Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Normal to pee her pants?

I have wondered: How normal is it for a girl to pee her pants?

I talked about this with a female friend of mine, we're both in our twenties. She said that it had only happened to her once, after being old enough to care. It happened when she was 14. She thought most girls never experienced peeing in their pants, but after reading some places on the internet, it looks like it's a pretty normal "problem". 

So, do anyone know what's the truth? Do most girls experience peeing themselves, and if so: How often?

(Excuse my poor English)

Here are some statistics:

http://www.nafc.org/media/statistics/

They mostly concern older people, but also have some information on ''girls.'' For example:

• Data from an NAFC survey shows that one-fourth of women older than 17 reportedly experienced stress incontinence during the immediately preceding 30 days from being questioned. 24% of women ages 25-44 experienced symptoms compared to 33% of women ages 45-64. 2

I have peed my pants in my "adult life" once accidentally and once on purpose (just tried it). During my school years it happened to me twice. In that age it´s not a big difference between boys and girls. I have seen it happened to both when I was younger.

I have asked that question some of my female friends. Most of them said they never have peed their pants and they never will. However, all girls have leaked a little sometimes, I think. There are situations it just happens :). If they say something else they are telling lies.

Total wettings are so humiliating, that most of us don´t wanna tell about that kind of things. I have seen accidental grown-up-wettings three or four times and they were all women. Plus one time it was man, but he was totally waisted drunken guy.

I think it depends on how who gets surveyed and how the survey words the question (a vary common problem in the social sciences).  For instance:

1.  When my cousins or aunts had been drinking powered drink mix or beer on an undeveloped beach and knew they would wet while walking to a rest room (often more than a mile where we vacationed), They'd slide back on a log and pee through their sun suits or pee while wading (a hidden pants peeing to avoid a public accident).

2.  In my nuclear family leaking one drop counted as wetting.  My first wife's family considered warning drips and squirts a normal part of waiting.  They did not count warning squirts was wetting.  My first wife had a two or three squirt wait once or twice per week.

3.  I did a major unintentional pee during a lower urinary infection.  I counted it was wetting my pyjamas.  A woman friend of a woman friend did the same thing (but in a clothing store).  She did not count it as wetting because the bladder infection was a special circumstance.

4.  Some women don't count leaking during pregnancy as wetting.  Others do.

We would have to know the exact question to know what the statistic actually included.

Cheers

I think it depends on how who gets surveyed and how the survey words the question (a vary common problem in the social sciences).  For instance:

1.  When my cousins or aunts had been drinking powered drink mix or beer on an undeveloped beach and knew they would wet while walking to a rest room (often more than a mile where we vacationed), They'd slide back on a log and pee through their sun suits or pee while wading (a hidden pants peeing to avoid a public accident).

2.  In my nuclear family leaking one drop counted as wetting.  My first wife's family considered warning drips and squirts a normal part of waiting.  They did not count warning squirts was wetting.  My first wife had a two or three squirt wait once or twice per week.

3.  I did a major unintentional pee during a lower urinary infection.  I counted it was wetting my pyjamas.  A woman friend of a woman friend did the same thing (but in a clothing store).  She did not count it as wetting because the bladder infection was a special circumstance.

4.  Some women don't count leaking during pregnancy as wetting.  Others do.

We would have to know the exact question to know what the statistic actually included.

Cheers

As far as I can see the survey asked specifically about (urinary) incontinence, which is defined as any involuntary leakage of urine.

A female friend of mine once wet herself while she was on the phone. She had got in the door with another friend and no-one was home, she was desperate to pee and the phone was ringing. So she decided to pick up the phone, and it turned out to be one of her mother's friends, who she said kept her on for ages. She described bending down and squirming, and didn't want to say ''can you hang on for a minute while I go to the toilet.'' She said ''eventually it all came out,'' and pee was running down her legs and making a puddle on the floor, while she was still talking politely to her mother's friend on the phone.

There were several of us there when she was telling us about it, and it was our other friend who was with her at the time who had begun to tell the story, knowing that we would all find it amusing.

Anyway, that was how the discussion got onto wetting, which I thought worth mentioning. :)

She then said that girls always cross their legs when they sneeze, or else a small amount of pee is likely to leak out, and most of the other girls did not disagree. They seemed surprised that the same doesn't happen to guys. Only one of the girls made the case that she had a cast-iron bladder and said it had never happened to her. She reckoned girls should be able to hold on for longer than guys because girls can cross their legs more effectively, but nobody else seemed to agree.

Another female friend of mine who always has her legs crossed tightly whenever she laughs, told me that her school friends used to tickle her to make her wet herself at school, if they caught her when she was on her way to the toilets. I have also seen plenty of videos where girls wet themselves due to laughing, but I've never heard of this happening to a guy.

Thank you so much for all the replies. You are great!

They mostly concern older people, but also have some information on ''girls.'' For example:

This is great. I meant "girls" as in "females in general". Don't know why I used the term "girls" (I often do this, even if I'm talking about grown women. As I said: I'm not very good in English). Anyways, thank you for your reply  :smile:

I can say that when it comes to military basic training, the number of female trainees who wet themselves at some point outnumber the ones who don't, but most of them are during the first night you get there and you have no idea what's going on or what you can and can't do and are being harried around.

