Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Wheel of Fortune: A Superposition of Three Stories

Thank you, Flush. Personally:

I wrote ending 1 first, and like it a lot. But not so much that I wanted it to be the ending. I had other ideas too, ideas that might entertain the readers, so I wrote all three. Originally I'd planned to do a fourth ending, so  that all the possibilities were covered: one where each of the two main characters wet, but not the other; one where both wet, and one where both are desperate but make it. But I realized the fourth ending would have to be written completely anew, different from all the other endings, and I decided it would be too much work for an already long story just to complete the least interesting ending.

I hope the story works whether you read only one ending, or you read all three. That was the goal: a story where each possibility can stand on its own, but can also cast a new light on the others, so that the whole becomes more than the parts. That way, people can enjoy it either way. Sometimes when I read a story or experience, or witness something myself, it can be more exciting not to know what might have happened (especially if what actually happened wasn't exciting), because then you can fantasize, imagine for yourself. Whereas a definite ending, whether it be to a story or a real-life experience, kind of cuts off that speculation and fantasy for me.

I guess that's why I personally am not a fan of fanfiction (although I have no problems with people reading or writing it, it's just not my thing). For me, the original text is the canon, and it doesn't feel "right" or I can't really immerse myself in something that strays from the canon. But that's me personally, it's not meant to be a judgment about others. So that's why I suggested you might not want to read the other endings when you've read one. Either the one you read was exciting, in which case the others will likely be a disappointment; or it wasn't exciting, and you have to consider whether you think your own imagination can come up with a more exciting ending than mine.

• 2 years later...

I like quanttum physics terminology, because I'm a nerd.

And I absolutely love the idea of Alex putting it off deliberately, and trying to hide her squirming from her family. I can see her wriggling butt in front off my inner eye and imagine that I'm the "lanky teenager clearly checking out her [...] ass". :)

I too read all endings, and like #2 most.

I thing Rita is trying to teach the wrong lesson to her daughter, though. Clearly, it should not be about going sooner, it should be about training yourself to be better at holding it. By the time she hits 20, Alex should be able to make the entire trip dryly, without any pee breaks. Port-a-potties are gross anyway.