloran, Julia and myself while I'm at it."

Aurelia was impressed with Scarlet's initiative.

"Excellent. Please, get to work on that immediately, I'm going to need to talk with Cloran about removing a shrine to the false emperor, amongst other things."

"I'm on it, Aurelia."

Cloran was easy to find, one only needed to follow the sound of a saw cutting through metal.

The small, teal-haired techie was joyously cutting away at the shrine Aurelia intended to ask her to destroy. It brought a smile to the cult-leader's face.

"Need somethin', Goldie?" Cloran chriped, powering down the saw so she could safely turn away from it.

"I intended to ask you to remove that shrine. You beat me to the punch." Aurelia remarked with an incredulous shake of her head.

"Can't stand all of this gaudy gold and brass. I'm doing the universe a favour." Cloran giggled, "So, aside from that, whatcha need, bosslady?"

Aurelia waved her sole remaining paper in front of her. "We have the plans for the building here. You're going to be in charge of working on renovations, as well as any repairs, replacements and upgrades we want to make."

The psyker swore she saw an ocean of joy glimmering in Cloran's eyes.

"In charge of renovation, restoration, and redecoration? If you were a Magos, I would've never left the machine cult. This is awesome!" Cloran brushed the metal powder from her clothes, removed her work gloves and flipped up her protective visor. (Somehow, she had wrangled all of these things from the storage, Aurelia imagined.)

Not wanting to hold back the hopeful and excited technician, Aurelia handed the plans over. Cloran's eyes scanned the layout like an auspex might scan a battleground, and soon she was nodding to herself, muttering various things under her breath.

"I'll let you two get acquainted, then." Aurelia teased over her shoulder as she turned to leave. Cloran grunted an affirmative and lazily waved.

-----

There remains one more post. It will be OOC, a complete list of detailed profiles for the existing staff, as well as Scarlet's profiles for our devious quartet. In addition, it will contain the list of current assets for the club, upgrades, and a Focus for the club to, well, focus on. Multiple options that, when selected, will cover what the staff is primarily trying to improve or change for the next week. We're in it for the long haul, and there's plenty of plot still unexplored.

On a side note, I'm going to stop promising followups that I can't keep, It's a bad habit, and I'd rather not get reader hopes up for content that I might not have time to finish in a given time frame. I do, however, intend to update this thread at least four times a week, with either single or multiple posts - Though real life issues may interfere, I will at least be in the thread to discuss things or answer questions that don't involve spoilers. ;P

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For some time now, I've bounced around the idea of a story in the 40k universe with omo elements, and after some consideration, I decided to give this a whirl! This thread will be about the trial

Aurelia kicked her legs, sitting on a tree stump as her new... Companion... Chopped firewood as if it were toothpicks. The duo had been sent, at no small cost in resources, apparently, to bring a worl

Julia scrambled to get her desk organized while Aurelia put together a new plan in her mind, based around Julia's usefulness. After a minute of frenzied packing, Julia closed her purse and threw

MANAGAMENT TIME!

After the completion of any objectives, or a sufficient time has passed, I will be posting regarding cult management.

Various roles will need to be filled, with various characters fitting those roles better or worse.

Aside from the effect of cultist suitability for a role or task, unique characteristics, personality or skills may have an effect.

Additionally, completing jobs or objectives will provide resources that can be used to improve the HQ. Not all upgrades will require resources, but most will require funds - Thankfully, the club will be bringing in money (Based again on who is doing what job), so there will be pretty steady improvement given enough time.

Having various characters in various roles will have myriad effects. From bonus resources, to new cultists, to character injury, to accidents. - It is worthwhile to explore different roles given the chance, and even a poorly skilled character will have a chance to improve, despite the higher chance problems occurring.

With that out of the way, management begins!

Week 1

Funds: 1000 Thrones

Upkeep: 800 Thrones/week

Resources: Cleaning Supplies, Gold from destroyed Shrine to the Emperor.

Club Upgrades Available: Basic Security (The club is woefully badly protected. This can be remedied with cameras, new locks and a secure cogitator network. Requires: 250 Thrones), Renovate Stage (At current, the stage and front end of the club are almost painfully dull. Customers come for the girls, yes, but prettying up the club will improve the relatively poor reputation the previous owner left it with. Requires 400 Thrones ).

