Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Too shy to buy

I recently got a new job which means I actually have spending money to buy diapers. But I have a few problems. One is my nosy-ass family. I can't walk into my house with a bag or receive a package without them asking what it is, even though I'm an adult and it's none of their business. My mom wouldn't care if she found out, since I'd clean up after myself and use my own money to get them and I'd only wear them by myself in my room. But my younger brother is a problem. He likes to go into my room and go through my things, and if he found out, he'd act like more of an ass thsn he already is. Next, and my main one, is that I'm much too shy to just go and buy them at a store, so I can't just go when my family is sleeping. Finally, disposal is my other problem I don't know how I'd get rid of used diapers without them being found. Does anyone have any advice for any of this? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Edited by GunRunner (see edit history)

Buy somewhere outside of your regular neighborhood where you aren't likely to run into anyone you know. The first few times is a bit nerve racking, but that goes away. After you buy a few time you realize that no one at all pays attention to what you are buying. First few times I bought I was so nervous that my hands were shaking when I was paying. You would have thought I was buying drugs or something. The adrenalin rush was huge. But now, it's really no big deal, I just don't buy where I expect I will see someone I know. 

As far as storage, I used to keep them hidden in the trunk of my car. I have also found good spots in closets, buried under other clothes, in a basement, etc.... You get creative. When living at home, you just have to wait to wear when no one else is around. At least until you get brave enough to wear them under your clothes when you go out. It is a thrill, again, aim for someplace you aren't likely to run into someone you know, makes it easier. 

6 minutes ago, DiaperedGuy said:

Buy somewhere outside of your regular neighborhood where you aren't likely to run into anyone you know. The first few times is a bit nerve racking, but that goes away. After you buy a few time you realize that no one at all pays attention to what you are buying. First few times I bought I was so nervous that my hands were shaking when I was paying. You would have thought I was buying drugs or something. The adrenalin rush was huge. But now, it's really no big deal, I just don't buy where I expect I will see someone I know. 

As far as storage, I used to keep them hidden in the trunk of my car. I have also found good spots in closets, buried under other clothes, in a basement, etc.... You get creative. When living at home, you just have to wait to wear when no one else is around. At least until you get brave enough to wear them under your clothes when you go out. It is a thrill, again, aim for someplace you aren't likely to run into someone you know, makes it easier. 

The thing about buying is I just chicken out when I try. I stopped by the Target near my work on my way home to get some insoles for my boots since my job has me on my feet all day (and god damn, it makes them hurt). I work in a different town than I live in. However, that was my secondary objective. I wanted to get a pack of Goodnites to celebrate a successful third day at my job. But I couldn't bring myself to even look at the isle with them. 

1 hour ago, wet4fun_86 said:

I still get the rush but yeah the first few times I was shaking and visibly nervous which just draws attention. I like the humiliation though so that's part of the reason I do it. I've also bought diapers in wet pants which was crazy. Pull-ups are easy no one will think they are for you.

That's good. I may pick some up tomorrow. I need to get a couple picture frames and maybe some cat food anyway, and run another errand, so I can probably do it then. If I don't chicken out again...

Guest eternal_nyte42

If you are nervous  about buying diapers, you aren't the only one. For me to buy from a store is a huge task for me. I am always worries that people are going to know that I am buying them for me. As people have mentioned, buy goodnites is much less conspicuous than buying adult diapers. If you want to buy adult diapers though, there was a truck that I used when I bought my first pack of Depends; buy a birthday card for somebody who feels old, this way it looks like you a buying a gag gift. 

When it comes down to it however, the reality is that no store is going to question you for buying diapers. If they do, that is just bad customer service as it is none of their business. There could be a number of reasons you are buying them, each one of them less important to individuals outside of you.

As for your family, all I can really suggest is put them somewhere they don't normally go, but is still easily accessible to you. If they are going to question you and your purchases (which i know some people just naturally do, and it really bothers me), just go out late at night when people are asleep and hit up a store that is 24hrs; this way there are less people in the store at that time to see, and much less of a chance of your family being up to give you flak.

