Welcome to OmoOrg!
Register now to gain access to all of our communities features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to download faster, create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, create your own user profile and much more! If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Texas State Senator Talks 13 Hours without Peeing

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Male wettingman

wettingman

Omorashi Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 679 posts

Without getting to the politics of the State of Texas abortion bill I just wanted to mention State Senator Wendy Davis filibustered to prevent the bill’s passage.  By rule she remained standing on the floor for 13 hours straight without any break including a bathroom break, or anything to drink. I wonder if she showed any signs of desperation near the end, made a dash for the ladies room or wore a diaper. That is a nice long hold that I have done, but not in public, nor without squirming and grabbing, which of course she could not do. I wonder how badly she needed to pee, when it was over.

Enjoy holding your pee until you can't and then wet your pants. It feels great.

Male Gadwin

Gadwin

Fully Wetting

• 285 posts

Without getting to the politics of the State of Texas abortion bill I just wanted to mention State Senator Wendy Davis filibustered to prevent the bill’s passage.  By rule she remained standing on the floor for 13 hours straight without any break including a bathroom break, or anything to drink. I wonder if she showed any signs of desperation near the end, made a dash for the ladies room or wore a diaper. That is a nice long hold that I have done, but not in public, nor without squirming and grabbing, which of course she could not do. I wonder how badly she needed to pee, when it was over.

Typically, when people perform a filibuster they go into it wearing a diaper for this exact reason. Going 13 conscious hours without a bathroom break, while I suppose it's technically possible with enough training through holds to stretch your muscles, is extremely difficult. The average person's bladder reaches capacity after about 8-10 hours.

Edited by Gadwin, 27 June 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Male Redd

Redd

Spurting

• 223 posts

I am pretty naive when it comes to the inter workings of this great nations political system, so can you explain to me what you are talking about?  I mean, something up there where people get paid way more then they should has a system that is essentially a stand in?  Why wouldn't they be allowed bathroom breaks?  I don't get it.  On the other hand, if I would have known about this, I may have gone into politics.  LOL 

Male Gadwin

Gadwin

Fully Wetting

• 285 posts

I am pretty naive when it comes to the inter workings of this great nations political system, so can you explain to me what you are talking about?  I mean, something up there where people get paid way more then they should has a system that is essentially a stand in?  Why wouldn't they be allowed bathroom breaks?  I don't get it.  On the other hand, if I would have known about this, I may have gone into politics.  LOL 

A filibuster is when someone attempts to stall a legislative vote by getting on the floor in court and refusing to leave. Per law in the US, in the Senate you are permitted to talk about any subject you want. Therefore, people who filibuster  talk about inane BS, gibberish, or sometimes they even just read out of an encyclopedia. As long as they are talking, regardless what it is about, the vote cannot proceed. If they leave the floor for any reason, including bathroom breaks, the filibuster ends because the person is no longer talking.

Edited by Gadwin, 27 June 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Male Redd

Redd

Spurting

• 223 posts

I see, so a court is actually open 13 hours?  I mean, wouldn't they just end after 8 and reconvene the following day?  I guess I need to watch more Court TV.  This is all quite amusing to me. 

Female rachelkirwan

rachelkirwan

The Queen of Omorashi.org

• Contributory Member
  • 4,723 posts

Senate or legislature, some legislatures have limits stopping fillibuster but yeah, the longest in the US, before reform was 101 hours I think, by a guy who was speaking against desegregation (he was also like 102 when he stepped down from the senate, a complete tool.

Is there any CSPAN footage of this?

Male TVGuy

TVGuy

Soaking Wet

• Producer
  • 326 posts

A filibuster is when someone attempts to stall a legislative vote by getting on the floor in court and refusing to leave. Per law in the US, in the Senate you are permitted to talk about any subject you want. Therefore, people who filibuster  talk about inane BS, gibberish, or sometimes they even just read out of an encyclopedia. As long as they are talking, regardless what it is about, the vote cannot proceed. If they leave the floor for any reason, including bathroom breaks, the filibuster ends because the person is no longer talking.

While true at the national level, in the Texas senate where this filibuster occurred she had to remain on topic.  She could only discuss the bill at hand.  In fact, some republic lawmakers tried to force an end to her filibuster because she mentioned planned parenthood and sonograms, which they claimed was outside the scope of the bill and therefor she was no longer engaged in a filibuster.  However, she was able to continue despite this claim.  State senates sometimes have different rules than the U.S. Senate.  In the U.S. senate you can simply refuse to yield the floor to another speaker and accomplish a filibuster, but take as many bathroom, food, sleep and other breaks as you need, as long as you don't yield.

I see, so a court is actually open 13 hours?  I mean, wouldn't they just end after 8 and reconvene the following day?  I guess I need to watch more Court TV.  This is all quite amusing to me. 

This wasn't a court, but the legislative assembly.  The senate can indeed adjourn and reconvene the following day, but only once the current speaker yields the floor.  By refusing to stop speaking and yield they can not adjourn.

