Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

[Desperation RPG] The Sanguinary Emissary

post-3080-0-77385400-1409533664_thumb.pn

Genre - Horror

Platform - RPG Maker VX Ace

So, a year ago, I got my hands on RPG Maker, and since then I've been slowly familiarizing myself with it, and eventually began building my own game. The Sanguinary Emissary is a horror-themed RPG, but remains on the comical side of things so things aren't too heavy.

It features it's own desperation system, along with wetting and peeing mechanics, hand drawn art, in-battle and out-of-battle fear wettings, and an enticing story line, based on the premise of exploring a mansion that everyone considers haunted.

Side notes: -Much of the art is more than six months old, so by the next or even final release, there will be many redraws.

-This is in its beta stage, so any bugs or errors you find, please report them either here or in the comments section of the file download page.

-A very special thanks to Rainyday and OmniLisk for their patience and time. They have been instrumental in the development of this game and supported me in times of low confidence.

Remember, if you haven't played a game in RPG Maker VX Ace before, you will need to download the Run Time Package (RTP) for it. You can get it for free here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

I ask that you bear with me on this. There is bound to be many many bugs and errors for the first people to play this. Don't hesitate to report anything that feels out of place.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen an issue like that before with buttons not working after using alt-tab to switch between windows, and I don't think it has anything to do with the game itself. Basically, when you use alt-ta

Someone keep this thread alive. Okay, I'll do it. Commando, now that finals are done, will progress on SanEm speed up at all? I don't mean to sound so impatient, but hype of this intensity is har

You're missing RPGVX Ace RTP.

Posted Images

Hmm. Okay, I am thoroughly stuck. Anyone mind giving me a hand here?

I cannot figure out what to do after finding Leila and unlocking the East Hall. I've opened every other "unremarkable" door that I could find. The Library didn't seem to have anything, though I did see someone messed with a bookshelf and we need to find the two halves of a golden ____, but I have combed almost every room and cannot find a key. Any suggestions?  :/

Nevermind, figured it out. Damn Library. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Well I guess I'll just keep adding to this. Later when searching for a code in bottles, only the first snippet appears in my inventory. The other half just disappears and can't be rechecked at the bottle. Thankfully it was only 2 digits and I remembered the last one, but that is a bit annoying. :/

Edited by KnightofStars (see edit history)

Not a problem. Would you rather I PM you any more bugs, or is posting them here fine? Because I did find one other little bug that doesn't really affect anything, but it'd be a Quality change. When you open the double door that needs a Heart Key, it only opens one side. I only noticed when I was running around after completing what's inside and went back in, to my surprise I was able to unlock the room again, just the other half of the door. XD

I don't think its possible to beat the part where the boulder tries to hit you it seems like it.
no idea what to do at this stage I'm guessing theres a better way to do it then outrun the boulder?
I searched all the rooms and everything.
At the East Chamber of the cave *trying not to spoil the game at all
for anyone wondering you hit shift to run in this game so yeah....that's my bad

Edited by Star Fire (see edit history)

how do you find leila? I've explored all the areas and even found the key but it only opened parts that didnt lead anywhere.

You go upstairs one of the doors leads you to a hallway theres a shop keeper talk to him don't buy anything you don't need stuff yet go to the rack next to the shop keeper and grab the handgun then go back outside go to the door next to that one and there's a door telling you to break it with the handgun open that twice

The merchant seems to be bugged. I can't cancel out of his menu.

EDIT: Now NO menu will work. I somehow got out of his menu when I tabbed out but now the cancel/menu button won't work

EDIT 2: Restarted the game and it seems to be fixed. Not really sure what happened there.

Interesting... so far I haven't been able to replicate that issue but that doesn't mean it isn't there. If it happens again, could you upload a copy of your save file and send it to me in a PM?

See EnragedFilia's post below.

Edited by OmoCommando (see edit history)

I've seen an issue like that before with buttons not working after using alt-tab to switch between windows, and I don't think it has anything to do with the game itself. Basically, when you use alt-tab normally, Windows is supposed to send the "alt key is released" event to the first before shifting focus to the second program, but sometimes it doesn't (it probably has to do with some sort of race condition, for those who know what that means), and in that case when you switch back to the first program it still thinks the alt key is being held and interprets all further keystroke events as "alt+keystroke". And since "alt+x" doesn't do anything in RPGVX, that means you can't press x to open the menu. Normally, pressing alt again (with the problematic window in focus, of course) solves the problem, although restarting the program works too.

This is one of the greatest things I've ever found. How often do you find the RPG maker variant of Resident Evil alongside a really cool desperation system? Seriously, I doubt this could be any better at the moment, minus obvious things like more gameplay. Thank you so much for this amazing game.

Also wanted to ask, are you going to keep to what's in the game right now, or do you plan on adding any other desperation things like diapers or messing? It's fine if you don't, I'm just curious.

New theme was added for the title screen. Thank you to TomatoNLettuce for your work!

This is one of the greatest things I've ever found. How often do you find the RPG maker variant of Resident Evil alongside a really cool desperation system? Seriously, I doubt this could be any better at the moment, minus obvious things like more gameplay. Thank you so much for this amazing game.

Also wanted to ask, are you going to keep to what's in the game right now, or do you plan on adding any other desperation things like diapers or messing? It's fine if you don't, I'm just curious.

I'm glad you are enjoying it so far! I'd be lying if I said that Resident Evil wasn't a heavy inspiration on the theme of this game.

And I don't have any plans to include diapers or messing. Since I don't really enjoy those, it's hard to create believable scenarios that involve such content. It would feel forced, and lack the same amount of heart that I put into things like the desperation mechanics and scenarios.