Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What is Your "People are Weird" Story

So I'm sure we've all come across that one person who maybe was a little too obsessed with something, or maybe it was just the tone of voice they used when they talked, or maybe they did something you just couldn't get over. No matter what it was, I'm sure we can all relate to the fact that people are weird. What made you realize this wonderful truth? 

I can tell a short story, it's actually about me. 

I've been abroad for a semester studying at the University of Oslo. I live in a dorm building with relatively limited access to kitchen space and equipment because we split the kitchen between 9 people. This means I usually need to find something easy to make myself for meals. One of the ways I've been skirting around this is going to a taco place on the university campus and buying food to take home. This being Norway we're talking about, I packed a big thick jacket that also conveniently has an interior pocket. So I go to the taco place, order myself a burrito to go, and take it out and home.

Now, to someone who didn't know my situation, what they'd see is something perhaps a little less balanced. They'd see someone coming into a taco shop on a fairly regular basis and ordering a burrito. They stuff it into their jacket and walk away to the train station.

Anyone got any good stories coming to mind? I'm sure I'll share more when I can think of more to share.

Edited by Tsaranon (see edit history)