Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Experimenting with some 3D animation

Looks good! I'd recommend spending a bit more time sculpting out a head, even if it's just enough to show the rough shape. That would give it a more realistic tone, and mesh a little better with the rest of the scene. Other than that, the animation itself is very good, and the texture work is solid as well. What program did you use for this?

Hey thanks :)

Yeah, the face will be for next time, it's not that nice. But I didn't wanted to include facial expressions just yet and thought that it would be awkward to make the face to realistic if I didn't animate it. Well, still learning.

I used Blender for this scene with some texture painting done in Photoshop. The animation of the texture that makes her jeans stain was animated in After Effects. Quite a lot of fun to do, by the way.

I've worked a fair amount with 3DS Max when I was younger, but since I work professional I can only use official licenses and Max is a tad too expensive. Besides, since they put out the 'new' cycles photometric renderer a few years ago, I'm really quite impressed with what you can do with Blender. At the moment it suits my needs perfectly.

Hello everyone,

I've been doing a lot of animation for my work lately and I kinda want to step up my game and finally learn how to do 3D character animation. So I figured, what nicer way to learn it than to make a nice omo video...

So I wanted to share my first try here. It's very short, but I think it turned out nicely. Now, this is my first time in a 3d environment in a few years, so please be gentle.

Love,

Q

Extremely nice!!!!

I've dabbled a little in 3DS Max and Blender myself, but only so far as needed for motion graphics in video and some architectural visualization work.  Years ago I purchased a license for 3DS Max R9, which I still use for video animations that I do for some of my corporate work, but that is mainly rigid body stuff with simple architectural materials.

I say this, because it truly helps me appreciate the amount of work that you must of put into this.  The animation is very fluid, the textures seem to fit the meshes well, and there isn't any weird uncanny valley stuff happening here.  Great job!

I'm affraid I have to disappoint you Ronyo. It's a custom made texture, so it actually is my fault :wink: Ah well, it's good criticisme for next time.

Thanks TVguy. Seeing all the wonderfull work you do that's a very nice compliment coming from you. By the way, did you make the 3d squirrel in the HDWetting bumpers?

Well Runsy and RobsRose, that's actually where I would like to go some day. Especially with the now nigh consumer release of the Oculus Rift, I sense possibilities for lots of cool omo artwork. I'm not that savy in programming to be honoust, but I think I could learn the basics of Unity to make little scenes to explore (not just omo btw). And from what I heard and saw the integration of the Oculus Rift with Unity and Blender seems to be pretty fluid.

Those things make me very excited.

This is amazing work Quel, I've worked in blender myself for a little bit and its no easy thing to make an animation. You're doing good :)

thats great wortk, thank you !

i hope that someday they will create a pee and desperation game like that ;)

I was thinking that the other day, maybe its time to open up the ol' Community Collaboration book again :P

Hello everyone,

I've been doing a lot of animation for my work lately and I kinda want to step up my game and finally learn how to do 3D character animation. So I figured, what nicer way to learn it than to make a nice omo video...

So I wanted to share my first try here. It's very short, but I think it turned out nicely. Now, this is my first time in a 3d environment in a few years, so please be gentle.

Love,

Q

1282786204310.jpg

Hmmm, Canopi, your renders are quite nice as well. And I see you've found out the liquid (a.k.a. pee) simulator as wel :wink:

Thank you Sinna, that was a very nice compliment, seeing the nice movies you make yourself.

And someone mentioned a collaboration here. I'm quite interested in that. Anyone here know how to program Unity or something alike? Might be very nice to put some head together and make an awesome omo experience.

The animation was very well done and I liked the head movement, which went well with the wetting. Slightly extended, it could even work as a model/first draft for a cutscene.

Has someone made a Peestarter for OMO projects yet?

I haven't made a pee starter, but I'm making a omo game myself with a realistic urination system I'm developing for a game on the Unreal Engine 4.

I'm one of those people that can sculpt heads alright, but I don't know how I'll be able to have the time do that when I'm working on another project. :blink:

Edited by heartfulwarm (see edit history)