Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I need help from a Japanese person

Hey there my "pee"ople!

So, guess what, I wanna learn Japanese! Now, I don't have the time/money/want to get out of bed soon to take classes, let alone study in Japan or anything. I tried multiple sites, and I know a few words (think "arigato", "Kawaii", "Konnichiwa" etc.) and know there are 4 (!) diffrent alphabets, of which one is the Romji (right?) which is our western alphabet, used for corporate names etc. Kanji are the symols used to express certain things, like how Fire blast takes the form of the Kanji for "big". Then there's the main part of the alphabet: Hiragana and kitakana, which are the main..."writing and speaking" letters of the alphabet. I don't really have a particulair reason for me wanting to learn this language, apart from the funsies.

So, why do I need a Japanese person? Honestly, because I've heard from multiple, credible sources that the easiest way to learn writing Japanese is to...just talk with someone. Now, ok, I'll suck at it at first, and I'll need to learn absolutely everything, but once I know how to write it, speaking becomes easier. This is because every letter in the Kitakana and Hiragana alphabet represents a sound, and unlike the latin alphabet where the pronounciation of letters changes based on the context, the Japanese alphabet is pronounced exactly the same, so once I kow the words, sentences etcetera, it'll just be easier.

So, if you speak Japanese and want to help a bro learn a new skill; PM me!

Jaa mata!

- Glenn