14 hours ago, wet4fun_86 said:

I still get the rush but yeah the first few times I was shaking and visibly nervous which just draws attention. I like the humiliation though so that's part of the reason I do it. I've also bought diapers in wet pants which was crazy. Pull-ups are easy no one will think they are for you.

Exactly like me.  I have bought diapers in wet pants too, wow, what a rush!!!

I finally did it! I used going out to get catfood as an excuse! I got 2 packs of Goodnites, and used self check-out. They're hidden under my bed until I can find a better place for them since my family likes to keep they're random shit in my room (I randomly found an empty storage bin under my bed while hiding them. No one was home, so I got them in easily enough.

My trick for disposing only works if you have an outside bin. Once you have finished with the diaper, put it in a bag, tie it up and out it in the outside bin. A black bag is best as there is no way to see inside it without opening. Also if anybody in your family checks, cause the bin is outside it will look like somebody else put it in there.

I've bought pretty much every kind of diaper from every store in the town I live in. Here's my two cents:

Do you know where your friends and acquaintances shop? Ideally, you should avoid those stores. Above all, don't go to local supermarkets. They have lots of traffic for their size, and the long aisles mean that someone could find you just by looking down one. My personal recommendations are smaller, less trafficked drug stores, or gigantic labyrinthine monstrosities like Walmart, which are sense and easy to lose people in. 

Are there places to hide? If the worst happens, and you are in the store with someone you know, you have to be able to deal with it. Screen as much  of the store as possible before entering the diaper section.

Bring a backpack, leave it outside (to avert suspicion of shoplifting) , and put the diapers in it when you leave. If you're the age I think you are, carrying a backpack home probably won't raise suspicion. 

20 minutes ago, juntaglom said:

I've bought pretty much every kind of diaper from every store in the town I live in. Here's my two cents:

Do you know where your friends and acquaintances shop? Ideally, you should avoid those stores. Above all, don't go to local supermarkets. They have lots of traffic for their size, and the long aisles mean that someone could find you just by looking down one. My personal recommendations are smaller, less trafficked drug stores, or gigantic labyrinthine monstrosities like Walmart, which are sense and easy to lose people in. 

Are there places to hide? If the worst happens, and you are in the store with someone you know, you have to be able to deal with it. Screen as much  of the store as possible before entering the diaper section.

Bring a backpack, leave it outside (to avert suspicion of shoplifting) , and put the diapers in it when you leave. If you're the age I think you are, carrying a backpack home probably won't raise suspicion. 

I maned up and went to get some today. I did it at Walmart, under the guise of getting catfood and picture frames, both things I needdl. No one looked twice. I also used self checkout. I managed to get them inside because no one was home when I got back. I'm wearing a GoodNite right now, and I'm hooked ^_^ They're so comfortable! After I sleep in one, I don't think I'll be able to easily sleep in anything else. And you're right. I'm 19 and in college, so it wouldn't be that suspicious.

19 hours ago, GunRunner said:

I maned up and went to get some today. I did it at Walmart, under the guise of getting catfood and picture frames, both things I needdl. No one looked twice. I also used self checkout. I managed to get them inside because no one was home when I got back. I'm wearing a GoodNite right now, and I'm hooked ^_^ They're so comfortable! After I sleep in one, I don't think I'll be able to easily sleep in anything else. And you're right. I'm 19 and in college, so it wouldn't be that suspicious.

Awesome! Out of curiosity were you as nervous as you thought you'd be? I'd originally popped by to reiterate much of the other advice people already posted on this thread but I'm kind of interested in what your experience.

I was probably about your age when I bought my first diapers and I was nervous as hell. After awhile I learned most people don't pay too much attention and even if they do it's not really a big deal.

Now I pretty much order exclusively online and it's not really the same issue it i used to be but I totally understand why folks are so nervous or uncomfortable, especially that first time.