Club Upgrades to be Unlocked: Expand Restrooms (Given that the club serves drinks and operates a considerable amount of time, it could greatly benefit from an expansion - Currently, there is only a single two-stall restroom, but the modular plumbing and excess storage space can be used to make the number more respectable. Requires: Customer or Staff accidents x2, Costs 300 Thrones.), Cater to Kinks (Will narrow intended audience - Decrease overall customer draw, increase in profits, as remaining and/or new customers are willing to pay more for a theme that caters to their preferences. Requires: Basic Security, Renovate Stage. UNLOCKS VARIOUS THEMES AND UNIFORMS. PERMANENT. Cost: 1000 Thrones).

NOTE - Catering to Kinks will indeed increase the amount of accidents and other such kinky things, but it will also prevent the majority of the PDF Garrison from visiting, due to either lack of interest, aversion to particular kinks, or overzealous commissars. This will force Aurelia and Company to subvert the armed forces through other means or ignore them entirely until cult influence hits critical mass and causes a mass uprising. 

The reasoning for the above option is that for a Slaanesh cult, there is very little hedonism occuring. To fit the narrative, and ideally make things more fun for all involved in reading this interactive story, I'm kicking things up a notch. It will not be the primary focus - That is still using the methods available to free the world from the Imperium. It will simply add a bit more titillation on the way to that objective.

-Roster-

Aurelia Holt.

Appearance: Aurelia Holt is relatively unassuming. By the standards of the Imperium, she is a rather average, if slightly petite girl, standing at 5ft, 4in. Long, ash blonde hair trails down her shoulders to the small of her back, with a few locks up front braided and beaded with dark colours, hanging over her collarbones. Tired purple eyes are perhaps her only stand-out feature, as her figure is unremarkable - A modest bust, some curves, and a toned bottom.

Club Skills: Flirting [8/10], Seduction [7/10], Management [9/10], Security [10/10]

Staff Notes: [In Charge] - Unwilling to wait tables or sleep with customers for cash, but will still flirt, as well as seduce women she figures might be useful, [???], [???], [???]

Julia Greene.

Appearance: She is almost exactly five feet tall, with short-cut brown hair and soft hazel eyes that are generally behind her over-sized round frame glasses. Her body shape would best be described as 'soft', with modest but perky breasts and gentle curves. She isn't quite in as good shape as Aurelia, thus where her girlfriend is more toned, Julia is softer.

Club Skills: Flirting [3/10], Dancing [5/10] Waiting Tables [6/10], Management [10/10]

Staff Notes: [Adventurous] - Beginning to come into her own and really explore who she is away from the bounds of the Creed, Julia is greatly willing to experiment and try new things. What she lacks in skill she makes up with a strong will and cute charm. (Random events more commonly happen to Julia.) [???], [???], [???].

[Continued in part 2, coming 'soon'.]

Edited by Darksyn (see edit history)

-Roster, Continued -

Scarlet.

Appearance: She is the most traditionally beautiful member of the cult, with strong, refined facial features, long, fine hair in her namesake shade of red, vibrant green eyes and a statuesque figure with nearly perfect D-cup breasts, voluptuous hips and a shapely rear. Standing at 6ft 1in, she is the tallest girl in the cult and the club staff.

Club Skills: Dancing [6/10], Flirting [10/10], Singing [8/10], Seduction [8/10], Sex [9/10], Management [7/10]

Staff Notes: [Former Cult Majordomo] - Scarlet used to be second-in-command of her original cult. As one might expect of a pleasure cultist, she made ample use of her time to learn how to 'work her magic', as well as taking the time to learn how to lead others. [Protective] If any harm comes to Cloran in any way, Scarlet is more than willing to turn the offending person into a fresh sacrifice. [Beauty] - Simply put, customers WANT her. Will draw more customers if put onstage, or in the Lounge. [Short Temper] - Scarlet does not suffer insults to herself or Cloran lightly, and will not hesitate to beat the hell out of anybody who happens to draw her ire.

Cloran.

Appearance: Cloran's appearance is best described in two words. "Cute" and "Geeky". Her shoulder length hair is dyed teal and left more or less natural, though with her bangs brushed away from her gray eyes. Standing at 5ft 4in, she fairly comfortably fits under Scarlet's chin. Cloran's figure is relatively average, though a little on the curvier side, with C-cup breasts, round hips and a cute bottom.

