Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

scart close calls with death and regretting what you say

Guest DramaticUser

Guest DramaticUser

Life is filled with regret and fear. Let's start

I am currently a cadet(RC(air)C I have always been interested in the armed forces and the military when I heard my cousin was being transferred from the navy to the marines I thought he was a badass he left to serve in Afghanistan and sent us emails every so often mainly complaining how they had working AC but no fucking bathrooms. There is a story about a Chaplin walking into a mine field because he didn't want to pee by the tank but we will talk about that later I don't know the year it was a while ago but we got word that his platoon was ambushed and caught in a minefield  all three hum des in his convoy were hit with IED's (the convoy consisted of 3 humvees and a Abrams tank) the tank was fine and so were all the crew but all we knew and all they knew were radio communication was cut and chances are they were ambushed that's all they told us. I felt like a jerk because just before I was telling my friends how this idiot cousin of mine got transferred to the marines and he didn't earn it. (At this point the Chaplin story from the beginning comes in) all members of his platoon are still unaccounted for they send in an apx to pick him up... But that hit a mine and was unable to proceed non the less they did get out of there and he even made it on the cover of the Wall Street journal (search atheist fairest Chaplin or Philip chute) but I felt so bad not knowing if my final words to my cousin would be me mocking him. I don't talk to him much his girlfriend had a child well he was over seas and left him for another man. It's been years but I know he still deals with his issues (especially supporting Donald trump :P ) I know tours/combat can put a toll on people but I have never seen a human changed from energetic to depressed through the wall that quickly. He is currently single in god knows where and has apperentlly graduated college recently I have not talked to him in years I kind of don't want to. I also don't want to shut him out like a lot of our family has even though he is pushing them away I know he needs somone.

but over all I wanted to know if you have ever regretted somthing for your whole life.

Funny thing! I was actually a Sea Cadet that ended up joining the Navy, so as an Air Cadet we are officially now mortal enemies. (I kid, I kid.)

But as for scary close calls with death, I've got one; I was actually involved in a very brief shootout, and I was wounded. I wasn't even deployed, this was at home, I was on duty at the local armories and we were attacked by some loony bin that got his hands on a firearm..(And people ask why we need better screening processes for gun purchasing: This is why.)

Now when a crazy guy bursts into your building and fucking shoots you, a sort of panic sets in. A bit of a, "I can't die here, I need to do this, and this, and this, and I should have done this, this, I never told this person this" yadda yadda ya. But its very intense. I could go all day talking about the sudden, very real regrets I had when I was faced with the very real possibility of death...its very gut wrenching. Luckily I managed to scrape by that one..but it was a very shaky experience, and it was the events of that day that caused me to take a step back from the whole Navy thing. I got out as soon as I could.  I still teach young Sea Cadets as a C.I though :)

Guest DramaticUser

Jeez you guys you need to be more careful. Also I forgot about this post till I was stalking somones profile and saw they had posted here. Also KozmoFox you are getting it wrong army cadets hate the sea cadets. Sea cadets hate the the army cadets and air cadets they both tolerate because the army likes CAS and the navy likes aircraft carriers. :P although I was an army cadet at first there is actually quite a story behind it.

1 hour ago, GoingGreen said:

I once missed the (school) bus, then saw on the news that evening that the bus was involved in an accident.

Oh, a similar thing happened to me once. My boss asked me to deliver certain documents somewhere, but the plan changed at the last moment as I was supposed to leave. Later that day I've learned that the train I was supposed to take (or the one before it, or the one right after it, but you never know) was involved in an accident so horrible that Hebdo sect found it fitting to laugh at it. Attention: NSFW

0f4KZ47.jpgr]

Never forget: the grim reaper is always nearby.

On 6/25/2016 at 0:38 PM, slego9 said:

Jeez you guys you need to be more careful. Also I forgot about this post till I was stalking somones profile and saw they had posted here. Also KozmoFox you are getting it wrong army cadets hate the sea cadets. Sea cadets hate the the army cadets and air cadets they both tolerate because the army likes CAS and the navy likes aircraft carriers. :P although I was an army cadet at first there is actually quite a story behind it.

I was being careful as there was a cyclist right next to me on the road who I was waiting for, it was BECAUSE of me being careful that I didn't get hit.  

Guest DramaticUser
2 minutes ago, vexer6 said:

I was being careful as there was a cyclist right next to me on the road who I was waiting for, it was BECAUSE of me being careful that I didn't get hit.  

Well then be more like a punk teen who doesn't give a crap!

Guest DramaticUser

Flying fucktards lol I have not heard that yet I have heard air heads, pigeon and that plane is the only thing you can get up. But flying fucktards is ok I guess.

Edited by DramaticUser (see edit history)