Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Awkward and nice diaper buying experience

Are you lucky or what?! Did you get her phone number? Are you going to call her and arrange to meet?

I guess I'll have to read more of your posts to understand how much you wet while asleep or awake. I myself wet the bed till I was almost 24. Since I have been wearing diapers for fun, I've had maybe 1-2 bedwetting accidents a year. Since I'm basically continent, wet surprises have become fun. Now I understand that sleep wetting is not something that I can help and I don't feel shame about it anymore. There are various physiological and psychological reasons for bedwetting and daytime incontinence. Some can be treated, some can be grown out of. I hope you won't beat yourself up about having accidents. You may be lucky and stop, or lucky and find someone for whom your wetting is an attraction.

Thanks for sharing, I don't know how I would have reacted to that, probably exactly the same way. I'm now officially old enough so that they could be for my slightly over-weight daughter and comfortable enough buying them that this doesn't happen (plus British people would never ever do this, ever ;) But yeah, big hug for you hun! I've been there, let me know if you want to chat some time, I think we may share many similar experiences and there certainly are lots of mixed emotions relating to controlled and uncontrolled wetting and fetishes.

Hugs

Rach

The only really awkward experience I had was going to a medical supply store with a group of ABDLs.  A couple of them are rather awkward to be around in any setting and going into a store with diapers on the shelf so they can buy stuff was not fun.  I like to be in and out of there in about five minutes but it was not possible as three or four people needed to ring up their purchases and get them bagged up.  And it attracted attention from the employees.

I think its pretty nice to meet someone that is in the same shoes as you are (I've met someone done in a similar fashion, but except mine is pretty different to the point of being off topic), you might be pretty good friends with her and I kind of know what it feels like feeling pretty embarrassed even to the point of bursting into tears. I'm also pretty similar I really dislike having accidents during sleep which is uncontrolled, and I've actually love diapers would mostly prefer wetting them ever since I've got them after the problems I had in the past, along with being part of this community & watching diaper related videos.

• 5 months later...

Did you ever follow up with this woman? She seemed like a very understanding person who shares your interest in diapers and who invited you to contact her. Perhaps you're too shy, but she doesn't have any way to contact you, so the ball's in your court. Good luck, if you're interested in seeing her again!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/27/2015 at 11:46 AM, Bedwettingchik12 said:

So today I make a run by CVS to buy some goodnites (out of my normal Tena Maxi and can't wait for them to ship) and I'm standing in line, and behind me I hear "those work well, are they for you or your daughter?" And I turn around and see this really attractive girl.. About my age.. And I quickly stammer "uh.. My daughter" like and idiot and blushed bright red

As I was heading to my car I heard a "hey Ma'am!" So I turn around nervous to find that girl called me.

She comes up close and says "I didn't mean to embarrass you.. The only reason I asked is because.. Well.." Then she pulls part of her waistband down to reveal a diaper "I'm In your shoes too"

(For those of you who don't know me.. I'm an emotional mess.. And Although I love wetting, I hate the fact that it's uncontrolled) I started crying in the middle of the parking lot, in front of this gorgeous woman..

She hugs me and says "it's okay! You're not alone, I have to go! Call me and we can get coffee and talk about this"

I about died!!

Wow! Would have taken me by surprise too given a similar situation. 

That's so weird, I was about to start a thread about an awkward diaper buying experience I had yesterday, but one already exists.

Depend Silhouettes come in black and blue as well as beige now, and I thought that might be fun to try. I needed to go to the drug store anyway, so I decided to pick up a pack. When I had everything, I went to line up. I went during what I thought would be off-hours, but there were still two people ahead of me in line. They both stared for a few seconds at the depends in my basket. I stared into the middle distance. Then the old lady directly in front of me said, "You're brave. My husband never buys my diapers." Spaghetti started pouring out of my pockets, by face probably turned fire engine red, and I did this sort of haha fake laugh I do when I'm expected to respond but have no idea what to say. She didn't stop saying things though. She was like, "He always makes me go buy them myself. And I have Chron's, so I need them. But we're always like, You get them, no you get them." I mumbled something like, "well, for me it's part of the job." That was the end of the conversation. I mean, she wasn't making fun of me. If anything, it was a compliment on my gentlemanliness for picking up diapers for my SO who doesn't exist. It was still awkward as fuck.

I remember the last time I ever bought diapers in a store before. They were the prevail kind of pull-ups because the depends always leak on me. Unfortunately, you could only get them at the only K-mart where I live. And this one lady just stared at my basket for a moment and didn't really say anything. I stopped buying from stores not because it was embarrassing, but because I gave up on pull-ups after I leaked through these and switched to tapes. Which I can only get online.

On 2/3/2017 at 9:44 PM, supernerd222 said:

Spaghetti started pouring out of my pockets

Oh god, this is exactly why I only buy shit online... Fortunately, I never had to deal with such an experience in my years buying diapers in-store, but I can't imagine I'd have done anything but totally sperg out, leaving an 8 mile long trail of al dente pasta in my wake :P

28 minutes ago, HPattern said:

Oh god, this is exactly why I only buy shit online... Fortunately, I never had to deal with such an experience in my years buying diapers in-store, but I can't imagine I'd have done anything but totally sperg out, leaving an 8 mile long trail of al dente pasta in my wake :P

I don't buy men's or unisex adult diapers at the store. But sometimes if I'm in the mood for lady pullups or incontinence pads, I'll get them at the store. I'm not into public embarrassment (well, not my public embarrassment), but I like to fantasize about the implication of it. It's like, if the cashier and people in line think I have an incontinent gf, that adds an extra element of realism to my fantasy of having an incontinent gf. I've never actually been confronted about it before, though, and I think that was a little too far for my comfort at this stage of depravity.