So, uh...  Happy Veteran's Day!

Stress incontinence rates among female paratroopers is very high, above fifty percent I believe, and the same is true for female trampoline jumpers where I think the rate is even higher. The stress they put their pelvic floor under is so high that it weakens. That is also the reason that female athletes in general report higher rates of incontinence, although I believe athletes to be more likely to report their symptoms as they are used to talking to their physicians about everything.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11689727 (there are a bunch of other studies saying this as well).

• 1 month later...

I think that almost all girls of all ages has leaks and dribbles for time to time. It is just part of being a girl. I know that most of the girls that I know have leaked after laughing or sneezing or doing strenuous labor like running or working out.  I leak all the time it seems and now that I am pregnant for the second time it seems like every move I make is causing me to leak a little. Full accidents are obviously more rare but I still think that more women have them then want to admit. 

I've only had a few leaks when holding for fun, sometimes when sneezing, but I haven't wet my pants since age 8. I can't recall having seen anyone of either sex completely peeing their pants ever though. But then I don't get out much nor have I really chatted with this with anyone outside specifically pee chat rooms, which are obviously not representative since often the answer will be that they pee themselves recreationally LOL. I think most outside of fetishists would be embarrassed to admit to wetting their pants and the majority of fetishists have had more than a usual amount of experience with pee incidents.

I don't have full wettings, but it isn't uncommon for me to have an accidental sudden little spurt when I'm busting and having to hold on hard against a strong urge. (I've always been prone to strong urges) My control just seems to partly give way for an instant. This isn't stress incontinence, more like slight urge incontinence. It isn't a significant problem for me though; nowhere near enough to cause me to wear a pad.

My mother (now in her early 50's) has struggled with minor incontinence ever since I was born. She leaks a little daily as she openly expresses and has reported some full-blown accidents, soaking car seats, beds and couches.

I was privy to one particular incident in which we stopped at a rest area off the highway and she made it to the bathroom....but not the toilet! She was embarrassed that she soaked her panties but luckily was wearing a skirt and didn't bother to change; as she says, "I just dried out naturally!" 

Even when she discovered evidence of my own "accidents" she was incredibly understanding and accepting that we are all at the mercy of our bladders sometimes, although she is unaware of my fetish. I feel much more comfortable indulging in my fetish when I visit home since it's far less bizarre for her than it would be for say my Dad or even my male roommates I live with. 

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn; from my experience, it seems that women are generally more accepting and less perturbed by bodily functions, accidental or otherwise.

Usually happens when you drunk!

Yeah, I've heard about friends, both male and female, who apparently peed themselves while drunk, but I have never seen it myself (and it has never happened to me). But I discussed it with a close female friend of mine, who often is out drinking, and she told me that she had never seen anyone peeing themselves while drunk. She said that you'd have to be very drunk to pee your pants, and that it almost never happens. So I don't know..

• 2 years later...

My female friends are more likely to pee (from a pressure-release spurt or three) to full on drenching than the guys I know. This is just my experience and those of close friends. When you are walking home after an evening out (bar, music venue, etc.) mostly the guys turn to a wall (bush, etc.) and let go. The women are much less open to doing that unless it is urgent.

Women are more exposed (physically, emotionally) when they have to squat and pee than guys. There were guys outside of a local music venue who were looking over a partially demolished. I thought they were talking about instruments. I knew one of them and was going to ask a question when I realised they were facing the wrecked wall and peeing into some old pipes that were sticking out of the building. I kept my distance. After they were done, one said, all's clear if you need to go. I said I was OK. I got the information from the guy I know and he answered. He asked if I had seen his girlfriend. Last time I looked, she was in a long line for the only women's room at the music venue.

Later, as I was helping them slog the gear back to their van, she went around the other side of the van and seemed to pee a gallon. My friend said that she must have had more beer than he thought because she has a small bladder. She laughed and said that she had already soaked 2 pairs of panties.

She came around the van and said ... and that was my final pair, damnit. She tossed the panties into the bushes.

I laughed with them and to myself said "damnit!'. They were my ride home and there wasn't any way I could retrieve her panties from the bushes. They were right there on top, too.

Hmmm. . .  Some people need glasses, some don't.  Of the teen to 30ish women I've known, I can easily believe the 10% to 20% have unintentional leakage statistics.  Of course, those who dribble or squirt wear tissue or pantie protectors.  Hard to believe all the chain stores selling "youth" diapers (20" to 30" waist) make their money on fetish buyers alone.

Of course, we seldom know of dribbling into pantie protectors or hear about bed wetting.  It's the rare individuals usually having no need for protection, then flooding we see or hear about.

• 1 month later...

Lets take this in another direction.......No it is not normal to wet her panties.......but only because she wears panties and has been trained not to.    In some asian countries they, or at least some poorer girls do not wear panties under long skirts and it is the norm to just pee down their legs...Or so they tell me and they...should know.       Even in mediteranean countries I knew girls who told me that is was so easy to wet their panties as young girls and even as teens and late teens, simply because the weather was so hot that panties dried very quickly, if they could have gotten away with it they would have preferred to wear no panties and just pee when they could do so discreetly. 

Edited by WetG/F (see edit history)