Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

YouTube is fine. It used to be worse I would say, with me LITERALLY searching the exact title of a video and still not getting it, now it is much smarter.

Besides, you have more content than ever. YouTube Red is adding amazing paid content on top of the normal free content and I'm fine with that (as long as the free content remains as it is now alongside).

Here's an example of some perfectly working (non-'raped') YouTube:

It's me [insert surprise here].

Edited by Pc Genie
Added more info. (see edit history)

This may seem minor but it really bugs me.  Signing on, I get a screen full of suggested videos.  I may see two or three I'd like to watch but, after watching my first choice, returning to the initial screen almost always results in replacement of one or more of the other ones I had planned to watch with something else.  Just leave the damn choices the same, YouTube, until I'm done!

Guest tortoise

I disagree, though I know some of the youtubers I watch are getting poor, what's the word. Customer service? With regards to copyright strikes or counter claims from other youtubers. There was one copyright issue from a reviewer I watch, with a misleading issue, yet his account was still suspended in terms of what he could and couldn't upload. He then argued against it with YouTube, but they took a while to deal with it.

So from that point of view I agree, yet largely disagree.

Can someone explain what exactly is this "Youtube Red" thing? Google!

With a YouTube Red membership, watch YouTube ad-free, save videos offline, and play videos in the background.

So it's basically Youtube Center + Adblock + Anti-antiadblock for people who use Internet ExplorerEdge instead of a browser? Oh, I see.

One of the biggest reasons I hate YT is that the community is FULL of pedophiles who use their platforms to lure underage fans & sexually assault/rape them. As someone who was a victim of this, I find it absolutely disgusting. A lot of popular YouTubers are really fucked up, but you'd never know unless you found yourself entangled in that mess. YT doesn't take the situations very seriously, IMO, and very little is done to protect the public from these gross people. YouTube is very fucked up, especially behind the scenes. A lot of YouTubers you may know and look up to are NOT AT ALL what they seem. It's scary.

1 hour ago, ElektraWets said:

One of the biggest reasons I hate YT is that the community is FULL of pedophiles who use their platforms to lure underage fans & sexually assault/rape them. As someone who was a victim of this, I find it absolutely disgusting. A lot of popular YouTubers are really fucked up, but you'd never know unless you found yourself entangled in that mess. YT doesn't take the situations very seriously, IMO, and very little is done to protect the public from these gross people. YouTube is very fucked up, especially behind the scenes. A lot of YouTubers you may know and look up to are NOT AT ALL what they seem. It's scary.

Yikes! I have only heard of this kind of thing once or twice as allegations on big channels.

Makes me angry that among us YouTube creators there are evil, lurking types who seek to abuse loyal fans.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2016 at 4:52 PM, ElektraWets said:

same, it's pretty common to see people go on a female video hair make up etc post their telephone # kik real name etc so they can have some fun ;) ;)

On 6/28/2016 at 9:38 AM, luvmybladder4 said:

This may seem minor but it really bugs me.  Signing on, I get a screen full of suggested videos.  I may see two or three I'd like to watch but, after watching my first choice, returning to the initial screen almost always results in replacement of one or more of the other ones I had planned to watch with something else.  Just leave the damn choices the same, YouTube, until I'm done!

my gripe with suggested is to keep them relevant to the last 10 vids i've watched if I haven't watched a DIY video in 2-3 years why am i being recommended it?