Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Fiction Forum

Not sure if it's exactly a bug, but I've just learned something in the Fiction section.

Ive been writing a story via my iPhone, and I've always been able to scroll back to previous chapters to verify stuff. 

Well after 90 minutes into the next chapter, I flipped back a page to check something, and the new chapter disappeared. 

I always thought that it would be nice to be able to save a written story or chapter without posting it, but being able to log out, then return to it later. Don't know if that exists on the PC, but it doesn't on the iPhone 

In general it would be a very good idea to write posts you intend to spend a long time on in an actual word processor before copying it over for posting, especially on mobile devices where anything from network errors to power failures can cause posts to fail.

The same can really be said for writing on the desktop. It's good to keep a local copy of anything you've invested a significant amount of time writing.

Working with word processors actually used to be a huge pain with the old site because the editor did an extremely poor job at retaining proper formatting when copying everything over. That's thankfully no longer the case; the new editor can almost perfectly retain the formatting of anything you copy and paste, be it from a word document or web page.

The editor actually does also support saving your post using your browsers local HTML5 storage, which is should be supported on all modern browsers, including Safari. If you accidentally close out of a tab or window while writing a post, the contents of that post should be restored automatically the next time you come back to it.

If that's not working for you, see if you can reproduce the issue, then just send me the information on how to do it along with what version of iOS and Safari you are running.

Once the old Fiction/Blog system is brought back online, it will still have support for saving drafts if you prefer having that as an option.

• 3 weeks later...

Never again will I click on a quote..because now that I clicked it by mistake a few days ago..the story that I do want to finish editing..is proving to be very difficult.as the only thing that I have found over and over is the quote..the edit for the main story seems to be gone or hidden..and when I do get lucky enough to find that tool again..all it then does is edit is the stupid quote..witch is not what I want at all..I do wish I had never clicked that quote thingy..I will know in the future not to ever do that again..and also when that quote is clicked...to try and find the edit button for the story..I get a message saying a Reply was made to the story...but all the replies on the story have been from me...by trying to find the edit tool..it is starting to get very frustrating...and I do not even think I could start over as there is nothing that will let me delete that post and start it over...never did I think I was a dumb person on a computer..but all this that is happening because of this quote thing is sure making me feel that way.