Club Skills: Maintenance [9/10], Waiting Tables [6/10], DJ [7/10], Construction [10/10]

Staff Notes: [Heretek-Adept] - Having almost earned Mechanicus implants before being kicked out of the Machine Cult, Cloran has considerable technical knowledge, something the cult can use for all sorts of technological advantages. [Introvert] - Cloran is uncomfortable being put center-stage when dealing with strangers. This doesn't affect her ability to, for example, wait tables... But she has anxiety about performing anything outside of the DJ's booth. [An Ear for Music] - As part of her work with her and Scarlet's former cult, Cloran has spent time researching the effect of sound on mood, pleasure, and relaxation. Putting her in the DJ booth will boost a performing girl's effective skill level by +1. 

[OOC: About effin' time, I did some kind of profiles for them, since I miiiight have forgot earlier in the thread. >.<]

Alyssa Kalinin.

The most pious of the girls on-staff before the cult takeover. Unlikely to turn to Chaos without serious coercion, and a security risk.

[Unsuitable, will be laid off but remain in town. What happens to her after that depends on reader choice.]

Rianne Hunter.

Appearance: A young woman with a very girlish, petite figure - Smaller and younger than even Cloran - Rianne is only 4ft 10in tall. Her dyed green hair is  short, and she generally keeps it in pigtails with the help of a variety of different hair clips that she cycles through from day to day. She has hazel eyes, but uses contact lenses that are a vibrant aquamarine.

Club Skills: Dancing [9/10], Singing [10/10], Waiting Tables [7/10]

Staff Notes: [Naive] - Rianne is the youngest of all the girls by a few years, and it shows in her attitude and general naivete. Begins somewhat pious, though more out of fear than any zeal or true belief... Making her a decent prospective convert. [Focused] - When Rianne puts her mind to something, she REALLY puts her mind to it. Has positive effects on her skills, but will occasionally put off 'less pressing' matters.

Eva

Appearance: A life on scraping by on the street has taken an effect on her growth, and as such, Eva is short - 4ft 11in tall. Doesn't have much in terms of curves or breasts, but her life has kept her in good shape - toned abs, lithe legs and a firm backside, all of which seem to appeal to the more athetlic crowd. Her wavy black hair is short, and her bangs usually hang over the right side of her face, making her blue left eye stand out while keeping a thin scar and blind violet eye hidden from view, 

Club Skills: Waiting Tables [3/10], Sex [7/10], Maintenance [4/10], Flirting [5/10]

Staff Notes: [Amnesiac, Half-blinded] Two things mostly likely linked in some way, Eva's past outside of the last two years are cloudy or just gone. She has reasoned that whatever took the sight from her right eye also left her without her memory. [Naive] While not quite as Naive as Rianne, Eva has come to rely on the other girls to teach her things she can't quite remember, and her knowledge on topics like the Imperial Creed are nowhere near the level of indoctrination most civilians have achieved, leaving her open as a relatively easy target for conversion. [Give Anything a Try] - Eva has done worse than club work to survive, and as such is willing to give plenty of different things a try - 'Can't be worse than whoring on the street, right?' is her reasoning.

Linda Krohn

Appearance: With tanned skin, dark hair up in a ponytail, and brown eyes, Linda is a little more exotic among the mostly pale population of a cooler temperate world. She is of average height - 5ft 6in, with a body type locals term 'thicc'.

Club Skills: Waiting Tables [8/10], Sex [8/10], Flirting [9/10]

Staff Notes: [Hands-On Approach] - Linda takes a very... Active... role in making customers happy. Something she had to hide under the previous owner, but her long-time regulars are a stable source of cash. Somebody so familiar and open to exploration of pleasure is surely to be a fantastic convert... [Pride] - To say Linda is proud of her body is an understatement. Management willing, Linda is eager to show off, emphasize or tantalize through different outfits, costumes, or even the lack thereof.

Kayla

Appearance: A slim woman with wiry muscle, Kayla's appearance is not at all far from her street-gang roots - Short, spiked hair dyed pink, the sides of her head shaved, and with black coiling snake tattoos that run from her shoulders to her wrists, blood red eyes courtesy of cosmetic contact lenses - She looks tough, almost dangerous. Kayla has a moderate bust that she tends to bind with cloth strips, and her usual punk way of dressing emphasizes her fitness and bad-girl appeal - certainly helped by the jeans that are usually hugging her toned backside.

Club Skills: Security [9/10], Waiting Tables [5/10], Sex [5/10], Construction [7/10]

Staff Notes: [Tough as Nails] - Kayla does not take shit from customers. Anything threatening her job (and thus her freedom), her workplace or her few friends will be promptly thrown out the door, with serious beatings optional. ['The Creed is Bullshit'] - Not quite an Atheist, but Kayla puts very little stock into things she can't see direct evidence from. This may aid in teaching her the ways of Chaos. [Ain't too Proud] - Kayla looks out for her own best interest, and if she can be convinced it will benefit her, she will do just about anything... For the right compensation.