4 hours ago, klies said:

Awesome! Out of curiosity were you as nervous as you thought you'd be? I'd originally popped by to reiterate much of the other advice people already posted on this thread but I'm kind of interested in what your experience.

I was probably about your age when I bought my first diapers and I was nervous as hell. After awhile I learned most people don't pay too much attention and even if they do it's not really a big deal.

Now I pretty much order exclusively online and it's not really the same issue it i used to be but I totally understand why folks are so nervous or uncomfortable, especially that first time.

I was very nervous, but I was listening to music with earbuds in, so it helped. I hid them under the picture frames, so no one noticed. No one else was in the isle. I got in and no one was home, so I hid them under my bed. My mom found out though. But like I said in my original post, she didn't care and won't tell anyone else. But I'm glad I got them. 

On 05/06/2016 at 9:31 PM, wet4fun_86 said:

Congratulations! Gotta go for adult diapers next...

On 05/06/2016 at 10:13 PM, GunRunner said:

I'll just stick with goodnites. I like how they feel ^_^

Everyone likes their first pair but trust me. He's looking our for you. Even BabeMeetsWorld loves them but is slowly moving on up to the big ones :3

Its just a lot more practical as goodnites dont hold shit. They litterally hold (for me at least) 0.8 wettings.

On 05/06/2016 at 10:13 PM, GunRunner said:

I'll just stick with goodnites. I like how they feel ^_^

27 minutes ago, Etuhanlo said:

Everyone likes their first pair but trust me. He's looking our for you. Even BabeMeetsWorld loves them but is slowly moving on up to the big ones :3

Its just a lot more practical as goodnites dont hold shit. They litterally hold (for me at least) 0.8 wettings.

Yeah, goodnites are really fun but the bigger ones are better for night time wettings :$

12 minutes ago, babemeetsworld said:

Yeah, goodnites are really fun but the bigger ones are better for night time wettings :$

I've never tried GoodNites, Pampers, etc. I'm afraid my butt and legs are too big for them, but I love to see them on pretty girls like @babemeetsworld. Recently I've been buying NorthShore disposables. Their line is much like Abena's, with the thirsty Supreme and thinner Lite Supreme taped briefs (plastic or cloth-like) and the cloth-like Flex Supreme pullup. I find that the Lite Supreme is perfect for daytime use, and I can fill it up safely without fear of leaking. If I put on a Lite Supreme at bedtime and take it off after getting up in the morning, it doesn't leak either. However, for wearing 12-18 hours I prefer a Supreme with a large booster pad. It's great to waddle around the house in the evening, feeling that log of absorbent material between my legs, pressing snugly against my crotch. During the night I wake up to wet the combo, or maybe I don't wake up but still wet it. In the morning the combo still has enough capacity to absorb all the pee I can pump into it, and the absorbent "log" swells even further and feels even better between my legs and against my crotch. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I take of a Supreme-pad combo and the whole thing is yellow with half a day's worth of my urine -- and it hasn't leaked!

For me, GoodNites hold an entire full bladder for me with only a few drops leaking out. Granted, I haven't held it until I wet myself involuntary, even though I really want to, but my bladder is too strong and with my job, I haven't had a lot of time -_-. I've only had one involuntary wetting in the past year, and that's because I'd been holding it all day and was carrying 40lbs worth of stuff on my back. I was in the bathroom and managed to stop that long enough to get my pants and underwear down. I really want to have an involuntary wetting in my GoodNites.

• 2 weeks later...

(For next time you get diapers and extra tips)

What i do when i buy diapers is say it is for my grandpa and that he could not buy them himself (either too hard or too shy) 

For hiding the diaper try hiding it between the two matresses in your bed (if that is possible for you)

Lastly for disposal throwmthe diapers into any full trashbage already ready ro be thrown away and move the diapers down int the trashbag to hide it better. Doing it this way makes it that even though it will smell your family will just assume is is just normal trash and will rather not decide to check the bag.