My high definition fetish video websites- HD Wetting, HD Diapers, HD Voyeurism and Fetish Video Store.

Check out my twitter @DaFuzzySquirrel and Tumblr.

Male quietpr

quietpr

Soaking Wet

• Contributory Member
  • 371 posts

Senate or legislature, some legislatures have limits stopping fillibuster but yeah, the longest in the US, before reform was 101 hours I think, by a guy who was speaking against desegregation (he was also like 102 when he stepped down from the senate, a complete tool.

Is there any CSPAN footage of this?

That would be the late Strom Thurmond, I believe.  Definitely on the wrong side of history.

Female rachelkirwan

rachelkirwan

The Queen of Omorashi.org

• Contributory Member
  • 4,723 posts

That would be the late Strom Thurmond, I believe.  Definitely on the wrong side of history.

Yes I do believe it would be...

He was an ass.

:)

Male PERVasive

PERVasive

Leaking

• 133 posts

I know the entire Texas filibuster was streamed live. There is probably a video recording floating around somewhere. Towards the end it was quite the chaotic tangle of bylaws, motions, and countermotions.

The story of my fetish: A Fetish Chronicle: Part 1

Male quietpr

quietpr

Soaking Wet

• Contributory Member
  • 371 posts

And unruly protesters. :)  Don't forget those, PERVasive...LOL

I dunno if claims about the typical filibuster undergarments are entirely accurate...but it is an interesting thought.

Male myaso2005

myaso2005

Squirming

• Basic Member
  • 38 posts

So I'm not the only one, whose first thought was about her derspation after reading those news... :tongue:

And seriously, probably she wore some kind of diaper (I mean she'd think about this situatuion beforehead and won't take a risk).

BTW, are you sure that she's not allowed to drink (I'm not  knowledgeable into American laws, never mind that every state has its own... I know what filibuster is just from watching "Mr. Smith goes to Washington") ?

And regarding the footgate, what is for sure that the whole thing is recorded, though it's not easy to find and only small parts were shown in TV news. Anyway the recording is from waist up.

Edited by myaso2005, 27 June 2013 - 06:50 PM.

DrBorderline

DrBorderline

Soaking Wet

• 329 posts

I remember reading Strom Thurmond prepared for his filibuster by deliberately dehydrating himself via steam baths for several days.

Which is a lot of effort and risk to go through for something that didn't work anyway. There's a lesson in that, possibly. That is, besides "absorbent undergarments are less likely to kill you."

"That's why I suggest that you split the difference by doing the right thing in the most evil manner possible."
-Scott Meyer, Basic Instructions, How to Make A Decision

Male DiminishingReturns

DiminishingReturns

Spurting

• 177 posts

Yes I do believe it would be...

He was an ass.

:)

Areyou guys sure that wasn't Robert Byrd? I myself am not sure, but Byrd was an active member, and leader in the KKK. While publicly renouncing it, he held onto his racist beliefs to the very end as is shown is his writings and journals. Either way, yes, thats essentally a filibuster. A parlimentary tactic, used to hold some form of balance against a majority. Funny because the side that is in power always whines about how unfair it is, and then when they are in the minority, use it in the same manner. American politics disgust me to the deepest level.

But I digress. Wendy Davis is known to be quite fond of her coffe's, and drinks many of them. There is no way she wasn't diapered during the filibuster. I didn't check CSPAN, but if it was covered in its entirety, and she did make use of said protection, I bet some of the more savvy members here could pinpoit the exact moment she surrendered to her need.

Male quietpr

quietpr

Soaking Wet

• Contributory Member
  • 371 posts

It could also have been Byrd...Thurmond and Byrd were co-conspirators for two long decades before Thurmond jumped parties.  And neither of them ever really figured out how not to be attached to old and ignorant ideas.

EnragedFilia

EnragedFilia

Fully Wetting

• 249 posts

Apparently the Texas state senate has different rules from the Federal senate, because when they finally forced her to sit down it was because she "went off-topic" too many times. (according to several of the stories I read about it at least).

Male Dragon

Dragon

Leaking

• 104 posts

Haha really glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought this when I heard about the filibuster. 

Male joemamma

joemamma

Fidgeting

• Basic Member
  • 15 posts

From last nights Rachel Maddow Show, "Wendy Davis was equipped with a catheter" of some kind.  So, sadly no obvious signs of desperation, but the entire recorded stream is available at texas tribune and on youtube i'm certain and the empassioned nearly-13-hour discussion is worth a nod no matter what your politics

Male Justice

Justice

Fully Wetting

• 244 posts
I would just like to say that in all state senates if said person stutters too much, says gibberish, pauses for too long, or leaves during a filibuster for any reason, said filibuster immediately ends.

"I am... justice!" Light Yagami

Female ChloeLeSaurus

ChloeLeSaurus

Dribbling

• Basic Member
  • 62 posts

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one that thought about this. I also heard that she had a catheter. I'm not totally sure what that is.. does it block it so she can't pee, or is it like a tube so she pees in a bag hidden in her pants?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 lurkers, 0 anonymous users