Meredith Cross

Appearance: Meredith is older than the majority of the staff, but she still has her own beauty. Tall (5ft 9in), slim and leggy, the club musician has deep blue eyes and wavy, dyed-silver hair that hangs nearly down to her shoulders. Her considerable... assets, provide a bit of eye candy while she plays, and she tends to favor silky dresses with slit-leg skirts, heels, and elbow length silk gloves.

Club Skills: Music [10/10 - Violin, Piano, Harp], Singing [10/10], Seduction [7/10], Flirting [9/10], Sex [10/10]

Staff Notes: [To Master All Things Musical] - Meredith is a skilled musician and an accomplished composer, and always strives for perfection, with every tiny increment growing smaller and smaller as she continues on. If she is performing, nothing short of a gunfight will throw her her off her tune. [Experienced] - Within and even outside of her areas of expertise, she has considerable knowledge and life experience - Stemming from her relative age - She is thirty-seven, compared to the average of mid-twenties within the staff. [In love with Excess] - If Meredith is not already secretly a Slaanesh cultist, she is a PRIME choice for induction into the cult. She enjoys every pleasure she can get her hands on, and revels in new and varied experiences.

---ROLES---

Each girl may fill three roles per week.

Management: 1/1 - Julia Greene

Dancing: 2/5 - Rianne Hunter, Scarlet, Julia Greene

Waiting Tables: 4/4 - Julia Greene, Linda Krohn, Eva, Kayla

DJ: 1/1 - Cloran

Music: 1/1 - Meredith Cross

Singing: 3/3 - Meredith Cross, Rianne Hunter, Scarlet

Security: 2/2 - Aurelia Holt, Kayla

Construction: 0/2 - 

Maintenance: 2/2 - Cloran, Eva

Sex: 4/4 - Linda Krohn, Meredith Cross, Eva, Scarlet

Flirting is a bonus stat for service jobs, and not a role unto itself. The higher the bonus, the happier the customer.

Seduction is a bonus stat for Sex, the higher the bonus, the happier the customer

Happy customers = More money.

Characters may train in skills they do not possess, this is not available until Week 4.

-Club Focus-

Vote for the club focus for the week. The focus is something that will add a bonus to a certain area of operation until changed.

Focus Options - [Draw Customers], [Convert Staff], [Increase profit], [Customer Happiness]

More will be added as the club grows.

Please post your votes, and I will get this party started... Perhaps with some fanservice thrown in for your patience!

I am going to have to say that converting is the most important. If the girls are not onboard, they will sell us out instantly. This is not like some small-time, illegal operation, this is heresy, punishable only by complete and utter obliteration. If we must focus on something else, I would say it is outreach, especially if we can try to draw in more "corrupted" types. Heresy is like a  germ. And we must make sure we are contagious. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2017 at 9:12 AM, lmhawk said:

I was wondering if you were going to post more and continue the story. I just found it, and I would love to read more.

Yes, I intend to make a comeback to a more consistent posting schedule quite soon. In addition to writing an update soon - And not the nebulous 'soon' of [Insert time within a year or two].

So, for everybody wondering what has been going on, or just wishing I posted more content here, I have an explanation (Most certainly not an excuse - I recognize I am particularly bad at sticking to a project for a length of time, though I have been making progress on that front) regarding the events of my hiatus.

Without getting into too many personal details, I have been struggling with parts of my family over various things - particularly the care of my disabled grandparents. The amount of time I spend on them far outstrips the amount of time I am able to spend writing and working on updates, and the constant stress has tended to put me in moods not suitable for writing. The issue with my grandparents is being resolved by way of the two of them entering assisted living, which should free up more than eight hours a week for me to do as I wish.

I wish to write like I used to, and so this will mean that I will be trying to hold myself to a regular schedule.

Additionally, I would like to ask people who read this to please let me know what you think of what I have written so far, as well as the way I've constructed or handled mechanics. Feedback is very welcome. I would also not be averse to discussion of the setting, the cult/characters, ideas, suggestions... Even shipping - As a slaaneshi cult, monogamous relationships are not likely to stay such - Free love, drugs, sex and all sorts of crazy things will happen, and it a commonly held belief among the initiated that sticking to one partner is a waste of potential. :P

This, and my other interactive story (A Shadowrun one, titled 'No Such Thing as a Milk Run' - I am a shameless plugger.) will be receiving updates today. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things!