Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Any Initial D fans?

Guest R34

Title kinda says it all, but do we have any Initial D or general car people out there? I lit up the manga recently, just read Takumi vs Mako round 1... Iketani, bro, you need skills with girls... badly! Anybody have a favorite chapter too?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a huge Initial D fan for years! Only the anime though, I've never read the manga.
My friends and I watch the 3rd Stage every year around Christmas, it's become somewhat of a tradition.

I'm not sure if I have a favorite episode, but I really liked the romance plot between Keisuke and that girl with the black RX-7 FD in 4th stage.

As for cars in general, I have an old Mercedes G-wagon that I'm working on at the moment. Swapped the terribly weak OM616 2.4l diesel for an OM617 3l diesel. Still not a whole lot of power, but at least it can get up hills now, lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran through the whole first season back at a con in 2001 or 2002. Was crazy surprised when it got popular in America, went partial mainstream with some street racers I knew. They took it seriously, but used the English names, which was sad. Great series though, I managed to love it despite to rubber-band lips.

I'm not into cars, with the exception of trying to keep one going. I was however really into Initial D for a while. I couldn't really get into the anime but for a few months, I devoured the manga. I read fairly fast so ravenously reading for a few months got me pretty far in the series. I haven't read it all I got into other things and my interest waned little by little.